SportsWrath

Kevin Boss is up to 272 lbs. this offseason

Guest StrahansGap

the tension must have been unbearable for you !

i agree that Utd should have been 3-1 up at half time ......but you lost shape in the 2nd half and the woodwork saved you. Fergie was clearly very relieved to get to extra time where adjustments were made....and when the idiot Drogba got himself sent off i knew you would win on penalties. ( Ronaldo hasnt got over that miss against Barcelona yet )

Rooney has gone backwards this year ......where was he last night ....lost !

Man U deserved it ......especially 50 years after Munich ( and Giggs breaking Bobby Charlton's record for appearences ) .....you were the best team this season ...i have to admit !

Losing shape is the exact way to put it. How else do you explain such a turnaround. in the first 30 minutes Chelseas were on their heels.

Honestly, if there was ever a situation that highlighted the need for another striker, it was last night. Saha would have been a good option for us and he's not on the bench (he's gone) Where I think Rooney has lost some uumph on his striking, his overall play this year has been better.But yah, he has no excuse for last night, he was poor. I absolutely love Tevez, you couldn't ask for a better teammate. And how the fuck does Park not even make the bench, but Silvestre does??.

What's kinda sad here for me is that Giggs/ Scholes and Gary Neville are clearly on the downside (says something for Scholes). But it's true. That toe poke from Giggs had no conviction on it, he's looking very old so suddenly.

Boss - my favorite tight end.

(waiting for Nemesis to read this).

Kevin Boss - Pro Bowl 2008

Haha, nice try. You forget I'm an adult and I'm not so easily lured in to these silly adolcent discussions. :rolleyes:

[From Giants 101 MVN]

Boss Bulks Up

By Rich O'Callaghan | May 27th, 2008

At this point last year Giants tight end Kevin Boss was a relatively unknown fifth round pick from Western Oregon. He weighed 252lbs and was making a tough transition from a small school on the west coast to professional football in New York City. A year later Boss has started two regular season and four post season games. He has nine catches for 118 yards and two touchdowns in the regular season, and added five catches for 90 yards and a Super Bowl ring in the postseason. Boss has added 20lbs of muscle since the end of last season, and is up to 272lbs. There are several reasons that this is great news for the Giants.

• Boss will be more effective as a blocker with more bulk on his frame. He is a big enough guy at 6′7 to carry this weight and more, and the added strength will help Boss become a better blocker in the running game.
  • This will lead to more flexibility on offense. At this point last year, how many Giants did you feel confident in on the offensive side of the ball as compared to now? Last year we knew Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer and Jeremy Shockey were sure things on offense, and that was it. Now Burress, Toomer, Steve Smith, David Tyree, Shockey, Kevin Boss, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw and Eli Manning have all produced on the field now and have proven they can contribute to a successful, dangerous offense. Add unproven receivers Mario Manningham and Sinorice Moss into this mix, and the Giants have a ton of offensive firepower. If Boss continues to improve as a blocker, it gives the Giants many new looks. Shockey and Boss in two tight end sets, Shockey in the slot or wide with Boss tight, Shockey at H-Back with Boss tight, Shockey tight with Boss split out. These are just a few looks that the Giants will likely incorporate to spread the ball around on offense.
  • This will keep Jeremy Shockey happy. We all know Shockey is not happy with his role in the offense, because he is asked to block too often. Although blocking is on the NFL tight end job description, Shockey just wants the ball in his hands. If Boss continues to improve as a blocker, it will allow Shockey to be used as more of a playmaker. Boss’s improvement also gives the Giants leverage in any future negotiations with Shockey.

LMAO, wow we're checking player's weight nowadays and wondering if its twinkees and beer or red meat and protein shakes. :clap:

We've had an offensive linemen come in at over 300 pounds that couldn't block the doorway to a subway car. Only way we're gonna know if Boss has improved is a damn good long hard look at him in the preseason. Not concerned about him losing speed either, David Boston was running around the field at 240 and a 4.50 40 time.

I'm just not going to comment on that one post mentioning Boss as the top 3 TE's that have played for the NY Giants. :LMAO:

My question is whether the 20 new pounds is extra muscle or just the result of 3 months off and eating doritos and drinking beer. If it's muscle, that's a good thing and 20 lbs on a guy that tall is nice. If it's fat.....he's going to have to work his ass off just to get back into shape. Hopefully, he's been working out like a madman and eating lots of protein and developed extra muscle.

Boss Bulks Up

By Rich O'Callaghan | May 27th, 2008

E-mail | Print | Share

At this point last year Giants tight end Kevin Boss was a relatively unknown fifth round pick from Western Oregon. He weighed 252lbs and was making a tough transition from a small school on the west coast to professional football in New York City. A year later Boss has started two regular season and four post season games. He has nine catches for 118 yards and two touchdowns in the regular season, and added five catches for 90 yards and a Super Bowl ring in the postseason. Boss has added 20lbs of muscle since the end of last season, and is up to 272lbs. There are several reasons that this is great news for the Giants.

• Boss will be more effective as a blocker with more bulk on his frame. He is a big enough guy at 6′7 to carry this weight and more, and the added strength will help Boss become a better blocker in the running game.
  • This will lead to more flexibility on offense. At this point last year, how many Giants did you feel confident in on the offensive side of the ball as compared to now? Last year we knew Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer and Jeremy Shockey were sure things on offense, and that was it. Now Burress, Toomer, Steve Smith, David Tyree, Shockey, Kevin Boss, Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw and Eli Manning have all produced on the field now and have proven they can contribute to a successful, dangerous offense. Add unproven receivers Mario Manningham and Sinorice Moss into this mix, and the Giants have a ton of offensive firepower. If Boss continues to improve as a blocker, it gives the Giants many new looks. Shockey and Boss in two tight end sets, Shockey in the slot or wide with Boss tight, Shockey at H-Back with Boss tight, Shockey tight with Boss split out. These are just a few looks that the Giants will likely incorporate to spread the ball around on offense.
  • This will keep Jeremy Shockey happy. We all know Shockey is not happy with his role in the offense, because he is asked to block too often. Although blocking is on the NFL tight end job description, Shockey just wants the ball in his hands. If Boss continues to improve as a blocker, it will allow Shockey to be used as more of a playmaker. Boss’s improvement also gives the Giants leverage in any future negotiations with Shockey.