SportsWrath

NY Giants Champions DVD

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Awesome video. Great shots and extra bonus footage. One player that stands out in my mind when you look at the entire season on video was Kawika Mitchell. It seemed like every game they showed on the DVD, Mitchell had a highlight. I think losing him to FA was bigger than anyone on this MB thinks. I like Gerris too but he made some stupid mistakes this year. If he doesn't correct them, the Mitchell loss will seem even greater.

Awesome video. Great shots and extra bonus footage. One player that stands out in my mind when you look at the entire season on video was Kawika Mitchell. It seemed like every game they showed on the DVD, Mitchell had a highlight. I think losing him to FA was bigger than anyone on this MB thinks. I like Gerris too but he made some stupid mistakes this year. If he doesn't correct them, the Mitchell loss will seem even greater.

I picked up on the same thing. After the Bills game Kawika was becoming one of my favorite players.

I think Wilkinson can hold the fort but for the money Kawika got I think we could've made some concessions and overpaid.

He did start slow but started to shine towards the end of the season. He maybe the one that got away.. but I'm sure we'll do just fine. This is the realty of free agency.

He did start slow but started to shine towards the end of the season. He maybe the one that got away.. but I'm sure we'll do just fine. This is the realty of free agency.

FA does suck..............Mitchell got his ring and now he just wants to be greedy.....I hope he sucks next season....but he won't care.....he got what he wanted.

FA does suck..............Mitchell got his ring and now he just wants to be greedy.....I hope he sucks next season....but he won't care.....he got what he wanted.

Actually earlier reports said he wanted to remain a Giant. Did we even tender him an offer?

I think he was a product of the system and the front office thought it wouldn't be that much of a loss to let him leave. I was more impressed with watching Tuck, the man does everything.

The question now is do the Giants bring in a veteran or develop young talent to replace Kawika?

Actually earlier reports said he wanted to remain a Giant. Did we even tender him an offer?

99% sure that we did

unless they offered to extend his contract before the season ended and were turned off by how much he wanted.

99% sure that we did

unless they offered to extend his contract before the season ended and were turned off by how much he wanted.

See that confuses me. He didn't get superstar money to move to Buffalo. Unless it was the length of the contract that the Giants borked at because they're focused on bringing in rookie talent in the draft. Still, we haven't drafted yet and there's not a cornucopia of LB talent out there to sign. With the injury issues we've had I would have thought a 3 year deal for Mitchell would have suited us perfectly.

I can't fault him for going to a team that paid him double what we offered.

Some observations from the DVD

1. Bob Papa is the greatest play-by-play man I've ever heard.

2. It's not "We Stomped You Out" it's "We Gonna... Stomp They Ass Out"

3. Roy Williams (Lions WR) had the greatest quote about Brandon Jacobs. "That's a big man right there. I don't know how they're hitting him. That's why I play receiver." :P

4. Papa had one of the best quotes ever, "Roy Williams just fell down... but he's going to the Pro Bowl." during Toomer's 1st TD in the Divisional Playoffs. :P

5. On the play where Bradshaw broke loose for a TD but got it called back... the ref that called Holding on Snee waited until Bradshaw broke through the second level of the defense to throw the flag. Me think someone was tryin to screw us over.

6. It may not have shown on his face during the two games but Brady was scared shitless of our pass rush. You could see it in the way he danced around in the pocket. He couldn't set his feet at all.

7. Eli Manning's TD pass to David Tyree was an incredible throw. Had he released the ball a half second later Asante Samuel intercepts it and we're not the Champs.

8. Eli to Strahan after the NFC Championship game, "I'll get you one." Great moment.

This was a great DVD and it just made me want more Giants football.

I'll try not to botch this (I just finished watching the DVD.. 5th time :D )

"And this is a disaster of absolutely colossall proportions" Showing a deject TO after RW's interception of Romo's pass in the end zone.

I have to get this DVD, they sell it at Modells?

I think so. I know they had it in some place in Midtown where Strahan and the rest of the players were there... I got mine from NLFshop.. and the one from SI is yet to come.

I think so. I know they had it in some place in Midtown where Strahan and the rest of the players were there... I got mine from NLFshop.. and the one from SI is yet to come.

Yeah I bought it there this afternoon, 2nd time watching it today.

Wait...isn't the NFLshop.com DVD and SI DVD, the same DVD? :unsure:

Sam's club had it for $17.82.

I thought it was an excellent DVD, the extras, especially the Coughlin piece and the NFL Network coverage after the game was good. The only issue was the Superbowl itself, they flew through it.