SportsWrath

The Official "Name the Eli to Tyree Play" Game

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

If you guys have been listening to the sports talk shows lately (especially Mike and the Maddog), callers have been phoning in various names for the Eli to Tyree play. I figured I would start a thread. It seems like fun. I heard one today I liked called: THE PLAY

wanna hear something good?

One of my clients works for the New York-New Jersey branch Of ESPN and came in the other day. He was telling me about a competition for people to come up with a name for the catch and that the winner will go on TV. If you guys come up with something really good, let me know and I'll hook you guys up.

Guest StrahansGap
wanna hear something good?

One of my clients works for the New York-New Jersey branch Of ESPN and came in the other day. He was telling me about a competition for people to come up with a name for the catch and that the winner will go on TV. If you guys come up with something really good, let me know and I'll hook you guys up.

Sounds cool. Feel free to use this thread as your reference guide. We'll give it a few days and I'll post another thread with poll choices and I'll IM you the winning name.

They're doing a contest in the Daily News. I had one but someone had already sent it in. I was thinking of calling it "The Velcro Throw". There's like thousands of entries on the sports blog (the blue screen) and I was getting bored trying to read through all of them. So went the Ctrl F and I wrote in velcro, and the shit came up..Damn!! Oh well.

The best name they came up with on Mike and the MadDog was "Catch-42".......a play on the old phrase, Catch-22.

A couple of NY papers are having a contest for the best name, but I haven't seen the results. I've been trying to come up with something slick, but still having having problems. I think I like the word "Slipknot" as a beginning because a slipknot looks like a knot, then slips out of a knot like magic---the way Eli slipped out of a sure sack. Maybe the "slipknot miracle" or "slipknot grasp".

Guest StrahansGap

I think I heard on WFAN today that Tyree's family named it "The Miracle in the Desert" and the media loved it. They also said that the trademark was already done on it and t-shirts were being made already with the saying.