SportsWrath

Shockey to be traded?

Firstnten

Shockey Traded after June 1st?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will Shcokey be traded after June 1st?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes get the selfish asshole outa here
    • No hey jack ass shockey is too important
    • Yes we need him to rewrite the playbook
    • No what would I do with my pink Shockey jersey

Meh.

Jeremy Shockey emerged from his offseason of innuendo and speculation Saturday, offering only a handful of remarks that seem to indicate that he is irked by the organization.

"Unlike the Giants, I'm going to be quiet," he said at Flushing Meadows Corona Park while participating in the Powerade Pro Challenge. "They've released multiple things about myself and if you look back into the media, there's always a source. Well, I'd like to know who this source is and we'll go over here and we'll deal with it ourselves, because I haven't said one negative thing toward the Giants in the newspapers."

No, Shockey hasn't been quoted in a newspaper for a long time, not since before the Super Bowl XLII victory and playoff run he was forced to watch from the sideline after fracturing his fibula in Week 14. But his name has certainly been seen in print, mostly in reference to the possibility of the Giants trading him. Talks between the Giants and Saints on that swap continued up until the NFL draft in April.

Saturday, Shockey hinted that he might be so peeved as to skip the team's mandatory minicamp this week. Those sessions begin Wednesday.

"Obviously. I'm not 100 percent and if I do show to minicamp, it's going to be, I wouldn't imagine me doing much, just getting treatment on my leg," he said.

Shockey seemed to enjoy playful answers about his potential presence at the minicamp. Asked if he planned to be in the New York area for a few more days, he said: "Who knows? You know me, I might go back to see my mother in Texas. I have no idea."

As he rolled away from the event in a black SUV, a reporter casually said, "See you on Wednesday." Shockey went so far as to roll down the power window to reply: "Maybe so; maybe not."

For Shockey, this entire offseason has been more of an "if' season.

Shockey wasn't the only Giant at the event. Linebacker Antonio Pierce was on hand, and on his hand was a Super Bowl ring (Shockey was not wearing his; like Shockey, Pierce had skipped the ring ceremony). Pierce didn't provide any "ifs" about his plans to show up for the minicamp. That drama solved, questions rolled round to Shockey.

"What he wants to do and what the organization wants, you have to ask them that question," Pierce said. "But Antonio Pierce wants Jeremy Shockey here. They'd be fools to get rid of him."

Shockey seemed to think the same. "Why wouldn't they want me?" he asked, pointing out that he's never been arrested or caused the organization other headaches. He tried to smooth things over by saying he had spoken with owner Steve Tisch earlier in the day. He didn't say what the conversation entailed.

"Whatever happens between the upper management, the lower management, the owners, any management, is going to keep between ourselves," he said. He also said that reporters would have a chance to "interrogate" him a little more "if I make it to minicamp."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/gia...0,4884472.story

So does this prove Shockey gave the team an ultimatum? Or is that still a rumor started by a bored sports writer?

NFL network just reported that Shockey was a little upset that the Giants Org wanted to trade him. Shockey texted one of the Tisch's...saying something like he's a father figure to him and Tisch is only one there he trusts. Shockey also stated that he'll live up to his contract and report to training.

P.S. the NY POST reports that the Giants Org did NOT want Shockey on the sidelines during the Superbowl. They rather he stay in a skybox.

NFL network just reported that Shockey was a little upset that the Giants Org wanted to trade him. Shockey texted one of the Tisch's...saying something like he's a father figure to him and Tisch is only one there he trusts. Shockey also stated that he'll live up to his contract and report to training.

P.S. the NY POST reports that the Giants Org did NOT want Shockey on the sidelines during the Superbowl. They rather he stay in a skybox.

If thats true i take back all the negative comments I have made about him.

If thats true i take back all the negative comments I have made about him.

I think it's a mixture of both the Giants Org not really thinking they need Shockey (the "chemistry thing") and Shockey's side of the story where he wants to be the TE that gets all of the plays.

I'm hoping he wants to play hard for the Giants and put this stuff in the past.

I think it's a mixture of both the Giants Org not really thinking they need Shockey (the "chemistry thing") and Shockey's side of the story where he wants to be the TE that gets all of the plays.

I'm hoping he wants to play hard for the Giants and put this stuff in the past.

i agree, but i also think Shockey did exactly what has been reported. In the article it said Shockey told them he was pissed because the team released private conversations info. not that they were shopping him or spreading rumors, but that stuff he said had been leaked.

They quoted Shockey as saying that. It has not been confirmed by the Giants.

If Shockey is so pissed at the "source" in the organization, he should be equally pissed at the "source" within his own entourage that kept putting out stories saying that he wanted to leave.

There's no "Unlike the Giants" anything. His camp had no problem putting the news out there that he was unhappy and wanted to be traded.

I'm glad I don't own a Shockey jersey.

If Shockey is so pissed at the "source" in the organization, he should be equally pissed at the "source" within his own entourage that kept putting out stories saying that he wanted to leave.

If you read the story or saw the interview you'd know Shockey basically said your source is full of shit. He said he was upset about the trade rumors and the fact that no one from the Orginazation called him to see how he was doing after his surgeory.

"Unlike the Giants, I'm going to be quiet,"

What a fucking joke! This coming from the asshole who pouts nonstop in the huddle and on the sidelines cause he can't remember his routes or hang on to the ball when it's thrown his way. Let him hold out if he has the guts, and stick him on the Did Not Report list.

If you read the story or saw the interview you'd know Shockey basically said your source is full of shit. He said he was upset about the trade rumors and the fact that no one from the Orginazation called him to see how he was doing after his surgeory.

Read Garafolo's article today. That blowhard Shockey has no credibility.

Daily News Article from today:

Jeremy Shockey does not sound like a happy camper. And the disgruntled tight end might not make it to the Giants' minicamp on Wednesday.

Making his first public comments since breaking his leg last December, a defensive Shockey pointed the finger at the Giants for all the offseason speculation about his future and reported unhappiness. And, perhaps indicating a rift with the only pro team he has ever played for, Shockey left the question of whether he would attend the mandatory minicamp up in the air.

"The statement I would like to make about the Giants and the speculation in the offseason is that whatever happens between the upper management, lower management, the owners, any management, is going to (stay) between ourselves," the six-year veteran said yesterday at a promotional appearance at Flushing Meadows Corona Park. "Unlike the Giants, I am going to be quiet. They have released multiple things about myself, and if you look back into the media (reports), there is always a source. Well, I would like to know who the source is.

"I haven't said one negative thing towards the Giants in the newspapers," he added. "I have never expressed the feelings of the things that you guys (the media) made up. You guys will be able to talk to me (more) if I make it to minicamp."

Ownership, management and coaches have repeatedly said that the Giants want to keep the 27-year-old Shockey, who was a no-show at the team's Super Bowl parade, its visit to the White House and last month's championship-ring ceremony.

Still, the team has listened to offers for the emotional tight end and turned down one from the Saints that would have given the Giants a second-round pick this year and a fifth-rounder next year.

Shockey has told friends that he is unhappy with his role, his contract and the notion that the Giants were better without him after he broke his leg in Week 15 because Eli Manning didn't have the burden of having to pass the ball to Shockey to keep him happy.

Yesterday, Shockey, who was rarely seen around the team during its Super Bowl run, seemed to be irritated with the idea that he is a disruption.

When told by one reporter that the team has repeatedly said it wants him back, the tight end shot back, "Why wouldn't they want me? Of course they want me. I just spoke to the owner an hour ago."

Shockey, who just finished the first season of a five-year, $26.3 million extension, didn't say which co-owner he spoke with - John Mara or Steve Tisch. However, he twice made it clear that the Giants should want him back at least in part because he is not a troublemaker who has had numerous run-ins with the law, perhaps counteracting the perception that he is a negative influence.

"I want him here," said linebacker Antonio Pierce, who sported his gaudy Super Bowl ring at the event in Flushing. "What he wants to do and what the organization wants, you have to ask them that question. Antonio Pierce wants Jeremy Shockey."

But does Shockey still want to remain with the Giants? When asked if he is going to stay in town for a bit, Shockey replied, "Who knows? I might go to see my mother in Texas. I have no idea.

"I feel like I am getting better," Shockey said, referring to his broken leg. "Obviously I am not 100%. And if I do show up to minicamp, it's going to be ... I wouldn't imagine me doing much, just getting treatment on my leg. This is the only statement I am going to make. Like I said, it's going to be between the Giants and myself. That is really about it."

Discuss.

I'd like to know why Jeremy showed up at a promotional appearance in Queens no less and can't show up for a parade/stadium rally/white house visit (might agree with him there) and a ring ceremony?. Is there some sorta resort out there in Corona that I'm not aware of?.

I don't care who told Jeremy to stay in a fucking box at the superbowl, none of that makes any sense. There were other Giants hurt, notably Kiwi, who were not only on the sidelines, but on the team bus to the stadium and stood on the sidelines. Why would the Giants tell him only to stay in a box?. I'm sure the Giants would have had no problem with him on the sidelines as he could have served as a mentor for Matthews and Boss, both of whom have said he's been great to them in their rookie year.

I'm tired of the stupidity of both sides here. The Giants did talk first, yep for all the good things that Jerry Reese has done at GM, one of his faults IMO is he talks too much to the media, or more like, he says too much. I still cringe at his remarks about Pettigout. Then on the flip side, Shockey not showing up at all these events spits in the face of all his teamates., most of them right now publically supporting him.

The media in this town is at an all time low in times of scuminess, The News and the Post are being giving away for free down here at 14th street being used as advertising supplements, and Newsday is possibly the worst rag ever circulated, so giving them all this nonsense to play with only means that Jeremy Shockey will go from being a bad teammate to eventually being the reason why gas prices are so high.

Shockey wasn't the only person who didn't show up at the white house, no point in bringing that up as a knock on him. Shockey showing up for a paid event instead of the voluntary free team event; not a surprise if any of you actually thought about things from his side.

BTW, once again; Shockey hasn't said a single word while all this talk has come from the unamed source and the media.

More than a few people on this board have come up with their own opinion based on one side of the story and now you hear his and he's full of it?

Read Garafolo's article today. That blowhard Shockey has no credibility.

Yeah, but "unnamed sources" do. Your the reason rumors fluxuate and become bigger than they are. To say we are better of without him silly. If his teamates were asked about him and they didnt really sway one way or the other Id say fine fuck him. But everyone wants him on the team and made that clear. Maybe the big dogs in the front office should do the same. I dont think he's asking for much. Just for them to back him up. Is that such a big deal? :confused:

I'd like to know why Jeremy showed up at a promotional appearance in Queens no less and can't show up for a parade/stadium rally/white house visit (might agree with him there) and a ring ceremony?. Is there some sorta resort out there in Corona that I'm not aware of?.

I don't care who told Jeremy to stay in a fucking box at the superbowl, none of that makes any sense. There were other Giants hurt, notably Kiwi, who were not only on the sidelines, but on the team bus to the stadium and stood on the sidelines. Why would the Giants tell him only to stay in a box?. I'm sure the Giants would have had no problem with him on the sidelines as he could have served as a mentor for Matthews and Boss, both of whom have said he's been great to them in their rookie year.

I'm tired of the stupidity of both sides here. The Giants did talk first, yep for all the good things that Jerry Reese has done at GM, one of his faults IMO is he talks too much to the media, or more like, he says too much. I still cringe at his remarks about Pettigout. Then on the flip side, Shockey not showing up at all these events spits in the face of all his teamates., most of them right now publically supporting him.

The media in this town is at an all time low in times of scuminess, The News and the Post are being giving away for free down here at 14th street being used as advertising supplements, and Newsday is possibly the worst rag ever circulated, so giving them all this nonsense to play with only means that Jeremy Shockey will go from being a bad teammate to eventually being the reason why gas prices are so high.

Disagree with the Newsday appellation there my friend...they are/were an award winning newspaper with higher editorial standards than the Los Angeles and New York Times. Only recently with the self inflicted money woes of the Tribune Company....that bled Newsday dry like a cash cow did the standards decline somewhat. But I would take their sports reporting over that of the Post or Daily News any day. Other than that you are point on. :P

Yeah, but "unnamed sources" do. Your the reason rumors fluxuate and become bigger than they are. To say we are better of without him silly. If his teamates were asked about him and they didnt really sway one way or the other Id say fine fuck him. But everyone wants him on the team and made that clear. Maybe the big dogs in the front office should do the same. I dont think he's asking for much. Just for them to back him up. Is that such a big deal? :confused:

Strahan literally just said "Shockey may feel like he needs a change of scenery".