SportsWrath

You guys REALLY need to relax...

fishgutmartyr

With all the negativity on these threads, you'd think we LOST today.

• Our defense held the Eagles to 13 points, got sacks when they needed them, and pressured McNabb most of the day. We kept their passing game at bay despite BOTH our starting safetys being out, and one of our Starting CBs playing hurt. Their TE was invisible most of the game with Pierce playing with a bad ankle and Reggie Torbor starting(!)
  • Our starting RB played with a bum hamstring which seems to have affected his ability to hold on to the ball, our oline didn't show until the second quarter, and we were still able to control the game on the whole.

I watched the Colts game, and you know what? Despite their dominance, they still got 6 pts for a touchdown, and 1 point for a PAT. No style points.

We just clinched a winning season. That means we will have had winning seasons two of the last three years, and not have had a losing season in three years. When was the last time this team has done that?

Just as importantly, this team is likeable again. No back biting, no sniping at the coach, no wondering if the team has given up on the season. Everyone is trying, and it shows.

We're not going to the Superbowl. We knew that at the beginning of the season. Considering who we lost at the beginning of the season, and during the offseason, and what the replacements were; did you really expect to even get this far? Think about it--a lot of our defense is not great, and we brought in a new defensive coordinator that never did the job before--do you remember the level of uncertainty we had? How about Strahan holding out? Playing "who will be our coach next year?" before the first game of the season?

We've caught plenty of breaks this year. Some of those breaks will spill into next season.

There's still some holes, some with answers on the roster, some not. Revisiting the offensive playbook, or getting the personnel that can execute it, would be a plus. But considering the age of our team, our GM (who seems light years ahead of EA), you have to think we're heading in the right direction, maybe not as fast as we'd like, but it's better than where we've been.

So while I'll probably be as miserable as everyone else with another playoff loss (if it happens, both Seattle and Tampa Bay are very beatable), I'm at least going to enjoy what's going on now.

Sorry to pontificate, but jeez...

True the Giants are doing better then many "experts" predicted, but they could be playing better. A winning season and 3rd playoff appearance in a row :TU:

What would make this season a success to me is getting another shot at Dallas and bouncing them out of the playoffs. I would have been happy if they had atleast split with them this season but to drop two to those shiteaters :furious:

All i said starting out was the tackling was piss poor, it then got turned into me defending Eli and busting on the D, and someone else defending thre D and Busting on Eli. I gave the D lots of credit, most notably the secondary, but apparently because I didn't drop to my knees and open hungrily, I'm anti-Giants D.

True the Giants are doing better then many "experts" predicted, but they could be playing better. A winning season and 3rd playoff appearance in a row :TU:

What would make this season a success to me is getting another shot at Dallas and bouncing them out of the playoffs. I would have been happy if they had atleast split with them this season but to drop two to those shiteaters :furious:

I don't know--can these players do better, at least this season? Our defense is ridiculously young with a large number of first and second-year players. Hey, our defensive backfield's average age is as high as it is because Sam Madison is picking up so much slack in that dept...

Our wide receivers are at 80%(I made that stat up all by myself :) )--Plax is playing very well, but injured. I don't think Toomer is 100% back from the knee surgery yet, and our wide receivers after that are (this season) the pit of the damned. There's hope next season with these young guys, and I'm thinking Toomer is going to have another good season; but this season, not so good.

Our running backs seem to be very good, if they can stay on the field and get into a rhythm. But that hasn't happened.

David Diehl has been outstanding this season, but no one is going to confuse him with a young Jonathan Ogden. He's done well for us, and I'm sure will be even better next season with some experience, but a good defensive end still gives him fits.

That's a lot of inexperience to overcome in a single season. We've had at least one inexperienced player starting at every level of the defense, a left tackle playing his first full season at that position, 1st and 2nd year guys in the third wide receiver position, and running backs (with the exception of Droughns) with precious little playing time.

Our special teams have worked very hard to be average.

Spags could have just as easily flopped as been a good defensive coordinator.

And we're still 9-4. I'll take that.

But you're right, it would be sweet to beat the Cowboils.

All i said starting out was the tackling was piss poor, it then got turned into me defending Eli and busting on the D, and someone else defending thre D and Busting on Eli. I gave the D lots of credit, most notably the secondary, but apparently because I didn't drop to my knees and open hungrily, I'm anti-Giants D.

Eh, I'm not pointing a finger at just you VG, you, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion. I'm just trying to point out that there's quite a bit to feel good about with this team.

I don't know--can these players do better, at least this season? Our defense is ridiculously young with a large number of first and second-year players. Hey, our defensive backfield's average age is as high as it is because Sam Madison is picking up so much slack in that dept...

Our wide receivers are at 80%(I made that stat up all by myself :) )--Plax is playing very well, but injured. I don't think Toomer is 100% back from the knee surgery yet, and our wide receivers after that are (this season) the pit of the damned. There's hope next season with these young guys, and I'm thinking Toomer is going to have another good season; but this season, not so good.

Our running backs seem to be very good, if they can stay on the field and get into a rhythm. But that hasn't happened.

David Diehl has been outstanding this season, but no one is going to confuse him with a young Jonathan Ogden. He's done well for us, and I'm sure will be even better next season with some experience, but a good defensive end still gives him fits.

That's a lot of inexperience to overcome in a single season. We've had at least one inexperienced player starting at every level of the defense, a left tackle playing his first full season at that position, 1st and 2nd year guys in the third wide receiver position, and running backs (with the exception of Droughns) with precious little playing time.

Our special teams have worked very hard to be average.

Spags could have just as easily flopped as been a good defensive coordinator.

And we're still 9-4. I'll take that.

But you're right, it would be sweet to beat the Cowboils.

Eh, I'm not pointing a finger at just you VG, you, like everyone else, are entitled to your opinion. I'm just trying to point out that there's quite a bit to feel good about with this team.

I was estatic with the win yesterday, I had to come here to feel bad. ;)

With all the negativity on these threads, you'd think we LOST today.
  • Our defense held the Eagles to 13 points, got sacks when they needed them, and pressured McNabb most of the day. We kept their passing game at bay despite BOTH our starting safetys being out, and one of our Starting CBs playing hurt. Their TE was invisible most of the game with Pierce playing with a bad ankle and Reggie Torbor starting(!)
  • Our starting RB played with a bum hamstring which seems to have affected his ability to hold on to the ball, our oline didn't show until the second quarter, and we were still able to control the game on the whole.
I watched the Colts game, and you know what? Despite their dominance, they still got 6 pts for a touchdown, and 1 point for a PAT. No style points.

We just clinched a winning season. That means we will have had winning seasons two of the last three years, and not have had a losing season in three years. When was the last time this team has done that?

Just as importantly, this team is likeable again. No back biting, no sniping at the coach, no wondering if the team has given up on the season. Everyone is trying, and it shows.

We're not going to the Superbowl. We knew that at the beginning of the season. Considering who we lost at the beginning of the season, and during the offseason, and what the replacements were; did you really expect to even get this far? Think about it--a lot of our defense is not great, and we brought in a new defensive coordinator that never did the job before--do you remember the level of uncertainty we had? How about Strahan holding out? Playing "who will be our coach next year?" before the first game of the season?

We've caught plenty of breaks this year. Some of those breaks will spill into next season.

There's still some holes, some with answers on the roster, some not. Revisiting the offensive playbook, or getting the personnel that can execute it, would be a plus. But considering the age of our team, our GM (who seems light years ahead of EA), you have to think we're heading in the right direction, maybe not as fast as we'd like, but it's better than where we've been.

So while I'll probably be as miserable as everyone else with another playoff loss (if it happens, both Seattle and Tampa Bay are very beatable), I'm at least going to enjoy what's going on now.

Sorry to pontificate, but jeez...

You are completely right.

ANYTIME you beat the Eagles in Philly, you take that win and just get the hell back up the Turnpike. I don't care who our coach is, who our QB is.....beating Philly, in Philly, has ALWAYS been tough.

You are completely right.

ANYTIME you beat the Eagles in Philly, you take that win and just get the hell back up the Turnpike. I don't care who our coach is, who our QB is.....beating Philly, in Philly, has ALWAYS been tough.

Right on.

We swept the Eagles this season, and next week we finish off the Skins.

Right on.

We swept the Eagles this season, and next week we finish off the Skins.

I'm hoping for a good old-fashioned ass-kicking of the Redskins. We can wrap up the seed, travel to Buffalo with nothing to play for, and then come back for the finale all loosey-goosey against the Patriots, and just blitz the living crap out of Tom Brady.

I'm hoping for a good old-fashioned ass-kicking of the Redskins. We can wrap up the seed, travel to Buffalo with nothing to play for, and then come back for the finale all loosey-goosey against the Patriots, and just blitz the living crap out of Tom Brady.

hmmm... Never thought about that. I would love for us to stop the Pats from a 16-0 season... they can get very upset with us and wish to see us again this season :rolleyes: