SportsWrath

Nem's Homework Idea

Virginia Giant

Maybe we should give out homework assignments. Since we have already FA and the draft coming up. Maybe we can volenteer on a position, do some research, and come up with a few player we should look into to upgrade our team.

How bout it? Those interested get assigned a position or group, and we do research and come up with our idea on the direction we should go. Free agents, draft picks, trades, whatever. Once we've done the research, we make a thread with our results.

In the past few years, I've broken down every position player and by gleaning information from about 20 different sites, have managed to put together my own excel sheet listing position by position, the players I would like to see the Giants pick. Each year, my jaw drops as I can't believe the Giants picked a player that's not even on my list. I remember screaming, "Osi Whooooooo....who the fuck is Osi.... :furious: ". Another year, I screamed at the TV yelling, "WHOooooo the fuck is Brandon Jacobs????". Yet another year I screamed, "WHYYYYY, WHYYYYYY, whyyyyyy ( :cwy: ) did you just burn your first round pick on another Defensive End when we already have too many!!! ?" :furious: I nearly had a heart attack with anger and over-the-top emotional letdowns when I hear the Giants' picks called out.

On top of that, the only time I ever got excited when the Giants picked a player I wanted (well...apart from Eli, which I chewed my nails off because I thought we gave up way to much....don't think that anymore, but I digress), anyway....the player picked by the Giants that I was so excited about was William "the bust" Joseph. So as you can see.....I'm pretty much worthless as tits on a boar hog when it comes to evaluating potential draft picks.

So anyway... last year....I decided to calm my nerves and just watch what the Giants do because they don't use mock drafts and magazine picked players that are ranked by talking heads that don't know shit. I was surprised to see that Aaron Ross was even on the regular lists of rankings all over the internet.

With that said.....I still can't help but look at what's out there and play "fan-picks-a-player", even though I have so much trust in the Giants scouting system :worshippy: , Reeves, Coughlin, and Spags, that I know it's a waste of time and a waste of a lot of emotion.

So.....I've been looking at linebackers and cornerbacks that might fall through the cracks into the Giants' lap. This year, I am hoping they take Dan Conner (Penn State) or Keith Rivers (USC) if either falls to them. Of the crop of cornerbacks, I am hoping that Leodis McKelvin (Troy St.) is still on the board. After that.....I just plan on studying the players that the Giants pick to see what I can find out on them. It's interesting that every year they pick up at least one player from a small school, who's players don't get much media attention.

I'll take whatever you give me. I was thinking Sp. teams, but I dont know, whatever.

If you want special teams, take it. Take whatever you want.

Basically, you look take a position or group. You look at the Giants needs at that position, and you research draft picks, free agents or trade possibilities and determine what you think the best course of action the Giants should take at that position. hen you start a thread with whatever research you have done on the player.players at the position and explain why you think that is best.

So, if there is some mule kicking punter you think will be available in the 3rd round, 7th round or hell, and un drafted free agent you think the giants should look at. Post it and explain why.

If you want special teams, take it. Take whatever you want.

Basically, you look take a position or group. You look at the Giants needs at that position, and you research draft picks, free agents or trade possibilities and determine what you think the best course of action the Giants should take at that position. hen you start a thread with whatever research you have done on the player.players at the position and explain why you think that is best.

So, if there is some mule kicking punter you think will be available in the 3rd round, 7th round or hell, and un drafted free agent you think the giants should look at. Post it and explain why.

Cool, that sounds fun. Maybe I should pick something else, because our Sp. teams are so good, its get a new punter for the retired Feagles and we're good! LOL

No, seriously, I'll do this one. Is there a deadline?

Cool, that sounds fun. Maybe I should pick something else, because our Sp. teams are so good, its get a new punter for the retired Feagles and we're good! LOL

No, seriously, I'll do this one. Is there a deadline?

Anytime before the draft i guess. When exactly does free agency start and end?

Well I'm not much of a college football fan but maybe I'll look at.....oh.....Safety position.

I think we keep Gibril but we need a stud beside him, I'm not sold on that Johnson kid just yet.

You will be my friend, trust me, you will be. ;)

Really nothing about the kid impresses me, he's better then Butler but...thats not saying much. I think we take a Safety in the second or even first to compete for the spot across from Gibril.

Really? I have to admit, I've seen the kid more than most of us since I watched his college career here in AZ. But you havent noticed that the little time he gets in there hes ALWAYS around the ball? I mean, he had your typical rookie mistakes like overpursuing, a late hit or two. But this kid has tremendous talent and is very atheletic. Im surprised youre not big on him. Youre the only one Ive heard say that. I think if we have Johnson and Wilson at safety, were soild. but I do like the idea of someone competing for the spot, keep him honest. WHat do you think about Dahl?

Really? I have to admit, I've seen the kid more than most of us since I watched his college career here in AZ. But you havent noticed that the little time he gets in there hes ALWAYS around the ball? I mean, he had your typical rookie mistakes like overpursuing, a late hit or two. But this kid has tremendous talent and is very atheletic. Im surprised youre not big on him. Youre the only one Ive heard say that. I think if we have Johnson and Wilson at safety, were soild. but I do like the idea of someone competing for the spot, keep him honest. WHat do you think about Dahl?

I don't know, sure he's an upgrade over Butler but anyone is heck if they threw Willy Joe back there he would of been better :P

Johnson the kid hasent shown me much, to me he is a solid backup but not a starter but keep in mind this is just form limited playing time that I've seen. Maybe in the off season Johnson comes in to camp and proves to the coaches he can play and be the starter next to Gibril but like I've said from what I've seen he hasent shown he could be a starter....only if Butler is his competition.

If we bring in a second round pick Safety then him and Johnson could fight it out in camp for the starting job and if the coaches decided Johnson then I will support him, obviously none of us are coaches so they know what their doing.

Dahl? I like him for the depth.

I don't know, sure he's an upgrade over Butler but anyone is heck if they threw Willy Joe back there he would of been better :P

Johnson the kid hasent shown me much, to me he is a solid backup but not a starter but keep in mind this is just form limited playing time that I've seen. Maybe in the off season Johnson comes in to camp and proves to the coaches he can play and be the starter next to Gibril but like I've said from what I've seen he hasent shown he could be a starter....only if Butler is his competition.

If we bring in a second round pick Safety then him and Johnson could fight it out in camp for the starting job and if the coaches decided Johnson then I will support him, obviously none of us are coaches so they know what their doing.

Dahl? I like him for the depth.

Im not so sure, why would ANYONE not start before Butler? :huh: lol The guy looks like a big dopey kid runnin around out there.

Im not so sure, why would ANYONE not start before Butler? :huh: lol The guy looks like a big dopey kid runnin around out there.

I'm going to say because Johnson was a rookie and they didn't want him starting in the playoffs, maybe a weakness to exploit against the more experienced WRs we faced.

I'm going to say because Johnson was a rookie and they didn't want him starting in the playoffs, maybe a weakness to exploit against the more experienced WRs we faced.

How ironic. We dont put MJ out there because he might be a weakness, and Butler gets burned every play. :rolleyes: lol