SportsWrath

Fassel gets a job....

xxi-xxv

UFL huh? hard to believe this will amount to much......

Yah, but...I mean, it's football...in the Spring...I'm down to at least give it a chance...it'll be slightly better than college.... :brooding:

Fassel was average at best, and accounts for some of the worse losses in Giants history...the playoff game against the Vikings, the collapse against the 49ers...punting to Westbrook with a minute thirty left in the game...and the list goes on and on...not to mention he was very inconsistant, playoffs one year, then a terrible season the next.

Sure he took the team to the Superbowl after he made that guarantee, but then when they got there they got their asses handed to them and became the first team in NFL history to not score an offensive point in a Superbowl game.

There is nothing behind the scenes, you know what you are going to get with Fassel...mediocrity...if he wants to coach his best bet is to go to college...I think he can do good on that level...maybe even a I-AA school.

Agree with you 100%. Also he has to rank up there as the second most naive guy on the planet when it comes to trust. Him and his best friend for life antics with Brian Billick was shameful. Even the water boy for the RAVENS could have told him what an asshole Billick was, is and always will be.....but all you heard prior to the SB was not how badly he wanted to kick him and his teams ass but how great buddies they were. Also his throwing Payton under the bus for the whole stagnating offense thing is another intangible that needs to be mentioned. But I mean come on....the Mangina can get another job in a week and Fassell can't get one for what is it now 7 years at any level. He should just pull a Pete Carrol and get a college job. Like you said that is where he could be the next Bear Bryant. He is just one of those clueless individuals who just cannot fathom why everyone hates him.

You think he threw Payton under the bus T?. Can't agree. Payton's offense had gotten so rigid, that all it was was 5 guys in motion returning to their original spot before the snap, and opponents just figured it out. I think he had to do it and there was some improvement in the offense after he made the move.

LOL!!! That tells you right there he is willing to be OK with being second best. But Acorsi has a lot of nerve torpedoing anyone's career....as I remember there were all so many Championships on his various jobs as GM. :rolleyes:

"If Bert Jones never got hurt.........."

You think he threw Payton under the bus T?. Can't agree. Payton's offense had gotten so rigid, that all it was was 5 guys in motion returning to their original spot before the snap, and opponents just figured it out. I think he had to do it and there was some improvement in the offense after he made the move.

OK I will concede that Boo...but did it have to be so public and blatant about it?

Anyway I have hated Fassel ever since he let his Best Friend For Life bang him hardcore like he did.

He was a very decent coach that was in his first head coaching job. He'd most certainly be better on his second run. I don't know what he did to deserve this stench upon him, but it's bad and they've just killed him. The Baltimore failure, well he was working Kyle Boler and nobody's been able to make that work. I think he's a good guy and in his last season with us, we ended with Jesse Palmer starting; how good could we have been in the last game of that year against Carolina?

Like him or hate him, he had some high points. I prefer our current coach and that mentality, but let's not kill the man...he did have one of the highest points in our history: the NFCCG. If we'd gone on to win, you'd never have heard of TC in this neck of the woods.

My guess is he was #2 for the Raiders job . I heard the David presser today and he said it was down to Cable and one other candidate. Put the pieces together(Cable news coming out yesterday and Fassel news soon after).

BTW listening to Davis today maybe Fassel should have worn his NFC champ ring and hat. Davis argued about his team that since 2002 only 3 other teams have been in the SB from the AFC besides his team. Pats, Pats, Steelers, Colts, Pats, Steelers, completely ignoring the fact that since that SB appearance his team has one of the all time worst 6 year stretches in the history of the league. My guess is if Fassel came with his 2nd place trophy Davis would have hired him on the spot.

Listening to Davis logic about that was like the Yankee/Met etc fan that says "The Red Sox are the highest paid team to win the WS". Its just funny...

He definitely has the passion and doing whatever he can to get back into coaching. What he is doing is no different than what anyone of us would do. I said it back then and I'll say it again, Fassel will be back coaching an NFL team and will be successful once again this league.