SportsWrath

It's Jerry Reese time again.

JMFP

Mark my words - Plaxico is on borrowed time as a NY Giant.

You heard it here on Sportswrath first.

Why dont the Giant's just adopt a Communism type team?

Anytime a player tries to show negative emotion like anger or gets pissed off at the coaching staff for one play we immediately trade them off the team.

Infact lets just brainwash the entire team to show no other emotion but happiness.

I think that will field a good team.

wrong

People said Tiki was too valuable, then it was Shockey, and now, Plaxico.

The trade deadline passed, so yeah, we've got him the rest of this season...but Reese needs to get to work on this. If Plax continues this crap the rest of the season, he'll be seeing the bench, and then he'll be trade bait heading into next year's draft.

Don't know, or pretend to know, what goes on in the Giant locker room, but I know I didn't like what I saw yesterday. No player, especially one coming off a suspension for insubordination, should be yelling "Fuck you!" at the head coach in his first game back, after taking a stupid penalty no less (granted, the original call was horrible, but there's no need to compound the problem). Not to mention it looked like Plax took more than a few plays off (something he's been known to do, even when things are going well).

This has clearly reached a breaking point. I'm not so sure if things can be rectified between Plax and the organization. I know everybody wants to focus on all of the good things Plax has done since coming here, including possibly being the single biggest factor in us winning it all last year, but it may be time to start exploring our options. I think Fitzgerald for Plax and a second rounder is laughable (why exactly would AZ make that trade?), but there has to be some kind of market out there for him. This guy is so hard-headed, though, that I don't think he can ever put that suspension behind him.

Don't know, or pretend to know, what goes on in the Giant locker room, but I know I didn't like what I saw yesterday. No player, especially one coming off a suspension for insubordination, should be yelling "Fuck you!" at the head coach in his first game back, after taking a stupid penalty no less (granted, the original call was horrible, but there's no need to compound the problem). Not to mention it looked like Plax took more than a few plays off (something he's been known to do, even when things are going well).

This has clearly reached a breaking point. I'm not so sure if things can be rectified between Plax and the organization. I know everybody wants to focus on all of the good things Plax has done since coming here, including possibly being the single biggest factor in us winning it all last year[/b], but it may be time to start exploring our options. I think Fitzgerald for Plax and a second rounder is laughable (why exactly would AZ make that trade?), but there has to be some kind of market out there for him. This guy is so hard-headed, though, that I don't think he can ever put that suspension behind him.

This has clearly reached a breaking point. I'm not so sure if things can be rectified between Plax and the organization. I know everybody wants to focus on all of the good things Plax has done since coming here, including possibly being the single biggest factor in us winning it all last year, but it may be time to start exploring our options. I think Fitzgerald for Plax and a second rounder is laughable (why exactly would AZ make that trade?), but there has to be some kind of market out there for him. This guy is so hard-headed, though, that I don't think he can ever put that suspension behind him.

It's eerie, but I agree with much of what you said.

The Plax for Fitzgerald + 2nd rounder would be something I'd love, but sure, from a practical standpoint, I doubt it would ever happen. Still though, I would imagine any GM around the league would think twice about any deal for Plax + a 2nd, regardless of who is involved.

The point I'm trying to make is that Plax has value, he's a proven player, and he's in his prime. There is a market out there for a guy like him, and throwing in a 2nd rounder would draw big talent in any deal.

As Lone Wolf pointed out, the trade deadline is passed, so we're basically stuck with his lame ass attitude for another year.

However, people that think Plaxico is the be-all and end-all at WR for the Giants didn't watch Hixon absolutely light up Seattle. And behind him, we've got Manningham, Moss, and Tyree. Plaxico is definitely not irreplaceable.....Pittsburgh learned that, and unfortunately, so might the Giants if things don't get worked out.

In Plax's defense, he's played hurt, played great, and stayed away from the heavy duty stuff (drugs, guns, etc). But it's pretty clear to me that Reese needs to step in and get this dude's head right, or make plans for a future that does not include him down the road.

Again, I've heard the refrain before with Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey...we supposedly couldn't live without them.....well, I'm not buying it again with Burress.

LArry a Giant?!@?!??!! you guys here are really nutz!!!!!.. that won't happen... only way if the owner of AZ fell in love with Plex from his performance in their stadium that he'll willing to do it......

Giants should of done more than getting Eli during the 2004 draft.. should of traded someone else to AZ for Larry that year.....

It's eerie, but I agree with much of what you said.

The Plax for Fitzgerald + 2nd rounder would be something I'd love, but sure, from a practical standpoint, I doubt it would ever happen. Still though, I would imagine any GM around the league would think twice about any deal for Plax + a 2nd, regardless of who is involved.

The point I'm trying to make is that Plax has value, he's a proven player, and he's in his prime. There is a market out there for a guy like him, and throwing in a 2nd rounder would draw big talent in any deal.

As Lone Wolf pointed out, the trade deadline is passed, so we're basically stuck with his lame ass attitude for another year.

However, people that think Plaxico is the be-all and end-all at WR for the Giants didn't watch Hixon absolutely light up Seattle. And behind him, we've got Manningham, Moss, and Tyree. Plaxico is definitely not irreplaceable.....Pittsburgh learned that, and unfortunately, so might the Giants if things don't get worked out.

In Plax's defense, he's played hurt, played great, and stayed away from the heavy duty stuff (drugs, guns, etc). But it's pretty clear to me that Reese needs to step in and get this dude's head right, or make plans for a future that does not include him down the road.

Again, I've heard the refrain before with Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey...we supposedly couldn't live without them.....well, I'm not buying it again with Burress.

The thing that is extremely important in regards to Plax is that Reese sit down

with this guy and lay it on the line as you mention. Plax needs a talkin to from

the head man. Depending on how that meeting goes and how Plax is the rest of

the season will determine what happens next year. I would absolutely be checking

his value and what possible teams we could deal with if I were Reese.

I think the Giants could win big without Plax also. Eli will find the open man and that

can mean any talented receiver. Plax is not the Giants! He is a giant thats all and

one who is disrespectful to the coach. He is on thin ice. Any more problems and this

is over the top! My advise to Coughlin and Reese be ready, be prepared!!!

LArry a Giant?!@?!??!! you guys here are really nutz!!!!!.. that won't happen... only way if the owner of AZ fell in love with Plex from his performance in their stadium that he'll willing to do it......

Giants should of done more than getting Eli during the 2004 draft.. should of traded someone else to AZ for Larry that year.....

That would've been impossible.. unless you wanted the Giants to mortage their draft picks like the Saints did on Ricky Williams.

with this guy and lay it on the line as you mention. Plax needs a talkin to from

the season will determine what happens next year. I would absolutely be checking

I think the Giants could win big without Plax also. Eli will find the open man and that

can mean any talented receiver. Plax is not the Giants! He is a giant thats all and

one who is disrespectful to the coach. He is on thin ice. Any more problems and this

You bet.. at least Eli won't have to force the ball to Plax to keep him happy.

Martin, you made my point better than I did.

I don't want to jump to conclusions... but do you guys notice a trend here? We lose Tiki.. and the sky was supposed to fall... and we play even better.. shit we win the SB... We lose Strahan and Osi... and the sky was supposed to falling... then we play even better... we also lost Shockey... and we don't miss a beat.. then we lose Plax for a week.. and Hixon/Eli play lights out...

I'm not drawing any conclusions here.. but something tells me Eli plays his best with less egos around him. Now, I ask you guys to comment on this...

I don't want to jump to conclusions... but do you guys notice a trend here? We lose Tiki.. and the sky was supposed to fall... and we play even better.. shit we win the SB... We lose Strahan and Osi... and the sky was supposed to falling... then we play even better... we also lost Shockey... and we don't miss a beat.. then we lose Plax for a week.. and Hixon/Eli play lights out...

I'm not drawing any conclusions here.. but something tells me Eli plays his best with less egos around him. Now, I ask you guys to comment on this...

I wouldn't drag Osi and Strahan into this.

I'm assuming that you missed the Browns and Bengals games, and I'm pretty sure we won the Super Bowl WITH Strahan and Osi.

We lost Plax for the week we played the Seahawks. Don't bust over the fact that we lit up another NFC West team.

I'm assuming that you missed the Browns and Bengals games, and I'm pretty sure we won the Super Bowl WITH Strahan and Osi.

We lost Plax for the week we played the Seahawks. Don't bust over the fact that we lit up another NFC West team.

You missed my sequence of events... We wont the SB after Tiki.

please leave my man Gap tooth alone... Osi is a team player, he isn't cocky nor is he hard headed. the guy is lay back and dangerous at the same time.. with Osi back next year and move Tuck and KIWI around, we'll be rated #1 D next season..

anyway, i do agree with you regarding the trend. but then Seahawks aren't a good team to compare with. if Plex was out when we were beating DeadSkins or if Plex some how out when we play PITT and win, then we got something to go by...

your conclusion make me think of our Defence, we can all agree it's top notch D we got there.. why? not cause we only have great players (a lot of other teams have brand names too ) but it seems none of our D players have any ego issues.

NAS there is something to this as far as the offense is concerned!

Eli plays better when not pressured by his own players. He deals

with the pressure of the game better than having to force it

to shockey or plax. If plax just plays and keeps quite than all

will be fine. Look at Chad Johnson big mouth where does it

get the team in the end? I know receivers have big ego's and want

the ball but Eli is more dangerous when he spreads the ball around.

Plax better be careful I dont think J-Reese is happy about this

and something tells me he wouldnt hesistate to pull the trigger

if it will be a permanent problem!!