SportsWrath

So... What do we call Manning and Tyree's "Greatest Play in Super Bowl History?"

Dragon

We should name it after the reactions we all had during the play.

"C'mon... NO!!!!... OH man he got loose... Who the fuck is he throwing it to!?... OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eli you are the fuckin man!!!!!! Tyree what a play!!!!!!!!!!"

We should name it after the reactions we all had during the play.

"C'mon... NO!!!!... OH man he got loose... Who the fuck is he throwing it to!?... OOOOOOOHHHHHHH SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eli you are the fuckin man!!!!!! Tyree what a play!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL!!!

We had "The Catch" and we had "The Drive".

Now thanks to the New York Football Giants we have "The Play".

I hope this name sticks, cuz it easy, to the point and doesn't leave any aspect of it out. It was amazing from the snap to the final tackle.

I hope this name sticks, cuz it easy, to the point and doesn't leave any aspect of it out. It was amazing from the snap to the final tackle.

I like that. That play is really unlike so many other big plays where it was really two huge performances in one play. "The Catch" was a great play but really compare the two.

Montana simply rolled out to buy time. Manning had to get away from at least 3 guys who hand their hands on his jersey.

Dwight Clark jumped up high and snatched the pass. David Tyree (anyone else notice Eli calls him that, not Dave or Tyree, the full David Tyree) had to jump up as high as he could, which isn't too high, and fight for a ball against Rodney Harrison who was ripping at it the entire way down. Plus you add the helmet and being half an inch it seemed from hitting the ground....

The only thing I can say in defense of The Catch is I didn't see it live and have only seen replays so the true magic of the moment is lost on me.

Just thought of something....a 6th round pick....a 6th round pick in Tyree probably made the best two plays of his career that day. I mean the only reason the guy is on the team is because of his special teams play, I mean drafted 6th round in '03 and now is going to go down in Giant's history.

The Miracle.

Really what happen nothing short of a miracle. Eli slipping away from 3 defenders in what looked like a sure sack (my heart dropped). Then actually finding Tyree. Tyree jumping and having Harisson trying strip it so that it ends up on his helmet. Then falling on Harrison's legs so that he is just enough off the ground so it doesn't touch making no controversy at all (not even a challenge). It's fucking unbelievable really.

"The Play" sounds awsome..

sorry to get off topic.. but after reviewing "The Play", it looks like we had a few guys holdings..... i could be wrong, but just look at it for yourselves... .

Go take that crap to the patsy MB, I watched it 100 times, there wasnt a hold what so ever.

Go take that crap to the patsy MB, I watched it 100 times, there wasnt a hold what so ever.

I just watched it again looking for a hold and it did look like Diehl got a hold in there, but it wasn't obvious and it was also shielded from the officials view. I am sure there are plenty of times the Pats were holding that weren't called. The officials did a good job of just letting them play except for blatant fouls like false starts, offsides, oh and of course illegally batting the ball forward.

I just watched it again looking for a hold and it did look like Diehl got a hold in there, but it wasn't obvious and it was also shielded from the officials view. I am sure there are plenty of times the Pats were holding that weren't called. The officials did a good job of just letting them play except for blatant fouls like false starts, offsides, oh and of course illegally batting the ball forward.

Thanks for backing me my brother in blue <_<:P

I have called it "The Play" since it happened. Everything else dims in comparison. Years from now when discussing this game all one would have to say is "The Play" and everyone will know what play is being talking about.

I have called it "The Play" since it happened. Everything else dims in comparison. Years from now when discussing this game all one would have to say is "The Play" and everyone will know what play is being talking about.

I agree, I have either called it the Eli escapes Tyree awesome cath play, or simply, The Play.

Check this vid of Peyton and Eli in the locker room, even Peyton is amazed by The Play.

I agree, I have either called it the Eli escapes Tyree awesome cath play, or simply, The Play.

Check this vid of Peyton and Eli in the locker room, even Peyton is amazed by The Play.

Great video. I'm surprised I didn't see that one already.

I like that. That play is really unlike so many other big plays where it was really two huge performances in one play. "The Catch" was a great play but really compare the two.

Montana simply rolled out to buy time. Manning had to get away from at least 3 guys who hand their hands on his jersey.

Dwight Clark jumped up high and snatched the pass. David Tyree (anyone else notice Eli calls him that, not Dave or Tyree, the full David Tyree) had to jump up as high as he could, which isn't too high, and fight for a ball against Rodney Harrison who was ripping at it the entire way down. Plus you add the helmet and being half an inch it seemed from hitting the ground....

The only thing I can say in defense of The Catch is I didn't see it live and have only seen replays so the true magic of the moment is lost on me.

I saw it live. I remember it vividly. I was 11, and I just wanted the cowboys to lose. Didnt look like that was gonna happen. It was magic, thats for sure. It was also at the end of the game, so it was clutch. But what puts Manning/David Tyree(notice Blue calls him that too :P ) paly ahead, is 2 magical moments in 1 play.

How the hell do you get away from 3 defenders who have a hold of your jersey? And how in the hell do you make that catch????? Simply Amazing.

"The Play" is good.

I've exhausted my brain trying to come up with catchy names. I've thought of "Holy Crap", "The Great Escape Play", "Circus Play", "Slip-n-Catch", "The Miracle Play", "Miracle in 42nd" (as in 42nd SB), "Perfect Season Doom Play", "Pat's Doom", "Perfection Denied Play", "Boston's Buckner II", "R U Fuckin Kiddin Me Play", yada, yada, yada.

You know....I've watched the play a hundred times (at least), and the one thing I notice that no one has talked about is how Harrison brought Tyree down with his knee supported in such a way as to bring him down the way a WWF wrestler pretends to break an opponent's back.....only Harrison wasn't pretending....he really tried to break Tyree in half as he came down. Had he severed Tyree's spine, the ball would've come loose.

Three days later and all I can still think about is what happened on Sunday. I'm still coming to grips with the FACT that the Giants went all the way and brought home the trophy. Un-fricken-believable!!!!