SportsWrath

Bye Bye Spags...

so-cal dub

I loved Spags but in November when it was clear our front 4 wasn't going to be able to generate that good of a rush it was up to him to design schemes to get to the QB. And we never really did.

I'm not going to say we're not going to miss a beat with him but if we take someone from within the blow won't be too bad.

Rumors have defensive line coach Mike Waufle in line to replace Spagnuolo as the Giants defensive coordinator. The team may feel Waufle is their most important defensive position coach and does not want to lose him to Spagnuolo, who could name him as his defensive coordinator.

http://njmg.typepad.com/trueblue/2009/01/more-on-spags.html

The New York Giants are targeting Dom Capers as their next defensive coordinator, replacing Steve Spagnuolo, who was hired as Rams coach on Saturday, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen Saturday.

Rams and Bucs hire coaches

NFL.com Video

The Rams hire Steve Spagnuolo.

Capers was New England's special assistant/secondary coach this season.

Capers was given permission and has interviewed for the Packers' defensive coordinator job but is more likely to go with Coughlin. Capers worked with Coughlin in Jacksonville in 1999 and 2000.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3840888

Guest StrahansGap

Pdouble beat me to it. I saw the same thing in rotoworld regarding the Giants targeting Dom Capers.

Do we really need a guy who went from a bad D-Coordinator, to a bad head coach with a 2-14 record, to fired, to D-Coordinator, to a secondary coach, to fired again??? It's obvious who Coughlin wants, but what about what the fans want....

Cut & pasted from wiki:

"On January 29, 2008, Capers interviewed with the Dallas Cowboys for the vacant linebackers coach position. It is rumored that he was offered the defensive coordinator or defensive consultant position.[2]

On February 21, 2008, Dom Capers was hired by the Patriots as their secondary coach/special assistant, replacing Joel Collier.

On January 13th, 2009, media reports speculated that Dom Capers would not be brought back on the Patriots coaching staff."

Pdouble beat me to it. I saw the same thing in rotoworld regarding the Giants targeting Dom Capers.

Do we really need a guy who went from a bad D-Coordinator, to a bad head coach with a 2-14 record, to fired, to D-Coordinator, to a secondary coach, to fired again??? It's obvious who Coughlin wants, but what about what the fans want....

Cut & pasted from wiki:

"On January 29, 2008, Capers interviewed with the Dallas Cowboys for the vacant linebackers coach position. It is rumored that he was offered the defensive coordinator or defensive consultant position.[2]

On February 21, 2008, Dom Capers was hired by the Patriots as their secondary coach/special assistant, replacing Joel Collier.

On January 13th, 2009, media reports speculated that Dom Capers would not be brought back on the Patriots coaching staff."

:LMAO: :LMAO:

You actually thing a Sports Organization gives a shit about it's fans?

As long as they pay for game tickets every week why should they care?

We better not be entering into the post-John fox type defensive days again

I hope so too. That's why it's so important that we don't make a secondaries coach the new DC.

Dom Capers sucks. Johnnie Lynn sucked. Tim Lewis fucking SUCKED.

We need a LB coach as DC... Spags was one, Dungy was one, and Lovie Smith was one. LB coaches for one reason or another make good DCs.

Dom Capers has a pretty impressive resume regarding defenses, if you cast aside the franchise Texans. The problem with him, I could see the team being led by the SS again with him and Tom...or "Dom and Tom" if you will.

I wouldn't mind Capers, but I want someone who is familiar with the current system before Spags starts plucking them.

Why do we have to give everybody a look who is friends with Coughlin all the time?