SportsWrath

Kevin Boss is up to 272 lbs. this offseason

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

From rotoworld.com:

Kevin Boss gained 20 pounds during the offseason and is up to 6'6/272.

The Giants want Boss to be better in the run game, but as with all major weight gains, the added pounds threaten to cost him some speed. His role this year is still likely to be as a situational pass catcher off the bench.

From rotoworld.com:

The Giants want Boss to be better in the run game, but as with all major weight gains, the added pounds threaten to cost him some speed. His role this year is still likely to be as a situational pass catcher off the bench.

Boss - my favorite tight end.

(waiting for Nemesis to read this).

From rotoworld.com:

Nice. The better the blocker he becomes, the more he gets on the field, especially with our ground game. I could care less if he loses a little speed. priority #1 is blocking, which the gained muscle will help with, and then receiving 2nd. As long as the added weight doesn't make his brain cells implode and take away his actual catching ability, any loss of speed is meaningless.

I remember from reading training camp reports last summer that he looked a bit small. Later on during the season it was reported that he gained 15-20lbs of muscle and he looked bigger than he did during the summer. Now he's gained another 20? Wow.

That's bordering on too heavy for that role to be an effective receiver. I like Boss and he didn't seem to have problems at last season's weight.

I'm gonna need to see him not gain anymore weight unless he built up to build down a bit for the season.

My question is whether the 20 new pounds is extra muscle or just the result of 3 months off and eating doritos and drinking beer. If it's muscle, that's a good thing and 20 lbs on a guy that tall is nice. If it's fat.....he's going to have to work his ass off just to get back into shape. Hopefully, he's been working out like a madman and eating lots of protein and developed extra muscle.

Like Bleedin' said... that almost sounds dangerous.

He could have either:

1. Gained the weight in an unhealthy manner.

2. Gained so much weight that his connective tissues can't keep up with his bulk and he gets injured.

3. Used roids.

I'm all for gaining muscle (look at the beast Tuck is now compared to as a rookie), but I just keep my fingers crossed it's the right kinda muscle.

He could have either:

2. Gained so much weight that his connective tissues can't keep up with his bulk and he gets injured.

3. Used roids.

I'm all for gaining muscle (look at the beast Tuck is now compared to as a rookie), but I just keep my fingers crossed it's the right kinda muscle.

Is that like a never ending box of kleenex? :huh:

He could have either:

3. Used roids.

I think your looking into it too much. TC said after we drafted him he expected for him to gain weight naturally as he got older and Boss mustve been really committed for that.

http://www.giants.com/player/?file_300=htt...swmext%3D%2Easx

This is from last month, he talks about the weight gain from last year that I mentioned earlier among other things. Sounds like he's been working out a lot in the offseason and I get the impression his recent weight gain isn't the result of inhaling ho-ho's hehe. :)

I think the "article" would have said that he put on fat if it was true he was just being a slob instead of actually working out...still, the guy's getting paid to be an athletic machine, there's no way he would just gain weight for the hell of it and ruin his chances of NFL success...

Boss is very tall even for a tight end, so an extra 20 pounds is no big deal. They lose a ton of weight each training camp and anywhere up to 10 pounds per game.

Nice game last night Boo !

johnterry.jpg

Apparently John Terry has launched his own new brand of vodka ''bottled in Moscow'' !

Nice game last night Boo !

johnterry.jpg

Apparently John Terry has launched his own new brand of vodka ''bottled in Moscow'' !

UK, I couldn't believe that. I mean Van Der sar had gone so far the wrong way he was almost at the corner flag. terry could have tapped it in.

It was cool because I watched it with my 4 year old, who now loves United (home and away kit, can you believe this shit, when I was a kid I had a school bag and pencil case....still do). Every time they scored a penalty, we would hug. Of course, I nearly lost it when Ronaldo missed. But Van der Sar had saved 3 penos in the Charity Shield, so I kept saying, he's got a save in him, and he had gotten his hands on 2 early on.

But I hate they way we won it. Especially since I thought we should have had 3 in the first. Chelsea played much better the second half and we were unlucky they hit the post twice. Rooney was at sea and Ferdinand looked real shaky back there. Vidic is a monster. Can you believe that skirmish over Tevez kicking the ball out, which was clearly in retaliation for Chelsea doing it earlier. Drogba is a dick, a good striker , but he's a dick and no doubt Mourinho has him on speed dial, he's gone.

I think overall we're the better team this year, I just wish we had been a tad more emphatic about it. But what does it says about English football. If you think about it, was there a team out there better than United/Chelsea/ Arsenal/ Liverpool. I say no. English teams knocked out English teams in the CL.

the tension must have been unbearable for you !

i agree that Utd should have been 3-1 up at half time ......but you lost shape in the 2nd half and the woodwork saved you. Fergie was clearly very relieved to get to extra time where adjustments were made....and when the idiot Drogba got himself sent off i knew you would win on penalties. ( Ronaldo hasnt got over that miss against Barcelona yet )

Rooney has gone backwards this year ......where was he last night ....lost !

Man U deserved it ......especially 50 years after Munich ( and Giggs breaking Bobby Charlton's record for appearences ) .....you were the best team this season ...i have to admit !