SportsWrath

Strahan interview at Churchill Downs during the Kentucky Derby

BleedinBlue

Both T.O. and Michael Strahan are at the Kentucky Derby (race begins in a few minutes) and both were stopped for interviews. T.O. was alone without a date and all dressed up. He was decent enough and was carrying a bag of popcorn and telling the cameras to "get your popcorn ready". He said he didn't know anything about horses so he was betting his money on "Cowboy Cal" because the horse had the name "cowboy" in it (42-1 odds....duhhh). Billy Bush (the interviewer) busted his chops about not going to the superbowl and T.O. took it well. T.O. said he felt they had made some good improvements off season and were going to be a better team this year and hopefully get to the superbowl.

Fifteen minutes later, a dressed to the nines Strahan and his companion, Nicole Murphy was stopped on the red carpet. When Strahan was interviewed, he was his usual confident jovial self, big grins and hamming it up with the interviewer (Billy Bush....a huge Giants fan). After a few yuks, he was hit between the eyes with...."are you coming back to play this season?"...so of course I immediately turned the TV up. He said he hasn't made up his mind yet....just like last year. He said, "I wake up in the morning and sometimes I really want to play more football....but I also wake up some mornings and I feel like I don't want to play anymore football". Then he said, "I have to be honest, I wake up a lot more mornings not wanting to play anymore football than I do wanting to play". Billy Bush told him that he and the Giants fans deserved to have him come back and play one more season. Bush practically pleaded with him to come back which drew a huge grin out of Strahan.

It was a good interview.

Who knows.....he'll probably be back simply because he doesn't have another job lined up (ala Tiki) and it's a lot of money to pass up when you got nothing else coming in. I hope he does anyway!

If he was going to retire, he would have done it already. He will be back but using the same tactics as last year. We will see him back at the end of camp.

I don't blame him. Those two-a-days are a bitch. I think he will be back because he's really enjoying himself out there. He's by far the fan favorite and after winning the SB, why not try to repeat?

I don't blame him. Those two-a-days are a bitch. I think he will be back because he's really enjoying himself out there. He's by far the fan favorite and after winning the SB, why not try to repeat?

Giants won't have him practice twice a day, you can pretty much guarantee that..

especially after last year.

"I have to be honest, I wake up a lot more mornings not wanting to play anymore football than I do wanting to play".

For this statement alone, if I were the Giants, I would make sure he comes back on the team's terms, or not at all. It's been a nice run, capped off with the biggest victory in franchise history. But Strahan doesn't have nearly the incentive to come back strong this year that he did last year. He was coming off a very expensive divorce, and didn't stand to make nearly as much as an analyst as he would now. Now, he's won a Super Bowl, he's in a little better position financially, and there'd be a bidding war among the networks for his services. He still stands to make more money on the field, so he'd prefer to cash in one last time. But he knows this would probably be his last year regardless, so there's really no incentive to put up big numbers once his name has been signed on the dotted line.