SportsWrath

Jim Finn's contract terminated

jranieli

Not a big deal, we knew this was going to happen since we extended Hedgecock. Good luck Jim where ever he ends up.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/20...ll-to-finn.html

This should come as no surprise, given the emergence and signing of fullback Madison Hedgecock, but the Giants officially terminated the contract of fullback Jim Finn yesterday afternoon.

70905k44.jpgThe official reason was “failed physical,” apparently due to a shoulder injury he suffered last offseason - one that kept him on injured reserve all year. Of course, the five-year, $5.5 million contract (with $1.2 million in bonus money) the Giants gave Hedgecock back in November had even more to do with it.

Finn spent five of his eight NFL seasons with the Giants (though last year really shouldn’t count). The former Bergen Catholic (N.J.) player spent his first three seasons with the Indianapolis Colts

Catching up on some other roster notes since they cleaned up the ticker tape from the Super Bowl parade…

The Giants signed seven of the eight players who ended the season on their practice squad - DB Darren Barnett (Missouri State), TE Marcus Freeman (Notre Dame), OT Na’Shan Goddard (South Carolina), RB Kay-Jay Harris (West Virginia), WR Brandon London (UMass), DB Andrew Shanle (Nebraska) and OT Brandon Torrey (Howard). The only one they did not sign was CB Jeff Shoate (San Diego State), whose contract with the team simply expired.

The Giants also signed WR Todd Lowber (Ramapo) and waived K Shane Andrus (Murray State), whom they had signed to a futures contract in early January.

Yeah, the writing was on the wall 3 years ago when EA was trying to convince Konrad to come out of retirement. This guy sucked as a FB, and I for one am glad his no longer with the team. I would tell him "Get out, and don't let the door hit ya where the sun don't shire." But he probably couldn't block that either.

So get out you foney. And be sure to kiss Tiki ass for making you look good all these years.

Yeah, the writing was on the wall 3 years ago when EA was trying to convince Konrad to come out of retirement. This guy sucked as a FB, and I for one am glad his no longer with the team. I would tell him "Get out, and don't let the door hit ya where the sun don't shire." But he probably couldn't block that either.

So get out you foney. And be sure to kiss Tiki ass for making you look good all these years.

Are you the type of person when they get an idea in their head

can never be wrong?

Wow, Nem. Kindda mean spirited there, don't you think?

Abit harsh don't ya think?

I've been saying it for Years. In order for the Giants to win the superbowl, they have to get rid of Finn. And sure enough, Finn goes on the IR list, doesn't get on the field and the Giants are Superbowl Champs! Coincidence? I think not.

I've been saying it for Years. In order for the Giants to win the superbowl, they have to get rid of Finn. And sure enough, Finn goes on the IR list, doesn't get on the field and the Giants are Superbowl Champs! Coincidence? I think not.

That's a ridiculous assumption. Hedgecock was a part, but not the turning point in our winning the superbowl.

Thank God that Lavar Arrington got hurt and can't play no more. We'd be drafting first this year.

Yes the Giants won the Superbowl because of Madison Hedgecock, he made all those

great catches on the final drive.