SportsWrath

receivers for next yr.... Boldin?

timsheeran

I know its premature... but w/ plax on his way out, we will be looking pretty good cap wise....

I think the Giants should

#1: resign Ward and Jacobs

#2: Go after Anguion (SP?) Boldin

we need a tall #1 receiver.... Boldin is a free agent....He'd be a GREAT Giant.... guys as tough as they come

I know its premature... but w/ plax on his way out, we will be looking pretty good cap wise....

I think the Giants should

#1: resign Ward and Jacobs

#2: Go after Anguion (SP?) Boldin

we need a tall #1 receiver.... Boldin is a free agent....He'd be a GREAT Giant.... guys as tough as they come

Problem is Boldin isn't a free agent is he? I thought he has two years left on a contract he doesn't like.

If we want him it'll cost more than money.

Problem is Boldin isn't a free agent is he? I thought he has two years left on a contract he doesn't like.

If we want him it'll cost more than money.

Hhhmmmm...I thought he was but you are right, 2010. Basically all three WR are out of the question. Now Asomugha, as un-likely as it would be, would be noice. Webster and Asomugha, who shutdown Johnson, would be killer. :rock:

Can we see what we have in Hixon/Manningham first? Hixon hasn't really started that much, and Manningham has barely had any play.

I don't think spending that much for a wide receiver is really all that great an idea. Especially if we are a run first team. We really need possession receivers if we're run-first, and we have them in Toomer, Smith, and Boss.

Can we see what we have in Hixon/Manningham first? Hixon hasn't really started that much, and Manningham has barely had any play.

I don't think spending that much for a wide receiver is really all that great an idea. Especially if we are a run first team. We really need possession receivers if we're run-first, and we have them in Toomer, Smith, and Boss.

I agree. I think that's a position we'll address in the draft.

In free agency next year there's not going to be a solid number one wr.

If we do pick up a big name in FA, which I doubt, it'll be a LB, OL, DL, or DB. Those are the positions in FA that have talented and young for the most part available players. We all have someone we'd like to pick up every year, but you can't argue with what Reese has done over the last two years.

Hhhmmmm...I thought he was but you are right, 2010. Basically all three WR are out of the question. Now Asomugha, as un-likely as it would be, would be noice. Webster and Asomugha, who shutdown Johnson, would be killer. :rock:

I would love Asomougha, or even DeAngelo Hall who looks a lot better out of a Raiders uniform. I am the probably the biggest Aaron Ross hater on planet earth, he is probably the worst cornerback in the NFL maybe the worst player on our team, we need a upgrade at corner in a bad way. We have a more realistic shot at getting a cornerback then we do getting a top notch reciever, Arizona would want Ward or Jacobs plus a 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th for Boldin their price is gonna be outrageous just to keep him in a Cardinals uniform. We could draft a wideout but the WR class is better next year especially if Michael Crabtree(drooling) does stay in school. An option i wouldn't mind is Braylon Edwards, yeah i know he drops alot of balls and has a little bit of a Plex attitude but, he alsos catches alot of balls and tore us a new asshole back in week 6 (ref: Aaron Ross) but if Braylon gets out Cleveland could be like Randy Moss leaving Oakland maybe just needs a new place. Braylon is only 25 years old too.

I would love Asomougha, or even DeAngelo Hall who looks a lot better out of a Raiders uniform. I am the probably the biggest Aaron Ross hater on planet earth, he is probably the worst cornerback in the NFL maybe the worst player on our team, we need a upgrade at corner in a bad way. We have a more realistic shot at getting a cornerback then we do getting a top notch reciever, Arizona would want Ward or Jacobs plus a 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th for Boldin their price is gonna be outrageous just to keep him in a Cardinals uniform. We could draft a wideout but the WR class is better next year especially if Michael Crabtree(drooling) does stay in school. An option i wouldn't mind is Braylon Edwards, yeah i know he drops alot of balls and has a little bit of a Plex attitude but, he alsos catches alot of balls and tore us a new asshole back in week 6 (ref: Aaron Ross) but if Braylon gets out Cleveland could be like Randy Moss leaving Oakland maybe just needs a new place. Braylon is only 25 years old too.

Although there aren't any standout Calvin Johnson type wr's other than Crabtree, there are lots of great prospects. One of the more interesting is Pat White. He'll likely convert to Wr, and dude is fast, athletic, and very talented.

So we might not get our number one, but I think we will at least use a 3rd round pick on a WR.

I agree about Ross. He is a nickleback at best, but I'd rather see what Thomas can do than draft another 1st rnder or sign a big name.

Good list if you're looking for a number 2 or 3. Plus you can pretty much scratch Housh off of there right now, unless he's got his mind set to get the fuck out of dodge.

i don't know where dodge is but i think he wants out of Cincinnati.

i'm curious, nesta- why did you say forget about him? i would think that a great mutual fit, i mean him and the giants.

Who TJ? I just think the Bengals are so fucked at the WR position that they'll pay him a hefty price to stay. If he walks, I'm all for going after him, but he's gonna be expensive considering the drop off in talent behind him.