SportsWrath

Nem's Homework Idea

Virginia Giant

Ok so it looks like this is what we have so far.

Nem: Secondary

VG: Wide Receivers

Boohyah: Linebackers (free agency)

Bigblue: Special teams

BlueinCanada: Saftey

Maybe it would be possible to have this pinned?

I would love to help out, but I didnt research well in school and really cant see myself devoted for free. JK. :P

What happened, I said secondary.

Alright I got linebackers.

Hey! What happened to ME getting Linebackers! :brooding:

At this point, I'll take whatever though. What do we need someone for? OL? QB? RB?

Hey! What happened to ME getting Linebackers! :brooding:

At this point, I'll take whatever though. What do we need someone for? OL? QB? RB?

Dammit I can't keep up. Like i said though, its not the end of the world for a couple people to do one position. It will be interesting to see what direction 2 different people think we should go on one group.

You want linebackers or another position?

Dammit I can't keep up. Like i said though, its not the end of the world for a couple people to do one position. It will be interesting to see what direction 2 different people think we should go on one group.

You want linebackers or another position?

Here, I'll create another post and pin it.

Boohyah: Secondary (free agency)<------better Boo?

Bleedin Blue: Linebackers

You're making it seem like I was crying, check my old posts.

Anyway, how about I take offensive line?

Don't worry Booyah, I'll create another post and you can have the secondary if you like. I think you did say it before me. (I'm too lazy to look back ;) ) Give me the night, and I'll create the thread and pin it.

Don't worry Booyah, I'll create another post and you can have the secondary if you like. I think you did say it before me. (I'm too lazy to look back ;) ) Give me the night, and I'll create the thread and pin it.

Nem, keep the secondary, it's not a problem. I'll take the o-line.

Thats not what i was trying to do at all. Instead of going back and checking what everyone wanted like I should have, I went with "memory", I honestly thought you said linebackers. My list asking "better Boo" wasn't meant to be smart assed, I was seriously asking if thats what you'd rather have.

You can have any position you wish.

Thats not what i was trying to do at all. Instead of going back and checking what everyone wanted like I should have, I went with "memory", I honestly thought you said linebackers. My list asking "better Boo" wasn't meant to be smart assed, I was seriously asking if thats what you'd rather have.

You can have any position you wish.

Okay, I'm sorry VG, I shouldn't have written that and left well enough alone. My bad.

I'll do the offensive line, I'm fine with that.

OK, here's what I got so far. Special Teams is one of our strengths, so it shouldnt take too long. ;) :

KICKER- Lawrence Tynes started out of the gate slow. Missing easy chip shots and XP's, while all along driving Giant fans crazy. He came along way during the season, including putting a game winner through the uprights against GB. But is he a solid candidate for a contract? Do we keep him around, chancing that he could cost us games in the future? He made 800,000 in 2007, and may want more to stay because of his playoff heroics. Lets take a look at the FA kickers out there:

1) Adam Vinatieri (unrestricted, New England): A former Super Bowl hero and possibly the best "clutch" kicker ever in the NFL, Vinatieri is the kickers equivalent of a Rolls Royce to the common Toyota found on most teams. Any team in need of a kicker and who has a little extra money to spend on a kicker has a chance to land Vinatieri. The Dallas Cowboys, whose kicking game has been pitiful in recent years, are considered to be the most likely destination for Vinatieri.

2) Mike Vanderjagt (unrestricted, Indianapolis): You'd think after the glowing write-up Vinatieri got that he'd be the most accurate kicker in NFL history, but that's not the case. Actually, Vanderjagt is the NFL's most accurate kicker ever. The only problem is that kicks Vanderjagt tend to miss are the really important, game-on-the-line type of kicks that Vinatieri calmly nails every time. That said, Vanderjagt has also had the advantage of spending his entire career kicking from inside a dome for at least half of his games each year while Vinatieri has been in one of the more inhospitable climates. Vandy is a top kicker, and will do well with another team.

3) Ryan Longwell (unrestricted, Green Bay): Longwell has done incredibly well for a kicker in another very unfriendly climate. He's a reliable kicker with a strong enough leg to make the longer ones as well. He'll excel if he gets to a dome or a warm weather city.

4) Josh Brown (restricted, Seattle): Brown is a young kicker with a good leg. But as a restricted free agent, he's not likely to go anywhere.

5) Matt Bryant (unrestricted, Tampa Bay): The Bucs will likely let Bryant go and go after someone like Vanderjagt or Longwell. But Bryant, despite some inconsistencies, is still better than several kickers on other teams.

We've had Bryant before, I for one, am not interested in bringing him back. Its like a wash, Bryant for Tynes. Dallas seems to be where Viniateri will go, but I honestly think they will keep Folk, he did a fine job in Dallas. If they do, he would be worth the money, since we are 20 mil under the cap. But then again, I dont want to waste money on a kicker that we could use for a shut down corner, etc. Vandy is another interesting candidate. Very accurate except for some clutch situations. That last part of the sentence worries me. I'd pass for the money he'd want. To me, the most likely candidate to replace Tynes, would be Ryan Longwell. A very reliable kicker who excels in cold weather. If we dont have enough confidence in Tynes, I say go after Longwell. If not, Id be happy to keep Tynes around and give him another shot. Vandy and Adam will demand too muuch money.

PUNTER- Feagles is a FA, and has 20 years under his belt. Will he retire? I honestly think he wont. But if he does, here are some FA punters that are Unrestricted:

1. Jeff Feagles- UFA

2. Mitch Berger- UFA

3. Kyle Larson- UFA

4. Todd Sauerbrun- UFA

I personally like Sauerbraun or Berger but any would do a decent job. Its just that decent isnt that great when you had the best punter in the league for awhile. But then again, we dont expect to be punting a whole lot, and may be able to get one via the draft. Not our biggest concern, but a concern none the less.

KICK RETURNER- We're pretty soild at this position, I say leave it alone. Hixon has been a fresh new addition at that spot, and I am eager to see what he does next yr. If we pick one up in the later rds, that would be allright. But its definaley our last concern in the draft behind CB, WR, and LB.

Finally, the only other thing I would look at in regards to special teams, is a replacemnet for Tyree. I believe we will not rely on the draft for a WR so heavily, due to the fact that after our starters, we have folks like Smith, Moss(hopefully he finds his potential), Jennings( I got high hopes for this kid) and now Tyree coming off of special teams. If even 3 of the 4 do well, thats a nice WR combo. And we will need someone to fill Tyrees exceptional sp teams play.