SportsWrath

Dick Lynch, R.I.P.

JMFP

Sad news....a very classy guy.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/giants/arch...lynch_pass.html

Dick Lynch passes away

BY PAUL SCHWARTZ

Dick Lynch, a former Giants defensive back and for the past 41 years a colorful Giants radio analyst, has died at the age of 72 after a long illness.

Lynch was absent from the broadcast booth this season but for so many years was a fixture, providing an old-style charm on the air that often allowed his exuberance to come through. He was a proud graduate of Notre Dame who played defensive back (and wore No. 22) for the Giants from 1959-66 during the heyday of a storied defensive unit. In 1963, he made his only Pro Bowl after leading the league with nine interceptions. Lynch spent one season (1958) with the Redskins and in 1959 came back to the Giants to work on the radio and never left. He was always a favorite of the late team co-owner, Wellington Mara.

A Long Island native who resided in Douglaston, Queens, Lynch suffered a personal tragedy back on Sept. 11, 2001, when one of his sons, Richard, 31, was killed in the terrorist attacks. Richard Lynch worked on the 84th floor of Two World Trade Center.

I was wondering why I had not heard him this year on the radio....now they have Russ Salzberg, Banks and Papa. No knock against Salzberg but Lynch rocked compared to him. He really understood coverages and was always very prescient knowing when a particular play was going to result in the Giants getting lit up. He would have made a great coach. RIP.

that is really sad news ...... we have all enjoyed Dick for many years on the ( internet ) radio over here . God rest his soul

Ok, look, I know this is a serious thread and all. So I must say, R.I.P. Dick, you will be missed. A sad day for the Giants' family.

But I just can't let this one go! So, here goes....

I had my suspicions about you, UK-Giantsfan.

That is all. :unsure::ph34r:

Ok, look, I know this is a serious thread and all. So I must say, R.I.P. Dick, you will be missed. A sad day for the Giants' family.

I almost couldnt let that one go either. :P

As soon as I saw that post..I said to myself ..two posts minimum before someones goes...what the fuck?

C. wagon