SportsWrath

Great Plax Article

Martin

http://www.playersvoice.com/nfl/a-com-plax-situation.html

Plax is not a criminal just a scared athlete

that wanted to protect himself.

I feel bad for the guy. I hope the law gives him a break.

the dog agrees with some of the points in the article...but if burress had happened to accidentally shoot someone else rather than himself, the dog wonders if the same perspective would be taken. the problem is, if you are going to carry a weapon to protect yourself, you best know how to use it and be safe with it...in the end, he was extremely lucky that he didn't harm anyone else.

the dog agrees with some of the points in the article...but if burress had happened to accidentally shoot someone else rather than himself, the dog wonders if the same perspective would be taken. the problem is, if you are going to carry a weapon to protect yourself, you best know how to use it and be safe with it...in the end, he was extremely lucky that he didn't harm anyone else.

agreed! Its easy to feel bad for him since he didnt kill anyone.

If that did happen than it all goes out the window.

get a bodyguard or don't go out.

I don't know about all that. Just go out with a bunch of friends, don't show off your "bling", and go to places you're least likely to face trouble... LQs isn't one of those places.

to me the issue isnt that he had a gun

its that he had a gun he wasnt licensed to carry

And was drinking... hard stuff no less... Patron.

And the safety wasn't on.

And a round was chambered.

And he tried to cover it up, and got his friend in trouble, too.

And for all these reasons he is a....

dumbass.jpg

And was drinking... hard stuff no less... Patron.

And the safety wasn't on.

And a round was chambered.

And he tried to cover it up, and got his friend in trouble, too.

And for all these reasons he is a....

dumbass.jpg

Just for the record, I've spoken to a few gun enthusiasts since the incident and from what I've been told the gun he was carrying does not have a safety.

Interesting perspective.

I met a guy at the game two weeks ago who said he used to work at the club Burress frequented. He said they used to get famous people all the time in there and they NEVER patted anyone down or searched anybody. If a famous athlete was coming into the club they knew they were probably dropping ten grand, so nobody really gave a shit what they brought into the club.

if it was a glock 40 which i think it was there are models of that which dont have a safety

Close, it doesn't have a classic type safety, it has Glocks trigger safety, I won't go into it because I've never owned a Glock and am not well versed in them, but from a quick read the idea of the trigger safetyu is to prevent accidental discharge in the event the trigger is caught in clothing. :doh:

However, having a round in the breech, the gun in the pocket, in a bar, with alcohol...Plax is no innocent.

As much as I like Plax and would hate to see him locked up, thats what needs to happen. If he is slapped on the wrist and let go with no real punishment, that just adds fuel to the fire for the anti gun creeps. The people that need to be made an example of are the guys who feel it's ok if they enter a bar strapped with a loaded weapon.

I think if I felt I needed a gun to protect myself, I would not go out. :ph34r:

simple.

Or to a bar where you probably will get into some kind of trouble. When Smith was robbed he was just unfortunate but Plax went out and was just looking for trouble. I guess when you are a Narcissist though going out all iced up seems like a good idea.