SportsWrath

receivers for next yr.... Boldin?

timsheeran

I agree. I think that's a position we'll address in the draft.

In free agency next year there's not going to be a solid number one wr.

If we do pick up a big name in FA, which I doubt, it'll be a LB, OL, DL, or DB. Those are the positions in FA that have talented and young for the most part available players. We all have someone we'd like to pick up every year, but you can't argue with what Reese has done over the last two years.

No way we pick up FA linemen--we're good for a couple more years with our starters on the oline, so draft is the way to go. Same with our dline, which is outstanding when at full strength (remember, we get Osi back next season).

Our defensive backs are in the best situation they've been since the 90's. You guys are selling Ross way short--he's only in his second year, he'll improve. And Thomas and Dockery are fine where they are.

If we spend money, it has to be on linebackers. I'm going to eat crow here and now: Wilkinson is to our draft what Barret Green was to our FA acquisitions: the kid has potential, but he's never on the field, so the potential is worthless. At the beginning of the season, I thought he was going to be a starter. We need linebackers.

I agree with you that we aren't going to do much in free agency--and in a sick way, it's in our interests not to.

bengals are f'd up at every position. they've tried to win with just a passing game for many years. i would think they would concentrate on the core. i see him testing the market- if so, it's a likely marriage.

That's why I said "unless he's got the mindset to get the fuck out of dodge".

don't ever count the Bengals out when it comes to making stupid decisions.

No way we pick up FA linemen--we're good for a couple more years with our starters on the oline, so draft is the way to go. Same with our dline, which is outstanding when at full strength (remember, we get Osi back next season).

Our defensive backs are in the best situation they've been since the 90's. You guys are selling Ross way short--he's only in his second year, he'll improve. And Thomas and Dockery are fine where they are.

If we spend money, it has to be on linebackers. I'm going to eat crow here and now: Wilkinson is to our draft what Barret Green was to our FA acquisitions: the kid has potential, but he's never on the field, so the potential is worthless. At the beginning of the season, I thought he was going to be a starter. We need linebackers.

I agree with you that we aren't going to do much in free agency--and in a sick way, it's in our interests not to.

DB I was thinking a replacement for Butler, not a corner. And I agree about the OL and DL, but stranger things have happened.

i don't think there is any doubt that we will seek out an established

number one receiver either by trade or free agency. i thought eli

would enjoy not having a number one but he doesn't. he enjoys his

number one not being an idiot, for sure.

Problem is Boldin isn't a free agent is he? I thought he has two years left on a contract he doesn't like.

If we want him it'll cost more than money.

Oh shit, hold up. Off topic for a sec.

Nemesis....or whoever wants to start one. We need a signature thread competition. Because Im voting for nesta's hands down. Thats a sick signature!!! :rock:

i don't think there is any doubt that we will seek out an established

number one receiver either by trade or free agency. i thought eli

would enjoy not having a number one but he doesn't. he enjoys his

number one not being an idiot, for sure.

It would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath blu. Doesn't seem to be Reese's MO.

We're 4-2 without that clear cut number one, and 3-2 vs good competition.

Unless we get knocked out of the playoffs because we lack a true number one, I just don't see it happening.

But I do have faith in our draft.

Oh shit, hold up. Off topic for a sec.

Nemesis....or whoever wants to start one. We need a signature thread competition. Because Im voting for nesta's hands down. Thats a sick signature!!! :rock:

Thanks, but I'm kind of dissatisfied with it. It's been about a year since I've made one and it shows. Too unpolished.

It would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath blu. Doesn't seem to be Reese's MO.

We're 4-2 without that clear cut number one, and 3-2 vs good competition.

Unless we get knocked out of the playoffs because we lack a true number one, I just don't see it happening.

But I do have faith in our draft.

you could be right, although i don't think we can judge 'reese's mo' after 2 or 3 off seasons, especially in an area that has been fairly stable up to now. my own feeling is that we need a proven receiver with height to compliment eli's downfield skills.

you could be right, although i don't think we can judge 'reese's mo' after 2 or 3 off seasons, especially in an area that has been fairly stable up to now. my own feeling is that we need a proven receiver with height to compliment eli's downfield skills.

You're right, which is why I said 'seems' to be his MO. It's too early to judge for sure, but his trend in two years has been a small fa splash, when we had needs as big as the wr need is now.

Good god, Barret Green :doh:

I still remember during that playoff game with the Eagles he was the only person on

the defense to register not ONE single tackle, no assist on a tackle, not even a solo one.

I think he should always be remember for that.. it should be mention in his eulogy :cwy:

The question is who was worse? Green or Carlos Emmons?

Emmons, and it's no contest. Green was good when he was on the field, but getting him there was the problem. Emmons was just terrible. Of course, playing Emmons weakside so much didn't help matters.

Same problem with Wilkinson as you have with Green. You just can't trust him to be healthy enough to be anything more than a backup for a game or two.

Emmons, and it's no contest. Green was good when he was on the field, but getting him there was the problem. Emmons was just terrible. Of course, playing Emmons weakside so much didn't help matters.

Same problem with Wilkinson as you have with Green. You just can't trust him to be healthy enough to be anything more than a backup for a game or two.

Wilkinson is our answer to Lance Armstrong, he rides that stationary bike like no one else!!