SportsWrath

Coordinators

BlueInCanada

Well seeing as Spags is being interviewed by the skins and Gilbride's contract is up, is there any chance we loose both these guys?

I think theres a good chance that Gilbride will be back next season, I don't think there is really any position out there open for him and with his play calling in the later of the season has earned him a new contract.

But what about Spags?

What if this guy does take the HC job for the 'Skins....who the hell is out there for the DC position that we could hire?

Gilbride will be back. He is a friend of Coughlin and no way he goes anywhere else. If Spags goes, look for Coughlin to look at Capers who hasn't officially signed a contact with Dallas or Coughlin promotes Peter Giunta or Mike Waufle. I am hearing that the Giants are sweetening their offer to Spags in order to keep him.

Gilbride will be back. He is a friend of Coughlin and no way he goes anywhere else. If Spags goes, look for Coughlin to look at Capers who hasn't officially signed a contact with Dallas or Coughlin promotes Peter Giunta or Mike Waufle. I am hearing that the Giants are sweetening their offer to Spags in order to keep him.

is your signature supposed to flash on and off?

The dream would be they both stay.

Honestly, I've gotta give credit where it's due... Gilbride made the adjustments in the last quarter of the season and in the playoffs to get this offense where it needed to be. Rumor has it that he took all of the guess work out of the recievers' routes, and Eli's % went way up... maybe it was the recievers screwing up the routes after all.

As far as his game plan vs. the Pats, it can't get any better. Jacobs punches you in the mouth for two. Jacobs punches you in the mouth for three. 3rd-and-5... crossing pattern or slant to a reciever. Milk the clock. Wear down the D. Don't get too eager for a big play downfield. And rely on your QB to win the game in the final two minutes. Seriously... it was perfect. It's the kind of game plan we've been waiting to see all year; the kind where some board members had said, "if we went to power running and short passes, Eli might be a more efficient QB."

Um.... I'm just gonna eat a little more of crow before I go on to this next part... excuse me one minute...

...and what can you say about Spags that hasn't already been said? His game planning shut down the best Offense the NFL has ever seen. If he's back that's fantastic; if not, I don't remember too much about Capers, but one would hope he could do SOMETHING with this talented young D. Peter Giunta (I've heard) is a pretty bright guy and should someday be a D-coordinator; maybe that day is sooner than we think.

Gilbride will be back, if for no other reason that he's worked well with Eli. Spags, well, hopefully he realizes the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Michael Kay said it's his opinion that when offered a coaching job in the NFL or MLB you HAVE TO take it regardless of the circumstances. He went on to say that there are on ly 30/32 available in the whole world and if you turn a job down then you are then put on some sort of list and won't get another offer from anyone for a while (I said BS! when I heard that) He then said that when Willy Randolph turned down the Cincy job it took him a long time to get another chance. He said Willy told that to him himself.

Take it for what it is but that's what he said.

I have to agree with 420 here. Spags has never made "good money" in the dozen places he's been in the past 30 years and he's not getting any younger. He's probably pulling in 200 -300K with the Giants and will probably be offered 500K or a little more. On the other hand, the skins will probably offer him 5 million a year on a guaranteed contract for 4 or 5 years so that if he gets fired (happens a lot with that organization), he is guaranteed all 25 million or so. No one in their right mind can turn down that kind of monetary security and a chance to be a head coach in the NFL....especially when a guy is past 50 years old (like Spags) and it could be his "last chance" at such an honor. It would shock me if the Giants could offer him 1 million and the assistant coaches job...but they might. Even so....it would pale in comparison to the chance of being head coach with ten times as much money.

Hopefully, Washington decides Spags isn't the right fit for the job and they offer it to someone else. That's really our only chance of keeping him.

Also, I too believe that Capers is in the shadows waiting to see what happens and would be picked up by the Giants if Spags leaves.

Michael Kay said it's his opinion that when offered a coaching job in the NFL or MLB you HAVE TO take it regardless of the circumstances. He went on to say that there are on ly 30/32 available in the whole world and if you turn a job down then you are then put on some sort of list and won't get another offer from anyone for a while (I said BS! when I heard that) He then said that when Willy Randolph turned down the Cincy job it took him a long time to get another chance. He said Willy told that to him himself.

Take it for what it is but that's what he said.

Garrett didn't take his but I think Spags maybe more inclined too. Garrett is still young and will have many more opportunities, especially since Jones apparently loves the guy. Also Snyder maybe a cluster fuck but he will at least give him the tools/money to succeed and the Skins aren't a bad team. I think it will be a lot harder decision then if he was interviewing for the Raiders or Dolphins.

I know if any team offered me a guaranteed $25 million for 5 years or I could remain as D.C. for $5million or less for 5 years, then it is a no-brainer.

25 million sets up not only yourself, and your kids, but also your grandkids.

I'd just be asking "Where do I sign?"

I'd even coach a team I absolutely hated.

Garrett didn't take his but I think Spags maybe more inclined too. Garrett is still young and will have many more opportunities, especially since Jones apparently loves the guy. Also Snyder maybe a cluster fuck but he will at least give him the tools/money to succeed and the Skins aren't a bad team. I think it will be a lot harder decision then if he was interviewing for the Raiders or Dolphins.

Garrett just may be the new HC in Dallas depending how Wade does this year too so...We can't say that about Spags.

I know if any team offered me a guaranteed $25 million for 5 years or I could remain as D.C. for $5million or less for 5 years, then it is a no-brainer.

25 million sets up not only yourself, and your kids, but also your grandkids.

I'd just be asking "Where do I sign?"

I'd even coach a team I absolutely hated.

Yup.....as fans, we all love the game. But in their business....it's all business and their careers.

I remember when Carmelo Anthony was deciding on whether or not to play another year at Syracuse after winning the national championship in his freshman year. All the fans screamed, "don't go, don't go"...or ..."one more year, one more year".

When he sat down with Coach Boeheim, Boehiem told him to go. He said, "you're a lottery pick right now. Play one more year and you can't do better than a lottery pick and you could have an off year and fall...or worse, get hurt and end your career". He also said, "if you finish your degree here and pursue that as an occupation, you're looking at 40k a year...and you were born to play basketball...this is your chance, take it....Godspeed to you".

Spags is in the same situation....but with a biological clock that has few ticks left on it. If the job's offerred to him, he has to take it and we just need to wish him well. Well....except when facing the Giants!

The dream would be they both stay.

Honestly, I've gotta give credit where it's due... Gilbride made the adjustments in the last quarter of the season and in the playoffs to get this offense where it needed to be. Rumor has it that he took all of the guess work out of the recievers' routes, and Eli's % went way up... maybe it was the recievers screwing up the routes after all.

As far as his game plan vs. the Pats, it can't get any better. Jacobs punches you in the mouth for two. Jacobs punches you in the mouth for three. 3rd-and-5... crossing pattern or slant to a reciever. Milk the clock. Wear down the D. Don't get too eager for a big play downfield. And rely on your QB to win the game in the final two minutes. Seriously... it was perfect. It's the kind of game plan we've been waiting to see all year; the kind where some board members had said, "if we went to power running and short passes, Eli might be a more efficient QB."

Um.... I'm just gonna eat a little more of crow before I go on to this next part... excuse me one minute...

...and what can you say about Spags that hasn't already been said? His game planning shut down the best Offense the NFL has ever seen. If he's back that's fantastic; if not, I don't remember too much about Capers, but one would hope he could do SOMETHING with this talented young D. Peter Giunta (I've heard) is a pretty bright guy and should someday be a D-coordinator; maybe that day is sooner than we think.

Didnt Minnesota score more points in the 98 season? Or whatever season that was they made the record on points scored? I dont know if that necessarily means theyre better, but it puts them in contention for that title im sure.

Didnt Minnesota score more points in the 98 season? Or whatever season that was they made the record on points scored? I dont know if that necessarily means theyre better, but it puts them in contention for that title im sure.

I believe the Pats now hold that record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NFL_season

Gents 4 years ago I was one of those who was upset not that we got Eli but what we gave up to get him, considering by trading down we could have gotten Big Ben & merriman as well.

Today I am eating crow because thiis kid performed like a true champion. How many QBs make that escape? That was all desire & heart.

We have a team of the future if we don't screw it up. Other than Strahan who else might leave. Recall we have a couple of potential all pro guys who were injured for the SB.

Gilbride will be back and I believe Spags takes a HC job. So the real issue is who do we look for in FA & who do we take in the draft?

In my 55 plus years as a Giant fan - I remember crying listening to Ameche beating us in the NFL Championship.

That was the best game I ever saw our guys play.

Gents 4 years ago I was one of those who was upset not that we got Eli but what we gave up to get him, considering by trading down we could have gotten Big Ben & merriman as well.

Today I am eating crow because thiis kid performed like a true champion. How many QBs make that escape? That was all desire & heart.

We have a team of the future if we don't screw it up. Other than Strahan who else might leave. Recall we have a couple of potential all pro guys who were injured for the SB.

Gilbride will be back and I believe Spags takes a HC job. So the real issue is who do we look for in FA & who do we take in the draft?

In my 55 plus years as a Giant fan - I remember crying listening to Ameche beating us in the NFL Championship.

I know how you feel charlie. I'm still floating in dream land from Sunday's game.

I heard an interesting factoid on Mike and the Maddog yesterday. They got out the record books and said, "you know, in the last 21 years, the Giants have been in 4 superbowls and won 3 of them making them the most successful football team in the last two decades".

Of course, if you go back another 10 years, it brings the Steelers, Cowboys, etc., into play. But it makes one appreciate just how hard...and how rare...it is to even get to the superbowl, let alone win it. This Giants season was monumental no matter how you look at it.

I think Strahan retires....in a way, I hope so (which is a change of opinion in the last 24 hours for me). Some of his brandish statements and lack of grace has turned me off somewhat. I know he's having fun, but there's a time to show grace (the way Eli has) and compliment your opponents after a big win instead of ridiculing them. Let the fans do the ridiculing, which you know they will. The players themselves need to take the high road....that's my opinion anyway.

I think (know) we'll throw William Joseph under the bus this time around and with Robbins getting up there in age, we may need to rebuild some of our inside defensive line. I also think we need to look for a stud LB'r and a shutdown corner. Personally, I'd love to see the Giants snag Samuels away from New England in the offseason free agency moves.

When it comes to draft day....I see us going for more defense. Taking the best player available on the board and going from there. I can't see us focusing on a lot of offensive players unless a cherry is sitting there to pick....like WR or another stud lineman in the mold of Snee.

I think Strahan retires....in a way, I hope so (which is a change of opinion in the last 24 hours for me). Some of his brandish statements and lack of grace has turned me off somewhat. I know he's having fun, but there's a time to show grace (the way Eli has) and compliment your opponents after a big win instead of ridiculing them. Let the fans do the ridiculing, which you know they will. The players themselves need to take the high road....that's my opinion anyway.

This is the exact reason why I think he's gone. He's talking shit on his way out the door.

Gibril is going to be the big one that needs to be brought back. The Giants safeties are a big concern and losing a good one would just make it worse. Luckily Strahan retiring isn't going to be big blow now that we have very good replacements. I think Kiwi should go back to the line and a good LB drafted or signed in FA.

I've been tied up the past couple of days so maybe I missed some things.

What has Strahan said that was so bad.

btw. I don't want him to retire. He'd be on welfare in no time the way his exwife cleaned him out.

I'm guessing we'll go after Greg Williams if Spags goes to the Skins. I believe he was Coughlin's first choice for a Defensive Coordinator anyway. Kinda worried about why Washington passed on him as Head Coach, but he's a good DC.

Williams got hired by Jacksonville.

It'll be Dom Capers if Spags leaves.