SportsWrath

It's Jerry Reese time again.

JMFP

I have a lot of respect for Coughlin in keeping his cool with Plaxico and the reporters. Coughlin is trying to keep his conversation with Plaxico in house. But regardless of what Coughlin might say, the situation is not good, and needs to go up the chain of command a little. If I’m Mara/Tisch, I’m talking to Jerry Reese right now, instructing him to have a little “come to Jesus” meeting with Plaxico. Sadly, after what I saw on the sidelines yesterday, it’s time for another Jerry Reese intervention.

I don’t know exactly how it should be worded, but if I were Jerry Reese, it would go something like this:

“Don’t fuck with MY team. That’s right….MY team. Mr. Mara and Mr. Tisch gave ME the authority to manage the coaching staff and players. When you mouth off to MY coach, you’re mouthing off to me. So if you’ve got something up your ass, you say it to me, right now. Otherwise, you shut your mouth, or by God I’ll ship your fucking butt off to Detroit and you’ll understand the true meaning of frustration.”

And regardless of what happens, if I’m Jerry Reese, I’m working the phones for a Plaxico trade. Right now, with our depth, and our talent, I’m willing to trade talent for chemistry. I like the idea of Plaxico + the New Orleans 2nd round pick to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald. If not the Cards, then move on to another team…..this league is littered with “superstars” on mediocre teams. I’d take Braylon Edwards for the same deal any day. Heck, I’d like to see Calvin Johnson as a Giant.

From everything I’ve heard, Manningham was a complete stud at Michigan….almost the same caliber as Braylon Edwards, according to many alumni I’ve talked to. I don’t buy into the “can’t get to the Super Bowl without Plaxico garbage”….sure they can.

LOL, I know it wont happen, but I just really like Fitzy as far as non Giant players go.

Oh dont get me wrong see Fitzy is a great player but..we have Plax :P

I mean him and Eli have hooked up for more TDs then any other QB/WR combo in Giants history plus he has most of Eli's career TDs under his belt.

I just think its the fact the media has gotten on the whole "Plax is a bad guy" is why people are questioning him. Plax will retire a Giant and I dont believe any of this garbage that people are saying about him.

Its amazing to me how many people want Plaxico cut... simply amazing.... receivers like him are a rare commodity in the nfl. I've been watching the Giants religiously since I was 8 (I'm 22 now) and we have never had a receiver that can do the things Plax has done for us. I'm sorry but you just can't convince me that someone like Hixon can fill the void left by Plax. It is simply unrealistic homerish thinking.

I have a lot of respect for Coughlin in keeping his cool with Plaxico and the reporters. Coughlin is trying to keep his conversation with Plaxico in house. But regardless of what Coughlin might say, the situation is not good, and needs to go up the chain of command a little. If I’m Mara/Tisch, I’m talking to Jerry Reese right now, instructing him to have a little “come to Jesus” meeting with Plaxico. Sadly, after what I saw on the sidelines yesterday, it’s time for another Jerry Reese intervention.

he didn't do anything terrible and reese is the one that gave him the big contract. you cannot replace plax with hixon or manningham. no way.

Fitzgerald just got locked up last July. Why would zona do that deal?

We're stuck with him. I think it was more of a heat of the moment thing with Plax any way. He was hurt, he was called on a BS penalty, and didn't want to deal with TC.

Fitzgerald just got locked up last July. Why would zona do that deal?

We're stuck with him. I think it was more of a heat of the moment thing with Plax any way. He was hurt, he was called on a BS penalty, and didn't want to deal with TC.

Yeah, the announcers were even saying there was no interference.

I think people are just upset with the way we have been playing lately and I bet even the players are frustrated, Plax included.

I mean we went from a pretty good powerhouse team and over the last couple games we have slowed down. Our first major test is coming up against the Steelers this week and I guarantee you Plax will be bringing everything he has against his former team which gave him this whole "bad attitude" label.

Not to mention the only time we have heard about Plax "acting up" is recently during his suspension...and only from the media...the locker room and the coaches have his back and it will be that way for along time.

Its amazing to me how many people want Plaxico cut... simply amazing.... receivers like him are a rare commodity in the nfl. I've been watching the Giants religiously since I was 8 (I'm 22 now) and we have never had a receiver that can do the things Plax has done for us. I'm sorry but you just can't convince me that someone like Hixon can fill the void left by Plax. It is simply unrealistic homerish thinking.

Well, Pittsburgh won a Superbowl after replacing him. I guess someone forgot to tell Pittsburgh that Plex actually is Jerry Rice reincarnated. :o

Well, Pittsburgh won a Superbowl after replacing him. I guess someone forgot to tell Pittsburgh that Plex actually is Jerry Rice reincarnated. :o

a 10 catch 140+ yard performance against al harris in lambeau with a superbowl appearance on the line... slice it and dice it however you want, it was a jerry rice type performance

a 10 catch 140+ yard performance against al harris in lambeau with a superbowl appearance on the line... slice it and dice it however you want, it was a jerry rice type performance

Al Harris has never been burned... :lol:

In an attempt to put this to rest.... here we go....

Miles Austin is better than Plaxico Burress

The cowboys defense is better than the 85 bears

Pacman Jones is conspired against unfairly

Romo is the second coming of Christ

Roy Williams has excellent coverage skills

Other Roy Williams had a great game Sunday

Brad Johnson is better than Eli

The cowboys won't lose again ever

and T.O. gave you the thumbs up on the tug job you requested

did i forget anything?