SportsWrath

Osi not feeling the love???

hlb37

what the hell is this all about:

Osi: 'I'm Alex Rodriguez'

by ETVal on Jul 1, 2008 7:27 AM EDT in News

It seems that maybe we have another New York Giant star angling for a broadcasting career.

I was shocked to turn my radio to ESPN this morning and find Osi Umenyiora subbing as a co-host -- that's right, co-host, not guest -- on 'Mike and Mike in the Morning.'

In the little that I heard, Osi was actually quite good.

He did say one thing that got my attention. Asked about Derek Jeter's standing in New York he compared him to Michael Strahan, a winner and "very beloved."

As for himself, he said "I'm Alex Rodriguez. All the talent, but no love."

Really? I was surprised to hear Osi express that sentiment. Do we not love No. 72? Is he really A-Rod, forever second in our hearts no matter what he does on the field?

Strahan = Jeter

Osi = Arod

Makes sense. But Arod gets TONS of love. I have been to two ball games this year, last nights and Jobas first start, and whenever Arod came up to bat the stadium erupted just as much as it did for Jeter...well many not AS much but he easily gets the #2 amount of love.

He followed that up by saying he doesn't have bobble heads or fat heads, so he's not a commercial giant as one of the Giants.

I think he'll be coming into his own now that he's out from under. Osi's beloved and now he's going to be the man. Thankfully he has some charisma and perhaps that's going to translate into leadership that we seem to almost singularly get from AP.

Osi isn't Arod, Osi was just over shaddowed by Strahan, to be expected. Arod, at times, can be the most hated man in New York.

Osi will just become more admired by Giants fans....it just takes time. Fans will love Strahan more and more as time goes on, especially since he won a SB.

Speaking as a Yankees fan, Jeter is "homegrown" talent, and A-Rod is a free-agent. Jeter was directly responsible for the latest dynasty, whereas the Yankees haven't won the World Series since A-Rod signed. Once the Yanks win it again (and of course, that goes without saying :P ), everyone will have warm fuzzies for A-Rod.

probably just a not so subtle hint about his contract situation

What's wrong with his contract?

What these players need to realize is they're stars partly or mainly because of other stars on the team. Individually.. or with another team, they probably won't be the studs they are now.

What's wrong with his contract?

What these players need to realize is they're stars partly or mainly because of other stars on the team. Individually.. or with another team, they probably won't be the studs they are now.

he's not happy with it

he's not happy with it

The way I see it, they should live with what they agreed to sign the dotted line for... it's not like they're getting paid an average Joe salary.. so this whole bullshit about "taking care of my family" needs to be laughed at.

The way I see it, they should live with what they agreed to sign the dotted line for... it's not like they're getting paid an average Joe salary.. so this whole bullshit about "taking care of my family" needs to be laughed at.

well to be fair, the contracts aren't guarenteed and the team has the unilateral power to terminate the contracts whenever they want. so it's tough to fault these guys for trying to get as much as they can while they have the talent to demand it.

that said, it's kind of a moot point anyway. the dude's not happy with his contract but as of now he's not making too much noise about it, not holding out, etc. if he wants to drop little hints like this im fine with it--he's handling it better than plax at least

well to be fair, the contracts aren't guarenteed and the team has the unilateral power to terminate the contracts whenever they want. so it's tough to fault these guys for trying to get as much as they can while they have the talent to demand it.

that said, it's kind of a moot point anyway. the dude's not happy with his contract but as of now he's not making too much noise about it, not holding out, etc. if he wants to drop little hints like this im fine with it--he's handling it better than plax at least

The way I see it, if they continue to live up to what they signed for, then the money will always be there.. when was the last time you saw a team cut a player when he's playing well? If he's not happy with his contract, then he ought to honor it then look for something better.

Man he's not feeling loved, what about us fans?

First off they didn't win a single regular season home game last year and now they're gonna hit us for seat licenses to watch them lose at home!

I understand looking for a big pay bay while you can, but then don't sign a fucking 6 years deal and then bitch 3 years into it. Sign a 3 year deal and play that out.

Exactly :TU:

Which is why Plaxico looks like an idiot right about now.