SportsWrath

Who would you choose to be Head Coach and why

US Patriot

Bill Cowher

Bill Parcells

Eric Mangini

Steve Spagnuolo

the dog would surprisingly go with mangini...the game from a coaching standpoint seems to have passed parcells by. spagnuolo is an effective coordinator, but head coach is a different story, and the dog isn't sure he would fit that role just yet. cowher is the attractive choice, but the dog wonders if the passion will be there (there has never been, to the dog's knowledge, a coach that won a SB with one organization, took time away, and came back with the same intensity to lead another organization back...)...as goofy as mangini is, he had 2 winning seasons with a relatively sub-par jets team. prior to favre, everyone thought they would be a sub-500 team this year...favre comes in and everyone has these great expectations, even though he is past his prime and trying to learn a new system in a short time...mangini still had them in the playoff hunt and finished with a winning record...the dog thinks his leash was a little too tight, and given the right circumstances, he can win...

Bill Cowher, not just because he won a Superbowl with Pittsburg but because he had lots of bad seasons and knows how to build a team back up from a losing season. As far as passion goes, I believe that the guy only has one speed. Also, his players all seemed to like him without being " too friendly"

the dog would surprisingly go with mangini...the game from a coaching standpoint seems to have passed parcells by. spagnuolo is an effective coordinator, but head coach is a different story, and the dog isn't sure he would fit that role just yet. cowher is the attractive choice, but the dog wonders if the passion will be there (there has never been, to the dog's knowledge, a coach that won a SB with one organization, took time away, and came back with the same intensity to lead another organization back...)...as goofy as mangini is, he had 2 winning seasons with a relatively sub-par jets team. prior to favre, everyone thought they would be a sub-500 team this year...favre comes in and everyone has these great expectations, even though he is past his prime and trying to learn a new system in a short time...mangini still had them in the playoff hunt and finished with a winning record...the dog thinks his leash was a little too tight, and given the right circumstances, he can win...

the dog needs to stop writing in 3rd person...the dog sounds like an idiot when the dog writes in 3rd person.

I would hire Marty Schottenheimer because you know he is going to win with your franchise...he may not win a playoff game but I know he will win. I would also consider Dan Reeves. The guy has been to 4 Superbowls and has won with every franchise he has ever coached.

Of course it would also depend on what team I am the GM for. If I were in Detroit I would go with what I just mentioned to turn it around faster....if I were in say Dallas, I would go for Spags.

If I'm coming at it from the Jets' standpoint, I definitely don't go with Marty Schottenheimer, which is the latest rumor making the rounds. Cowher has reportedly told the Browns that he is not interested in coaching at this point. He would be the logical guy for the Jets to go after, but if he's not available, that really limits their options. There's been talk of Parcells coming back, and you have to be intrigued considering the Dolphins' turnaround this year. Spagnuolo would be an interesting guy, but I really think they need to go with an experienced coach at this point.

All in all, I can see the Jets ending up with Schottenheimer. That would just be the typical Jet move.

I would hire Marty Schottenheimer because you know he is going to win with your franchise...he may not win a playoff game but I know he will win. I would also consider Dan Reeves. The guy has been to 4 Superbowls and has won with every franchise he has ever coached.

Of course it would also depend on what team I am the GM for. If I were in Detroit I would go with what I just mentioned to turn it around faster....if I were in say Dallas, I would go for Spags.

oh sure, the dog sounds like an idiot...

Bill Cowher, not just because he won a Superbowl with Pittsburg but because he had lots of bad seasons and knows how to build a team back up from a losing season. As far as passion goes, I believe that the guy only has one speed. Also, his players all seemed to like him without being " too friendly"

I agree. He's got great experience as a HC, is well rested, and he has a lot of fire.

You do, idiot. You said Mangini??? Thats way more pathetic than Schottenheimer.

at the risk of fulfilling your desires to digress threads further, the dog is just saying, he is a young coach that has had two winning seasons in his first three years as a head coach with less than average players...so why not? you would rather have an old time coach that has never won beyond the regular season? isn't that what you consistently harrass cowboy fans about?

at the risk of fulfilling your desires to digress threads further, the dog is just saying, he is a young coach that has had two winning seasons in his first three years as a head coach with less than average players...so why not? you would rather have an old time coach that has never won beyond the regular season? isn't that what you consistently harrass cowboy fans about?

Schottzi would be great for the Lions--young team (assuming they rebuild) that needs discipline and a guy to teach them how to get to the playoffs. Then, once the team actually starts to get to the playoffs, you have to can him.

I'd love to have him as a DC. We'd have linebackers again.

Wasn't he our DC or linebackers coach back under Perkins....cause Young always had a come hither hard on for him as the ultimate replacement for the Prostitute. But I guess the Mara family most not have been to keen on him.

He was our linebackers coach from 1975-76, and our DC in 1977. You know, VanPelt, Kelly, Carson. A real chicken salad maker.

the dog needs to stop writing in 3rd person...the dog sounds like an idiot when the dog writes in 3rd person.

leave the dog alone.. the dog give this forum some different flavour!!!!

anyways. i would go with Bill..... his players all play for him.. that's something every coach try to accomplish..

Parcells! He's like the Billy Martin of football. There's times when you want to jump in your TV and cold cock them one, but you can't ignore the fact they can turn garbage into a meal. (speaking of Billy in past tense, of course. May he continue to rest in peace.)

Parcells! He's like the Billy Martin of football. There's times when you want to jump in your TV and cold cock them one, but you can't ignore the fact they can turn garbage into a meal. (speaking of Billy in past tense, of course. May he continue to rest in peace.)

as far as developing talent, the dog would agree...maybe parcells more in the GM role than the coaching role - in the dog's opinion, the game from a coaching standpoint seems to have moved beyond him now...