SportsWrath

Anybody Else Feel The Giants Championship Wasn't As Fun As It Should Have Been?

nosebleedjints

The question is not aimed at us, Giants fans, but to the sports world in general.

And I agree. The media went mostly to the Patriots and what a disappointment they were not necessarily how amazing the Giants defense was. Then the game was swept quickly and neatly under the rug to wait for another preseason of the Giants "sucking."

I hope they suck as badly as they did last year.

I hope they are much more dominating. The super bowl run was the most thrilling time of my life (thats kinda sad) but I don't think I could take another super bowl championship won by an INT in over time, or on the last drive in the redzone, or by a one handed one headed catch after the imaculate escape.

I mean, if thats the way it comes down, I'll take it. :) , but personally I'm hoping for more 20 point win margins this year.

The question is not aimed at us, Giants fans, but to the sports world in general.

And I agree. The media went mostly to the Patriots and what a disappointment they were not necessarily how amazing the Giants defense was. Then the game was swept quickly and neatly under the rug to wait for another preseason of the Giants "sucking."

I hope they suck as badly as they did last year.

No, the question was aimed at Giants fans, Jimmy refuses to post in the Giants section.

That said, Nem you should move this.

I had a ton of fun during this unforseen run and I think anyone who went to the parade/rally at Giants

Stadium would say the same thing. That was one of the best days of my life and I was there for the ride.

It was awesome and it's something that I will always cherish.

To tell you the truth even though 21 was our first SuperBowl; I still enjoyed 25 and our recent SuperBowl win more than I ever enjoyed 21. Why? Because we were expected to kick ass and take names that year. Anything less than a Championship in 85-86 would have been considered a failure

To tell you the truth even though 21 was our first SuperBowl; I still enjoyed 21 and our recent SuperBowl win more than I ever enjoyed 21. Why? Because we were expected to kick ass and take names that year. Anything less than a Championship in 85-86 would have been considered a failure

Well considering that I wasn't alive in '86 and was only 2 in '90 I'd have to say this was my

favorite team. In my 19 (almost 20) years on earth I've only seen a total of 2 championships

by my favorite teams and one I was too young to remember. Fucking Mets.

Worst thread ever....

To even care as a Giant fan about the a)Jets, b) what anyone else feels about the Giant and c)the fact the championship came from nowhere is assinine.

Not only was the championship great, it was as satisfying as a fan can get, especially a diehard Giant fan. Consder these sidenotes to this championship..

1)Strahan finnally got a ring and stamped a terrific career

2)Eli won and won the MVP, completely erasing any doubts about the trade, so much so in fact it was the first off season no one talked about Ben Roethlisberger or Shawn Merriman around these parts

3)We knocked off the favorite Cowboys, in their stadium with their douche bad owner on the sidelines, making them the first #1 seed in the NFC to EVER lose in the divisional round/

4)won a game for the ages and beat the immortal Brett Favre, whom apparently bothers some Giant fans that he got stuck(cause that is what it is and not what he wanted)playing for the Jets(a team that might actually be#3 in NY behind the Giants and whoever they are playing that week)

5)Beat an 18-0 team, denying an undefeated season and playing what some feel was the best SB game ever and one of the greatest upsets ever.

Some side notes the Giants also:

1)rendered Tiki Barber and his mouth irrelevant

2)proved that a TEAM built from within is better off than any big name bunch

3)allowed Tom Coughlin to stamp himself as one of the better coaches in the game

4)groomed an up and coming big time coach in SPAGS.

If all this and countless other great things that happened in 2007 just did not do it for you, or make you feel all warm and fuzzy I suggest you go watch some tape of the last game in 2002 and the entire 2003 season. <_<

Worst thread ever....

To even care as a Giant fan about the a)Jets, b) what anyone else feels about the Giant and c)the fact the championship came from nowhere is assinine.

Not only was the championship great, it was as satisfying as a fan can get, especially a diehard Giant fan. Consder these sidenotes to this championship..

2)Eli won and won the MVP, completely erasing any doubts about the trade, so much so in fact it was the first off season no one talked about Ben Roethlisberger or Shawn Merriman around these parts

3)We knocked off the favorite Cowboys, in their stadium with their douche bad owner on the sidelines, making them the first #1 seed in the NFC to EVER lose in the divisional round/

4)won a game for the ages and beat the immortal Brett Favre, whom apparently bothers some Giant fans that he got stuck(cause that is what it is and not what he wanted)playing for the Jets(a team that might actually be#3 in NY behind the Giants and whoever they are playing that week)

5)Beat an 18-0 team, denying an undefeated season and playing what some feel was the best SB game ever and one of the greatest upsets ever.

3)allowed Tom Coughlin to stamp himself as one of the better coaches in the game

If all this and countless other great things that happened in 2007 just did not do it for you, or make you feel all warm and fuzzy I suggest you go watch some tape of the last game in 2002 and the entire 2003 season. <_<

Well said.

Worst thread ever....

God DAMN did you hit the nail on the head!

I'm a Yankees fan and this Giants SB victory was by far more satisfying then witnessing the Yankees winning in their Dynasty years. That's how supremely awesome it was.

I loved watching Eli transform in the later part of the season and each playoff victory was as equally satisfying as the next. If the Giants were expected to win them, as the Yankees were, I think it would have cheapened the thrill of seeing the Giants knock off 3 of the top favored teams. Not only that but end another team's perfect season that I had to hear about ad nauseum. It doesn't get any better.

I didn't expect the media to throw a party. Especially ESPN whose headquarters are smack dab in Patriot territory. They were all hoping for the patriots win because that was the bigger story and we played the spoilers. People don't like it when their party is spoiled....especially people who stand to make a lot of money off that party. The players and organization loved it, I loved it and so did all the other people who love the Giants and/or hate the Patriots....that's all that matters.

That was an amazing superbowl run. I liked the underdog status and the fact that we effed up that Patriots shitwagon. I havent had that much fun in sports in a long time. Dominance is boring for a long season. It's the striving, the competition, the digging into your inner self and beating people just as good as you are, the fearlesssness to compete without an advantage...the getting of it all.

I wore my Ron Dayne Jersey throught the playoffs, 'twas a good luck charm.

Plus I got to see TO break down and cry-hi. Speaking of which, what ever happened to that nasty little cunt Rotten Egg?

That was an amazing superbowl run. I liked the underdog status and the fact that we effed up that Patriots shitwagon. I havent had that much fun in sports in a long time. Dominance is boring for a long season. It's the striving, the competition, the digging into your inner self and beating people just as good as you are, the fearlesssness to compete without an advantage...the getting of it all.

Plus I got to see TO break down and cry-hi. Speaking of which, what ever happened to that nasty little cunt Rotten Egg?

White or Blue?

I'm not really sure what you were expecting. We had an amazing post-season, chock full of players stepping up, one of the greatest SuperBowls ever played, and a win that will be remembered for decades.

If anything, I'm glad the win is being downplayed. It will keep our team hungry. Let them think they still have something to prove.

The Jets can have the back pages in preseason.

I agree with you, all the players say we like being under the radar. It gives them motivation we looked highly pissed off against cleveland and that was a preseason game against a nobody team, Imagine when we play the division rivals in the regular season

[/b]?

Your an ass i wore my Ron Dayne jersey during SBXXXV, and it wasn't lucky just j/k i don't know if your an ass or not but my Ron Dayne jersey soon went in the garbage after SBXXXV

Your an ass i wore my Ron Dayne jersey during SBXXXV, and it wasn't lucky just j/k i don't know if your an ass or not but my Ron Dayne jersey soon went in the garbage after SBXXXV

My offical rank is "Asshole" which i worked hard to attain. I am happy at this level both because I enjoy it and because I am so much nastier and together than "Douchebag".

I am very unlucky with jerseys. I have an authentic Barber one which i guess I need to remove the nameplate off of before I get tackled in my gym parking lot.