SportsWrath

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 14

jerseygiantfan

They both make sense. The Titans do have a better record and the Giants have brutal games now. If the Giants win out I think we can all be delirious about this team, seriously just give them the rings if 14-2, but it's going to be tough. It's very possible that the Giants lose all 3 games. The Eagles have exposed our weak LB core with dumps to Westbrook who just out ran them, Pierce on Westbrook is a joke. The Cowboys definitely have the players to do the same thing and they will be very hungry for the win.

Lets not forget, remember how many times Westbrook has killed the Giants in the past? I think some of us are over reacting a bit and don't realize how good Westbrook is or just forget. When healthy, he is probably the most all around back in the game. He can put 100 on you on the ground and another 100 on you in the air. Remember, he had 10 days to get healthy after his monster game prior against the Cards.

They both make sense. The Titans do have a better record and the Giants have brutal games now. If the Giants win out I think we can all be delirious about this team, seriously just give them the rings if 14-2, but it's going to be tough. It's very possible that the Giants lose all 3 games. The Eagles have exposed our weak LB core with dumps to Westbrook who just out ran them, Pierce on Westbrook is a joke. The Cowboys definitely have the players to do the same thing and they will be very hungry for the win.

I knew this was going to be an issue. If we lose in the playoffs it will probably be because our LBers for the most part are very, very average and they all just plain stink in coverage. At least when Kiwi was a linebacker we had someone who could make plays as a pass rusher.

The Giants need to through money at that position be it an early draft pick or a FA.

You know, I always look at the Power Rankings, but I really hate them with a passion. Even when the Giants are on top. The only rankings that matter are the divisional records, and the record overall comparative to the rest of the NFC. ESPN has an obsession with ranking shit, and all it is are opinions that are just as valuable as yours or mine. They are a complete waste of f-ing time. You know how I know the Giants will be #1 in the rankings? When they are holding a Lombardi trophy in the air for the 2nd time in 3 years. Screw rankings.

That said... I agree with njsmalls. The LBs are weak. We disguise them very well when the pass rush is on. But in recent weeks it hasn't been there. Kiwi particularly needs to get lose and get to the quarterback more often, and Robbins and Cofield need to step it up so Tuck sees more one and ones. When Osi comes back Kiwi goes back to LB and if we draft one in the first round (you can get the top LB in the draft sometimes late in the first round), then we can turn a weakness into a strength.

I knew this was going to be an issue. If we lose in the playoffs it will probably be because our LBers for the most part are very, very average and they all just plain stink in coverage. At least when Kiwi was a linebacker we had someone who could make plays as a pass rusher.

The Giants need to through money at that position be it an early draft pick or a FA.

I've been posting about this for a while. I think the Giants FA has an aversion to drafting a LB in the first round lately. EA was right about pass rushers but I don't see the need for drafting high players for the secondary. The secondary only needs average players while the D-Line and LBs should be where the money goes. Considering that the Giants have few holes I hope they definitely go for some LBs. I don't follow college football much but are there any good LBs in the draft this year, at our 32nd pick of course?

:LMAO:

:unsure: Something funny about that?

He is a probowl caliber DE. We did have to move a very good LB back to the line to compensate for his absence.

That left us with less talent at LB and the dline.

Both of our losses were at least partially due to a lack of pressure, and could have been won with an upgrade at both positions.

It's a matter of opinion. Like proclaiming a victory at Pittsburgh was in the bag. ;)

:unsure: Something funny about that?

He is a probowl caliber DE. We did have to move a very good LB back to the line to compensate for his absence.

That left us with less talent at LB and the dline.

Both of our losses were at least partially due to a lack of pressure, and could have been won with an upgrade at both positions.

It's a matter of opinion. Like proclaiming a victory at Pittsburgh was in the bag. ;)

What ever happened to your injuries don't matter soap box?

And they weren't going undefeated. You are insane.

Last time I checked, your overrated offense did nothing these two games.

Overrated: See the pic in your sig.

Seems like the "experts" are slowly coming around and seeing Romo for what he is, too. The honeymoon seems to be over. Time for Romo to produce results other than for your fantasy team. :ph34r:

and what exactly did your "OVERRATED" offense do in your last to Loses

be careful now ...........choose your words wisely

That was never my stance. That was yours. I only threw back in your face when your team was inflicted.

Injuries play a major part in football. That's why they're reported before games. They have an undeniable affect on the outcome.