SportsWrath

Remember when?

Sephiroth

Four years ago, we really wanted Jerome McDougle, but the Eagles jumped ahead of us... and we had to settle for some guy named Osi Umenyiora in round 2.

You may also remember that year, there were four "blue-chip" prospects coming out of college at DT: Ty Warren, Johnathan Sullivan, Dewayne Robertson, and Willy-Joe. Well, four years later, Robertson just got traded (when the Jets paired thier two first-rounders to get him in the first place) and I'm not even sure if Sullivan is even still in football for the 'Aints. Of the four, only Warren has had any real NFL success, and that's been as an end in a 3-4 defense... and with zero Pro Bowls.

We also ended up with David Diehl and David Tyree that year, two guys who came through big for us this year.

So the moral of the story? Sometimes those draft day disappontments are blessings in disguise. GO GIANTS!

remember when we only had 4 picks in 2005 and no first round pick.

i was really disappointed that day with

2. 43 DB Webster, Corey Louisiana State

3. 74 DE Tuck, Justin Notre Dame

4. 110 RB Jacobs, Brandon Coffeyville CC KS; Auburn; Southern Illinois

not any more !

not any more !

Seems that we have had solid draft day selections as of late. :o

not any more !

OMG, what an embarrassment. Esp. that Tuck guy. WTF has he done??!

:P

Four years ago, we really wanted Jerome McDougle, but the Eagles jumped ahead of us... and we had to settle for some guy named Osi Umenyiora in round 2.

You may also remember that year, there were four "blue-chip" prospects coming out of college at DT: Ty Warren, Johnathan Sullivan, Dewayne Robertson, and Willy-Joe. Well, four years later, Robertson just got traded (when the Jets paired thier two first-rounders to get him in the first place) and I'm not even sure if Sullivan is even still in football for the 'Aints. Of the four, only Warren has had any real NFL success, and that's been as an end in a 3-4 defense... and with zero Pro Bowls.

We also ended up with David Diehl and David Tyree that year, two guys who came through big for us this year.

So the moral of the story? Sometimes those draft day disappontments are blessings in disguise. GO GIANTS!

Man....I remember that like it was yesterday. I was sooooo happy that William Joseph fell to us (I think we got like the 17th pick that year or something) and soooooo angry when the Giants picked Osi in the 2nd. I went out of the room screaming, "who the hell is this Ohzi Yumengrua guy????? I remember that there was a highly rated DE that was supposed to go in the first round, but he had fallen right into our laps. Then the guy went undrafted and was picked up by some team out west and then never made the team and is out of football. I remember well, Mel Kiper ridiculing our pick of Osi and laughing that we passed on the other guy whose name eludes me right now. Shows I was no smarter than Kiper....who happens to be a complete moron when it comes to who's good for what team.

Man....I remember that like it was yesterday. I was sooooo happy that William Joseph fell to us (I think we got like the 17th pick that year or something) and soooooo angry when the Giants picked Osi in the 2nd. I went out of the room screaming, "who the hell is this Ohzi Yumengrua guy????? I remember that there was a highly rated DE that was supposed to go in the first round, but he had fallen right into our laps. Then the guy went undrafted and was picked up by some team out west and then never made the team and is out of football. I remember well, Mel Kiper ridiculing our pick of Osi and laughing that we passed on the other guy whose name eludes me right now. Shows I was no smarter than Kiper....who happens to be a complete moron when it comes to who's good for what team.

Oh no, no, no my friend. Kiper isnt as smart as one of your ass hairs. <_<

Ha Joseph come out in 2002 he woud have been a top 10 pick. He struggled his senior year. Taking Osi was deemed a reach at that point, but the director of scouting a man named Jerry Reese felt he had enormous upside.

I am so happy we have a Gm who's root as an NFL guy are in scouting, not lets say for example salary capenomics like Tannebaum with the Jets.