SportsWrath

Bill Parcells

Tempest

Parcell's contract

The guy is a weasel to say it nicely. In the real world he is an opportunistic scumbag in the ranks of Drew Rosenhaus and Scott Boras.

I know that a lot of Giants fans hold Parcell's in a place of honor for what he did for the NY Giants but everyone forgets what he has done since then. For an organization as honorable as the NY Giants he has used them as a chip in the pile, and he's done that to every team he's been with since then. Congrats to him for resting on his laurels and cashing in on it.

Hope he never gets into the hall of fame, it would desecrate the shrine for the champions of the NFL.

Yet again another organization that gets its take on prostitutes by watching reruns of Pretty Woman. Listen The Prostitute is all about himself. And he will get into the Hall of Fame. I have ameliorated some of my hatred for him as the Giants could have had him again...but cadaverous George Young could not let go of his hatred of him and basically lied to and fagged out Wellington Mara who wanted The Prostitute back; but Georgie told Mara he had already hired Mr. Cashing in His Chips and he could not go back on his word. Your word....Your Word? I pay the bills motherfucker....its my WORD that counts. Another time when I wish Mara was more like Baron Von Steingrabber.

I can't blame a guy for making a living , hey they agreed to the contract terms Good for Bill

he will be in the HoF Some day. He has his fingerprints all over the NFL . He is in an evolving Profession

that he has either made or is perfecting that is an NFL team Consultant. HE came to Miami and helped to turn it around. they go deep into the playoffs this year and he will have created an open check book for himself.

While I'm sure Miami hired Parcells with the full intention of him fulfilling his contract, it was they who changed the contract 3 weeks prior to the final sale, not Parcells. The new owner didn't contest it, meaning he knows what could happen. Nowhere in that article does it say Parcells is exercising the clause, just that he has the option. He's already said he's committed to the Dolphins through '09. I don't see how this makes him a weasel. Although, I think if he feels the 'Phins are set for '09, say after free agency and the draft, he would be more inclined to exercise that clause than if it wasn't there for him to use. I'd be willing to bet that if any of us had that kind of clause in our work situation, and we knew the company was set without us, we'd exercise the clause as well. Some of us anyway.

Parcells was hired by Huzienga. The parameters of the organization changed drastically since then. What did Parcells do that was so wrong? Protect himself from someone that did not hire him.

I just do not get the hate for Parcells. Sure he went to Dallas, but the man was wise enough to leave there when he saw what a mess it was becoming. He has built a winner everywhere he has gone and IMO no Giant fan can say any ill will about what he brought back to our organization in the 80's. Was his exit untimely? Yes it was. No matter what though GY was hiring Handley as the next HC so none of that Belichick stuff mattered, they were not hiring him.

Parcells came very close to coming back here in 1997 as well. Only because Wellington Mara was a man of his word and GY had told him he offered the job to Fassel did they turn Parcells down. He wanted to come back. Imagine how different things could have been? Accorsi probably never gets hired to replace GY as Parcells would have been in line for that, Jim Fassel may actually have a job now and who the hell knows who the Giants HC is?

Parcells was hired by Huzienga. The parameters of the organization changed drastically since then. What did Parcells do that was so wrong? Protect himself from someone that did not hire him.

I just do not get the hate for Parcells. Sure he went to Dallas, but the man was wise enough to leave there when he saw what a mess it was becoming. He has built a winner everywhere he has gone and IMO no Giant fan can say any ill will about what he brought back to our organization in the 80's. Was his exit untimely? Yes it was. No matter what though GY was hiring Handley as the next HC so none of that Belichick stuff mattered, they were not hiring him.

Parcells came very close to coming back here in 1997 as well. Only because Wellington Mara was a man of his word and GY had told him he offered the job to Fassel did they turn Parcells down. He wanted to come back. Imagine how different things could have been? Accorsi probably never gets hired to replace GY as Parcells would have been in line for that, Jim Fassel may actually have a job now and who the hell knows who the Giants HC is?

If I was Wellington as I wrote before...I would have told George that The Prostitute was coming back...and that Fassel would be compensated behind closed doors. If neither one of them liked it...then they could walk.

I don't see this as weasely. It's something every coach or gm would ask for if they could command as much, and to his credit he can. If you're in the Miami organization you have to feel like you've already won anyway.

If I was Wellington as I wrote before...I would have told George that The Prostitute was coming back...and that Fassel would be compensated behind closed doors. If neither one of them liked it...then they could walk.

GY was past his prime at this point anyway. By 1997 when they brought in Accorsi to assist him it was more to watch him and help him. In hindsight GY should have left about 1993 or so after Reeves first year. Reeves is such a classy guy, but he was having problems with Gy by 95 and into 96 and he as much said on his Sirius radio show that GY was gettting a little forgetful towards the end of Reeves Giants run.

Can you imagine GY even in 1997 as the GM of the NY Giants did not own a cell phone, so when he went to meet Fassel and offer him the job they had to call the hotel to talk to him and tell him not to do it. Think about, had the man had a cell phone Fassel never would have been the HC of the NYG.

GY was past his prime at this point anyway. By 1997 when they brought in Accorsi to assist him it was more to watch him and help him. In hindsight GY should have left about 1993 or so after Reeves first year. Reeves is such a classy guy, but he was having problems with Gy by 95 and into 96 and he as much said on his Sirius radio show that GY was gettting a little forgetful towards the end of Reeves Giants run.

Can you imagine GY even in 1997 as the GM of the NY Giants did not own a cell phone, so when he went to meet Fassel and offer him the job they had to call the hotel to talk to him and tell him not to do it. Think about, had the man had a cell phone Fassel never would have been the HC of the NYG.

Simply ridiculous. GY was one set in his ways old mo fo. I remember Reeves was as pissed as shit at some of the barriers that prevented him and the organization from going forward. GY never understood and/or could handle the salary cap. And Acorsi would be the last person I would have as anyone's minder as he sometimes could not (and still can't) find his ass with both hands and a hunting dog. GY was always trying to play up Reeves as being power hungry in his less than anonymous leaks to his pet sports writers. Reeves like his mentor Landry was always a gentleman. I truly felt sorry for Reeves because he was always saddled with the organizations unpopular decisions and wrong turns. Imagine you are a second year coach and you get tasked with the job of telling Phil Simms (who could still play at a high level in the Giants system) that you were going to have to be forcefully retired so as not to be an impediment to the likes of that waste of space Dave Brown. Wellington was a little too hands off with GY IMHO.

You can argue that the first SB win was an organization win pure and simple. The second was pure Prostitute, Belicheat and Bills' guys like LT, Simms, Hoss, OT and the scrappy guys from other teams brought in to fill a role and play hard to win. The Prostitute never forgave GY for not fielding a decent scab team like some of the other teams did in the 87 strike. He saw GY too eager to "take one for the league" bullshit that the Giants always excel in. GY seems like the kind of guy who wanted you to tell him his ass produced Tiffany cuff links when it was obvious it didn't. :LMAO:

Parcell's contract

The guy is a weasel to say it nicely. In the real world he is an opportunistic scumbag in the ranks of Drew Rosenhaus and Scott Boras.

I know that a lot of Giants fans hold Parcell's in a place of honor for what he did for the NY Giants but everyone forgets what he has done since then. For an organization as honorable as the NY Giants he has used them as a chip in the pile, and he's done that to every team he's been with since then. Congrats to him for resting on his laurels and cashing in on it.

Hope he never gets into the hall of fame, it would desecrate the shrine for the champions of the NFL.

In the real world, you are a jealous jerk. :TD:

Parcell's contract

Pro sports is all about winning, and the guy is a winner, pure and simple. He took over a Dolphins team that had completely cratered, and rebuilt them into a playoff contender.

Like him (I do) or hate him, Parcells has the NFL's Secret Sauce recipe.

Simply ridiculous. GY was one set in his ways old mo fo. I remember Reeves was as pissed as shit at some of the barriers that prevented him and the organization from going forward. GY never understood and/or could handle the salary cap. And Acorsi would be the last person I would have as anyone's minder as he sometimes could not (and still can't) find his ass with both hands and a hunting dog. GY was always trying to play up Reeves as being power hungry in his less than anonymous leaks to his pet sports writers. Reeves like his mentor Landry was always a gentleman. I truly felt sorry for Reeves because he was always saddled with the organizations unpopular decisions and wrong turns. Imagine you are a second year coach and you get tasked with the job of telling Phil Simms (who could still play at a high level in the Giants system) that you were going to have to be forcefully retired so as not to be an impediment to the likes of that waste of space Dave Brown. Wellington was a little too hands off with GY IMHO.

You can argue that the first SB win was an organization win pure and simple. The second was pure Prostitute, Belicheat and Bills' guys like LT, Simms, Hoss, OT and the scrappy guys from other teams brought in to fill a role and play hard to win. The Prostitute never forgave GY for not fielding a decent scab team like some of the other teams did in the 87 strike. He saw GY too eager to "take one for the league" bullshit that the Giants always excel in. GY seems like the kind of guy who wanted you to tell him his ass produced Tiffany cuff links when it was obvious it didn't. :LMAO:

Our 87 scab team was one of the most horrific bunch of football players I have ever seen. I met one of the dudes that was on the team at a work function about 10-11 years ago. He said Parcells would barely talk to them and told them if he could he would walk out with his players and that he is only coaching them because he had to.

Our 87 scab team was one of the most horrific bunch of football players I have ever seen. I met one of the dudes that was on the team at a work function about 10-11 years ago. He said Parcells would barely talk to them and told them if he could he would walk out with his players and that he is only coaching them because he had to.

I remember one long shot of Parcells on CBS during the strike season...and he literally looked like a guy thinking about ending it all with a gun in his mouth. I have never seen such a forlorn look of utter despair on a coaches face in my life.

I remember one long shot of Parcells on CBS during the strike season...and he literally looked like a guy thinking about ending it all with a gun in his mouth. I have never seen such a forlorn look of utter despair on a coaches face in my life.

i recall us playing the 49ers and Walsh pulled a reverse or a flea flicker. Parcells gave him a WTF are you doin sign.

Let me go into this a bit further...

The Dolphins bring in Bill Parcells to rebuild the organization from top to bottom. He brings in Tony Sparano and a number of coordinators and assistants. You have to wonder if they all have that same clause in their contracts? Probably not. What kind of faith can you possibly have in this team from the standpoint of the players and everyone else who doesn't have that clause in their contract.

If Wayne Huizenga just brought Parcells onboard as window dressing so he can then sell it to Stephen Ross, congrats to Wayne because he succeeded. If Parcells decides to leave the Dolphins, they could be back at the bottom of the league competing with the Raiders and Lions just as quickly as they climbed out of the basement this past season.

If the president of football operations can packup and leave at anytime, what does that say about the team? How can you talk to players and coaches about loyalty? How do you inspire confidence in them when you lack it? The Dolphins just seem to be smoke and mirrors which is not the way to build a successful sports franchise.

i recall us playing the 49ers and Walsh pulled a reverse or a flea flicker. Parcells gave him a WTF are you doin sign.

Yeah I remember....and Walsh sort of shrugged...and looked like "hey gotta win it as the games count". I almost swore off of football watching that lousy ass strike season. Then Walsh pulled a full house backfield play that ran for some serious yardage. LOL!!!

Walsh went to the Wing T formation and Parcells just started to laugh.

It's in Accorsi's book I think.

Yeah that's right...the Winged T formation...my God...I think I was ten years old in 74 and I got one of those buzz football games...and it came with templates where you lined your guys up....and then watch buzz themselves into a mass of plastic going in every direction at once. :rolleyes: