SportsWrath

Damn, the Giants are a deep team

JMFP

Against a desperate Minnesota team, our reserves nearly beat them. It took a 50 yarder with 00:00 for a team with everything to win to beat a reserve squad playing with house money.

That's the most impressive loss since the 2007 Week 17 game v. the Pats.

If Carr isn't the best backup QB in the NFL, I don't know who is. Too bad it's probably not in the budget for 2009 to keep him.

Really? Im thinking, unless some desperate team pays him, he's still our backup.

I hope you're right. But there are alot of crappy QB's out there. Just think what Carr could do for the Vikings, for example.

He was a little to quick to scramble with it...but I liked what he did and would bring him back next year.

As far as budget goes, I don't think he would break the bank and I think the Giants could do what they did this past regular season again with Eli and a backup with Woodson on the PS.

He was a little to quick to scramble with it...but I liked what he did and would bring him back next year.

As far as budget goes, I don't think he would break the bank and I think the Giants could do what they did this past regular season again with Eli and a backup with Woodson on the PS.

Looked to me like the passing plays designed for Carr involve throwing from outside the pocket

I hope so. Carr has some mobility, and that pass to Hixon for the TD was sweet. Carr could definitely keep the ship pointed towards the playoffs if Eli missed a week or two.

My gut tells me that there's a team out there (Vikings, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Jets, to name a couple) that would be willing to give Carr a starter's job, and that's how we'll likely lose him next year.

i agree- he got happy feet a couple of times- who could blame him with his history and the second string in there vs their regulars. he did get decked pretty good once too.

but overall, a very good performance- btw, how did he get so tanned?

i agree- he got happy feet a couple of times- who could blame him with his history and the second string in there vs their regulars. he did get decked pretty good once too.

but overall, a very good performance- btw, how did he get so tanned?

It was a classic illegal and quite devastating helmet to helmet hit at that.

I hope you're right. But there are alot of crappy QB's out there. Just think what Carr could do for the Vikings, for example.

i dont know, jackson might've finally gotten it together. i guess it depends on hwo he does in the playoffs but i bet they go with him again next year

Against a desperate Minnesota team, our reserves nearly beat them. It took a 50 yarder with 00:00 for a team with everything to win to beat a reserve squad playing with house money.

That's the most impressive loss since the 2007 Week 17 game v. the Pats.

If Carr isn't the best backup QB in the NFL, I don't know who is. Too bad it's probably not in the budget for 2009 to keep him.

Don't bet on it. Carr will be kept.. unless he finds a starting job somewhere else. but make no mistake about it, he can do very well behind our OL.