SportsWrath

Does Eli seem like a new man?

Lubeck

Eli no longer has that "deer in the headlites" look when a camera is thrust in his face. Plus, he seems much more comfortable talking to the camera compared to a year ago.

He is maturing and becoming the man we all hoped he would become. :TU:

Well I think before he was living in the shadow of his brother, I mean one of the best QB's to play the game and also coming off a Super Bowl MVP. Plus he is playing in one of the harshest media environments in NY, alway scrutinizing his every pass. He's no longer in any sort of shadow he showed the world that he can be a good QB, infact a Super Bowl MVP caliber QB. He is no longer Eli the little brother of Super Bowl MVP Peyton Manning, he is Eli Manning Super Bowl MVP.

Yeah.

He Does. :TU:

...and honestly, who can blame him? Who's life in the world is better than Eli Manning's right now? He just won the Super Bowl. He was MVP. He just got married (to a really good looking gal, by the way). He's endeared himself for the rest of his life to a city of 10 million people, and shut guys like me up permanently.

Who's doing better than THAT?

I actually made an eerily similar post about this at the beginning of last season.

Yeah he had his ups and downs but he was clearly showing signs of maturity with the press and the team.

Yo sephiroth, do you remember this exchange between us?

I think you owe Eli a hummer. :LMAO:

LINK

I actually made an eerily similar post about this at the beginning of last season.

Yeah he had his ups and downs but he was clearly showing signs of maturity with the press and the team.

LINK

hahaha time to get on his knees. :LMAO:

If I were ELI Manning I would walk around with a tee shirt with a big huge middle finger on it. :rock:

I had some dillweed at work(Cowboy fan of course) tell me "Dilfer won a SB, so did Brad Johnson ELI did nothing to win that, he still sucks". After minutes of laughing in his face and crying saying "thats my quarterback, he's my teammate" I put his dumb ass right in place.

Here is what I told him "Well, (dickhead Cowboy fan)maybe you are correct, maybe it WAS the defense of Tuck and Stray and Osi and Spags that won the game, but the fact remains he took the field with a little over 2 minutes to play, facing an 18-0 team that just took the LEAD on that defense you say should get all the credit. He led his team 83 yards and scored the WINNING TD on a pass with less than 35 seconds on the clock. Huge feat in the Superbowl oh douchebag of Dallas? Consider that once, yes once that happened, where a QB led his team down the field, had to score the TD to win the game, that Qb's name, Joe Montasomething or other when he hit John Taylor with 23 seconds left in SB XXIII. Not to mention dickwad Boys fan, his team trailed 16-13, he had the security of a FG to tie, something Mr Manning did not. So in conclusion oh dickwads of Dallas, keep hanging your hats on comparing what he did to Dilfer and Johnson, I will compare it to what it mirrors, and thats Montana in 88-89".

Yeah.

...and honestly, who can blame him? Who's life in the world is better than Eli Manning's right now? He just won the Super Bowl. He was MVP. He just got married (to a really good looking gal, by the way). He's endeared himself for the rest of his life to a city of 10 million people, and shut guys like me up permanently.

Barrack Obama :TU:

Yeah.

I'm sorry but if Eli swoons in December worse than ever and winds up with more INTs than TDs and we miss the playoffs there'll be a lot of bitching in New York. Not from the logical fans, but it's not as if the concencus of NY is made of them anyway...

I doubt it will happen but if it does people will be right down his throat again.

I'm sorry but if Eli swoons in December worse than ever and winds up with more INTs than TDs and we miss the playoffs there'll be a lot of bitching in New York. Not from the logical fans, but it's not as if the concencus of NY is made of them anyway...

I doubt it will happen but if it does people will be right down his throat again.

Just had to fuck up my 'high'. <_<:P:rolleyes:

LINK

Actually... I JUST GOT my commemorative New York Giants Super Bowl Champions knee pads! :lol:

If I were ELI Manning I would walk around with a tee shirt with a big huge middle finger on it. :rock:

I had some dillweed at work(Cowboy fan of course) tell me "Dilfer won a SB, so did Brad Johnson ELI did nothing to win that, he still sucks". After minutes of laughing in his face and crying saying "thats my quarterback, he's my teammate" I put his dumb ass right in place.

Here is what I told him "Well, (dickhead Cowboy fan)maybe you are correct, maybe it WAS the defense of Tuck and Stray and Osi and Spags that won the game, but the fact remains he took the field with a little over 2 minutes to play, facing an 18-0 team that just took the LEAD on that defense you say should get all the credit. He led his team 83 yards and scored the WINNING TD on a pass with less than 35 seconds on the clock. Huge feat in the Superbowl oh douchebag of Dallas? Consider that once, yes once that happened, where a QB led his team down the field, had to score the TD to win the game, that Qb's name, Joe Montasomething or other when he hit John Taylor with 23 seconds left in SB XXIII. Not to mention dickwad Boys fan, his team trailed 16-13, he had the security of a FG to tie, something Mr Manning did not. So in conclusion oh dickwads of Dallas, keep hanging your hats on comparing what he did to Dilfer and Johnson, I will compare it to what it mirrors, and thats Montana in 88-89".

:clap:

Only a bitter hater could compare Eli's performance to that of Dilfer or Johnson.