SportsWrath

THE DALLAS COWBOYS WILL WIN THIS WEEK

BadEgg

I can't blame you for calling your season a success and liking your chances in Dallas. Both games were close.

But Dallas is still the better team. Even with TO at 50%. :o

I doubt that Eggy. While the teams are very close and very similar... even their weaknesses in the secondary, our DL is head and shoulders better than yours... and speaking of the WR being 50%... Plax has been that the entire season.

They can be ranked whatever they want to be ranked. The "notion" is that Romo as something like 7 TD passes against them and 1 rushing TD. That's why I think the Cowboys "should" win. Doesn't mean it will happen.

But you are taking what I am saying somewhat out of context from another post. I have respect for the Giants, basically saying that the defensive backfield is what will prevent them from going deep into the playoffs and winning the Superbowl. The rest of the team, with the exception of maybe Eli and Jacobs, probably will not be the reason they lose.

Now, the same argument could probably be made with respect to the Dallas DBs. But you have to admit, when looking at the Giants, the defensive backfield is a glaring weakness.

And don't tell me a good performance against a TB offense that has struggled to put up 20 points a game with a second string back, no game breaking TE, and a gimpy Galloway changes that.

You mean like when a back up QB with the Skins throws for about 250 and good completion percentage?

Or when Steve Smith has his only good game of the year against you while the 10th string backup throws to him?

Again, what makes the Cowboys backfield any scarier than ours heading into this game? Eli tossed 5 TD's and 3 picks against the Boys, oh, and that was with a gimpy Plax, and a second string back (first game). :TU:

I doubt that Eggy. While the teams are very close and very similar... even their weaknesses in the secondary, our DL is head and shoulders better than yours... and speaking of the WR being 50%... Plax has been that the entire season.

But that DL has really done nothing to Romo. Which has given him time to pick your DBs apart. As did Brady. As will any team with decent pass protection and a good QB. Didn't you use the "improved" d-line battle cry right before the Meadowlands game as well?

And Plaxico is a little better than 50%. His numbers are similar to the numbers he put up his other years with the Giants.

You mean like when a back up QB with the Skins throws for about 250 and good completion percentage?

Or when Steve Smith has his only good game of the year against you while the 10th string backup throws to him?

Again, what makes the Cowboys backfield any scarier than ours heading into this game? Eli tossed 5 TD's and 3 picks against the Boys, oh, and that was with a gimpy Plax, and a second string back (first game). :TU:

Neither defensive backfield is "scary." The Cowboys, however, are a little better. I would take Newman and Henry over any of the Giants Cbs this season. Webster and the rookie may be better in the future but we will see.

As far as the first game goes, if you want to talk injuries, you had Reeves giving Burress a 12 yard cushion the entire game. That didn't happen in the Meadowlands when the Cowboys were healthier in the defensive backfield. I believe big mouth Jacobs played in that game as well. And I believe he was a non-factor. :TU:

Neither defensive backfield is "scary." The Cowboys, however, are a little better. I would take Newman and Henry over any of the Giants Cbs this season. Webster and the rookie may be better in the future but we will see.

As far as the first game goes, if you want to talk injuries, you had Reeves giving Burress a 12 yard cushion the entire game. That didn't happen in the Meadowlands when the Cowboys were healthier in the defensive backfield. I believe big mouth Jacobs played in that game as well. And I believe he was a non-factor. :TU:

You've been preaching about how injuries aren't an excuse all year, yet you're the own that brought up TB's injuries. Thats why I mentioned how everything you basically said about TB is pretty much what we've been dealing with all year. Seems when its the Giants, it ain't an excuse, but when it comes to something that helps your argument, it a good point.

I wouldn't say Jacobs was a non factor, but he was game changing. And whats with the big mouth stuff? You root for Owens and have the audacity to call another teams player big mouth?

It's fine, you have all week to prove to us how confident you are the Cowboys will when, but Sunday will eventually get here, and the talk won't matter then.

They can be ranked whatever they want to be ranked. The "notion" is that Romo as something like 7 TD passes against them and 1 rushing TD. That's why I think the Cowboys "should" win. Doesn't mean it will happen.

But you are taking what I am saying somewhat out of context from another post. I have respect for the Giants, basically saying that the defensive backfield is what will prevent them from going deep into the playoffs and winning the Superbowl. The rest of the team, with the exception of maybe Eli and Jacobs, probably will not be the reason they lose.

Now, the same argument could probably be made with respect to the Dallas DBs. But you have to admit, when looking at the Giants, the defensive backfield is a glaring weakness.

And don't tell me a good performance against a TB offense that has struggled to put up 20 points a game with a second string back, no game breaking TE, and a gimpy Galloway changes that.

Well that performance may have some bearing on our matchup. It gives us some practice against the same types of things. For example:

second string back-see Julius Jones. May be a starter, but is the second best RB and the equivalent of a second stringer.

no game breaking TE- Well, you have a real good TE, but I dont know if Id call him game breaking. We'll be ready for him.

and a gimpy Galloway -See T.O.

There isnt a GLARING weakness, that has shown much improvement. Its maybe the weakest part of the team, but every SB champ has some kinda weakness. The Rams won it with virtually no defense.

yawning.jpg

I can't blame you for calling your season a success and liking your chances in Dallas. Both games were close.

But Dallas is still the better team. Even with TO at 50%. :o

....was closer than the Cowboys/Pats score back in week 6 means nothing. I think you know better than that.

Boring!

lady-yawning.jpg

The fact that the Giants/Pats score in week 17 was closer than the Cowboys/Pats score back in week 6 means nothing. I think you know better than that.

Yeah the pats did that to a lot of teams. I can only think of 4 teams that made it a game, and dallas isn't one of them.

:TU:

The fact that the Giants/Pats score in week 17 was closer than the Cowboys/Pats score back in week 6 means nothing. I think you know better than that.

Yeah the pats did that to a lot of teams. I can only think of 4 teams that made it a game, and dallas isn't one of them.

:TU:

:LMAO:

Yeah, they got thier ass kicked like the rest of em.

:LMAO:

Yeah, they got thier ass kicked like the rest of em.

Egg the KING of double talk. "Both games were close" between the Giants/Cowboys.....45 to 35 Dallas...ehhh close.....and 31-20 Dallas...looks 'close' to me. "The Fact" that NE/NYG game was closer than that of the NE/DAL game means nothing. Egg said it not me!!!! :LMAO:

Egg loves it when Giants fans talk injuries (err excuses) BUT Egg states that...As far as the first game goes, if you want to talk injuries, you had Reeves giving Burress a 12 yard cushion the entire game. That didn't happen in the Meadowlands when the Cowboys were healthier...smells like an 'excuse' to me.

The rest of the team, with the exception of maybe Eli and Jacobs, probably will not be the reason they lose......a while back he jumped all over Eli saying something like Eli wouldn't do 'it'??? Wouldn't win a playoffs...and now he's saying Eli wont be the reason they lose? Wow!

scared.gif

Egg the KING of double talk. "Both games were close" between the Giants/Cowboys.....45 to 35 Dallas...ehhh close.....and 31-20 Dallas...looks 'close' to me. "The Fact" that NE/NYG game was closer than that of the NE/DAL game means nothing. Egg said it not me!!!! :LMAO:

Egg loves it when Giants fans talk injuries (err excuses) BUT Egg states that...As far as the first game goes, if you want to talk injuries, you had Reeves giving Burress a 12 yard cushion the entire game. That didn't happen in the Meadowlands when the Cowboys were healthier...smells like an 'excuse' to me.

The rest of the team, with the exception of maybe Eli and Jacobs, probably will not be the reason they lose......a while back he jumped all over Eli saying something like Eli wouldn't do 'it'??? Wouldn't win a playoffs...and now he's saying Eli wont be the reason they lose? Wow!

scared.gif

Nobody loves when the injry excuse flys out around here...second only to the referee-penalty-nfl conspiracy excuse comes out...the Dog guesses this is just a response as at some point some fan here is going to bring up all of the injuries the Giants always have...oh wait, it was already done on this thread (VG brought up the fact that the Giants played the Dallas game with a 2nd string RB...)...

You've been preaching about how injuries aren't an excuse all year, yet you're the own that brought up TB's injuries. Thats why I mentioned how everything you basically said about TB is pretty much what we've been dealing with all year. Seems when its the Giants, it ain't an excuse, but when it comes to something that helps your argument, it a good point.

I wouldn't say Jacobs was a non factor, but he was game changing. And whats with the big mouth stuff? You root for Owens and have the audacity to call another teams player big mouth? It's fine, you have all week to prove to us how confident you are the Cowboys will when, but Sunday will eventually get here, and the talk won't matter then.

As far as the injury issue goes, I stand by what I have said. Injuries are never an excuse. But they are a factor. And here is what I mean.

The Bucs cannot blame there loss to the Giants on injuries. Galloway was hurt. They should have had someone, anyone, on offense that could provide a spark. The fact that they have really only one weapon ( a 30 something wide out ) is their own fault. They can't use that as an excuse.

But Galloway is a factor. The Bucs are a much better team with him than without him. They can't make excuses,

but it may have been different had Galloway been 100%. That is a fact.

The Cowboys cannot make excuses if TO cannot play. I have said for 3 years now they needed to get younger at WR, and it was poor planning to rely on Glenn and Owens. So, no excuses here. Jerry should have better depth at WR than Miles Austin and Sam Hurd. They have no one to blame but themselves.

But the fact remains, the Cowboys have one 3 games in a row against the Giants, and the Giants have not come close to stopping Owens this season. So the Cowboys will be a different team this weekend without him. That is a fact. Like it or not.

But if both Owens and Glenn are both 90-100%. Well, in that case, maybe the Giants shouldn't show up. :o

As far as Owens' big mouth goes, at least he showed up to the Meadowlands. I believe Brandon's big contribution was drawing a questionable personal injury foul. But at least he did something.

Nobody loves when the injry excuse flys out around here...second only to the referee-penalty-nfl conspiracy excuse comes out...the Dog guesses this is just a response as at some point some fan here is going to bring up all of the injuries the Giants always have...oh wait, it was already done on this thread (VG brought up the fact that the Giants played the Dallas game with a 2nd string RB...)...

Yeah? Read the whole thread bright one. Your boy Egg de-valued our win over Tamps due to having a back up running back and gimpy Galloway.

I didn't blame our loss vs the Boys due to Jacobs' injury in the first game, i simply countered his under-estimation of our win over the Bucs.

Next time you try being clever, bring the proper equipment.

As far as the injury issue goes, I stand by what I have said. Injuries are never an excuse. But they are a factor. And here is what I mean.

The Bucs cannot blame there loss to the Giants on injuries. Galloway was hurt. They should have had someone, anyone, on offense that could provide a spark. The fact that they have really only one weapon ( a 30 something wide out ) is their own fault. They can't use that as an excuse.

But Galloway is a factor. The Bucs are a much better team with him than without him. They can't make excuses,

but it may have been different had Galloway been 100%. That is a fact.

Thats the text book definition of an excuse. Unless you're the Pats, most teams, even the really good ones, don't have more than 1 really good receiver and 1 good receiver. Saying they should have a replacement capable of filling in without a significant drop in play is foolish because almost no team has that. Stars, or teams' best players, want to play at all costs, and coaches let them because even a gimpy Galloway, or TO, or Owens, is usually better than any other alternative on the team.

The Cowboys cannot make excuses if TO cannot play. I have said for 3 years now they needed to get younger at WR, and it was poor planning to rely on Glenn and Owens. So, no excuses here. Jerry should have better depth at WR than Miles Austin and Sam Hurd. They have no one to blame but themselves.

But the fact remains, the Cowboys have one 3 games in a row against the Giants, and the Giants have not come close to stopping Owens this season. So the Cowboys will be a different team this weekend without him. That is a fact. Like it or not.

You've won two games in a row against this team, because like it or not, teams get better or worse from year to year, and even as the season progresses. Sounds to me you are already in the begining stages of excuse making. Plax has been battling an injury all year, under you're explanation, it's safe to assume the game against the Boys may have turned out differently had he been 100 %. But lets not forget that our 3rd receiver was also hurt, so now I'm pretty sure we would have won. :)

But if both Owens and Glenn are both 90-100%. Well, in that case, maybe the Giants shouldn't show up. :o

IF So should Owens and Glenn be, say, 40 % and the Cowboys lose, that would be the reason? That my friend, is an excuse. However delicately you want to put it, if you're reasoning for a team losing is because players were injured or not completely healthy, it's an excuse.

Thats the text book definition of an excuse. Unless you're the Pats, most teams, even the really good ones, don't have more than 1 really good receiver and 1 good receiver. Saying they should have a replacement capable of filling in without a significant drop in play is foolish because almost no team has that. Stars, or teams' best players, want to play at all costs, and coaches let them because even a gimpy Galloway, or TO, or Owens, is usually better than any other alternative on the team.

I am saying they should have more than they do have. No threat at RB. No other weapon at WR. No TE. You are correct. Most teams do not have multiple weapons. The teams that make a run for the Superbowl do. The Cowboys lost a 1000 yard receiver before week 1. Owens, Witten, Romo, Barber, and even Crayton stepped up. Harrison went down for the Colts. They still have Wayne, Addai, Clark, and even Gonzales. Not to mention the better Manning. The Packers could afford to lose a WR, and they even have two decent TEs. The Seahawks won big without Deon Branch. Again, multiple good WRs. TB should have had more and, as a result, they are one and done.

You've won two games in a row against this team, because like it or not, teams get better or worse from year to year, and even as the season progresses. Sounds to me you are already in the begining stages of excuse making. Plax has been battling an injury all year, under you're explanation, it's safe to assume the game against the Boys may have turned out differently had he been 100 %. But lets not forget that our 3rd receiver was also hurt, so now I'm pretty sure we would have won. :)

Yes, Plax has been battling injury all year but his numbers really haven't dropped off. So the Giants have not lost much there. Your 3rd WR? Who is that? The rookie with two or three catches last week? Now you are reaching.

IF So should Owens and Glenn be, say, 40 % and the Cowboys lose, that would be the reason? That my friend, is an excuse. However delicately you want to put it, if you're reasoning for a team losing is because players were injured or not completely healthy, it's an excuse.

Are you saying that beating Dallas with both Glenn and Owens at 40%, whatever that is, is the same as if they were 100%? Really? It's not an excuse, because the Cowboys should not be relying on two old Wrs. But they are a different team without them. You really don't understand this distinction?

[/b]

Are you saying that beating Dallas with both Glenn and Owens at 40%, whatever that is, is the same as if they were 100%? Really? It's not an excuse, because the Cowboys should not be relying on two old Wrs. But they are a different team without them. You really don't understand this distinction?

IF Dallas is your team...why are you leaving yourself a 'out' IF Glenn and Terrell isn't 100%? Shouldn't YOUR team beat the Giants without these players at full strength? That's the VERY same shit u claim we Giants fan do when we aren't at full strength. Remember you said "should we get by Tampa Bay...." blah blah blah? What were the Giants supposed to do with a Tampa team that supposedly had ONE threat on Offense. Giants were supposed to lose? And believe it or not...that Tampa team with one threat was picked by so called 'experts' to beat the Giants. If the Giants woulda lost, your silly ass woulda made a silly thread ...AND this 'different team' without Terrell is YOUR way (again) of rationalizing IF the Cowboys should lose. Are the Giants a different team without Shockey? Are we different without Tiki? How about Ward being out? And I can't forget the Center O'Hara.....so IF we lose to the Cowboys....I'll pin it onus 'being a different team' without these guys. Also Known as an EXCUSE!!!! Talk to your boy Italian Dog please!??!!!

It's not an excuse, because the Cowboys should not be relying on two old Wrs. Well like someone above said HOW many teams can afford to dress 3 Terrell Owens' and 2 Randy Mosses? I can name 2 teams with incredible depth at WR. See the Colts, see the Patriots....So losing Terrell would be big BUT what's up? Tony Romo has Whitten, the running game and can make plays with his feet.....have faith...don't make excuses errrr claim the 'different team without' speil. It'll be allright.

IF Dallas is your team...why are you leaving yourself a 'out' IF Glenn and Terrell isn't 100%? Shouldn't YOUR team beat the Giants without these players at full strength? That's the VERY same shit u claim we Giants fan do when we aren't at full strength. Remember you said "should we get by Tampa Bay...." blah blah blah? What were the Giants supposed to do with a Tampa team that supposedly had ONE threat on Offense. Giants were supposed to lose? And believe it or not...that Tampa team with one threat was picked by so called 'experts' to beat the Giants. If the Giants woulda lost, your silly ass woulda made a silly thread ...AND this 'different team' without Terrell is YOUR way (again) of rationalizing IF the Cowboys should lose. Are the Giants a different team without Shockey? Are we different without Tiki? How about Ward being out? And I can't forget the Center O'Hara.....so IF we lose to the Cowboys....I'll pin it onus 'being a different team' without these guys. Also Known as an EXCUSE!!!! Talk to your boy Italian Dog please!??!!!

It's not an excuse, because the Cowboys should not be relying on two old Wrs. Well like someone above said HOW many teams can afford to dress 3 Terrell Owens' and 2 Randy Mosses? I can name 2 teams with incredible depth at WR. See the Colts, see the Patriots....So losing Terrell would be big BUT what's up? Tony Romo has Whitten, the running game and can make plays with his feet.....have faith...don't make excuses errrr claim the 'different team without' speil. It'll be allright.

One last time. I am not making excuses for the Cowboys. If you rely on two receivers in their thirties and they get hurt you have no one to blame but yourself. No excuses.

But you can't separate out the fact that the Cowboys are a different team without them. But I'm not going to cry about it if they lose. That's football. You are supposed to have guys that step it up when others can't go.

And that was my point about TB. They should have another weapon other than Galloway. They don't. And, therefore, they deserved to go home.

But saying the Cowboys are the same team without these guys is like saying the Pats/Colts game is the same game regardless of whether Moss and Welker are hurt. Or both Wayne and Harrison are hurt. They are different teams without these guys. Interestingly, the Colts haven't been crying about Harrison. Why do Giants fans continue to cry?

Here is why: Giants fans like to cry about penalties and injuries. This is nothing new. Whatever floats your boat...But I do not believe that the Giants have suffered the type of injuries, at least during the regular season, that they can use injuries as an excuse. And Burress has been healthy enough to play at a very high level, so let's stop crying about his ankle already.

But I will give you this. If Burress' ankle severely limits him this game or flares up to an extent that he cannot play, maybe the Giants can blame this one playoff loss on injuries. Because the Cowboys, while better than the Giants, are not that much better and the Giants are a different team without both Shockey and Burress on the field.

But that DL has really done nothing to Romo. Which has given him time to pick your DBs apart. As did Brady. As will any team with decent pass protection and a good QB. Didn't you use the "improved" d-line battle cry right before the Meadowlands game as well?

And Plaxico is a little better than 50%. His numbers are similar to the numbers he put up his other years with the Giants.

You're right about Romo and your OL. I'm not disputing that. The more we see Romo the more we figure him out.. hopefully this time around Osi will be humping him... literally :)

True there is no guarantee. And, honestly, I would have rather seen TB. It still doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys have no business losing this game.

Come on, despite the rivalry? I'd rather have Dallas right now than anyone.

Your right about TO. At 50% he is just any other WR. But any other WR should be enough against the Giants defensive back field. :D

Actually we're about 7th against no.2 wr's, and 9th against no.3+. It's been no.1's that have been killing us in pass def. Not to mention TE's and rb's. So if TO is at 50%, he won't be a problem.

One last time. I am not making excuses for the Cowboys. If you rely on two receivers in their thirties and they get hurt you have no one to blame but yourself. No excuses.

But you can't separate out the fact that the Cowboys are a different team without them. But I'm not going to cry about it if they lose. That's football. You are supposed to have guys that step it up when others can't go.

And that was my point about TB. They should have another weapon other than Galloway. They don't. And, therefore, they deserved to go home.

But saying the Cowboys are the same team without these guys is like saying the Pats/Colts game is the same game regardless of whether Moss and Welker are hurt. Or both Wayne and Harrison are hurt. They are different teams without these guys. Interestingly, the Colts haven't been crying about Harrison. Why do Giants fans continue to cry?

Here is why: Giants fans like to cry about penalties and injuries. This is nothing new. Whatever floats your boat...But I do not believe that the Giants have suffered the type of injuries, at least during the regular season, that they can use injuries as an excuse. And Burress has been healthy enough to play at a very high level, so let's stop crying about his ankle already.

But I will give you this. If Burress' ankle severely limits him this game or flares up to an extent that he cannot play, maybe the Giants can blame this one playoff loss on injuries. Because the Cowboys, while better than the Giants, are not that much better and the Giants are a different team without both Shockey and Burress on the field.

So in other words, injury IS a excuse for losing. Thanks for your honesty.

You just said if Plax cant play, then that CAN be used as a excuse. But when we point out that last year we had 12 PLAYERS on IR, that isnt a excuse?? You got me spinning in circles here egg.

So in other words, injury IS a excuse for losing. Thanks for your honesty.

You just said if Plax cant play, then that CAN be used as a excuse. But when we point out that last year we had 12 PLAYERS on IR, that isnt a excuse?? You got me spinning in circles here egg.

I was actually trying to be diplomatic to your Giants, by allowing them a little wiggle room if both Shockey and Burress don't play. And, re-evalutaing my position, never is probably a strong word because I guess it's possible for a team to get so depleted by injury that they simply cannot compete.

That is not the case with the Giants this year and that was not the case with the Giants last season. So, no my friend. 12 players on IR is not an excuse, especially when the team made the playoffs and lost to a team that did not even make it to the Superbowl. But, by all means, keep crying if you must. :baby:

nice try with this thread Egg .....but i think you are secretly a little bit worried !

Yes the Cowboys should win by a score .......but you know in your heart that this game will be very close !

it would be a disaster for Dallas if they lost

The G men have nothing to lose

Enjoy the game

regards

UK