SportsWrath

INTO THE LIONS' DEN!

BadEgg

Let's see...

I could compare Eli to Romo. But I won't.

I could gloat over the fact that the "overrated" Cowboys front 7 had 5 sacks while the overhyped Giants' had 2. But I won't.

I could point out that the "horrible" Cowboys defensive backs, who are only now getting healthy, had 2 picks, and held Burress and Toomer to a combined 61 yards and no TDs. But I won't.

I could spend post after post talking about coaching on both sides of the ball. But I won't.

Even worse, I could remind you that the team you played yesterday was not Miami, the Jets, the Eagles, the Redskins, Atlanta :P, or Sanfrancisco :lol:. But I won't.

But I will say this: You Giants fans wanted a big game and now you've got one. Into the angry Lion's den you go, with them and all of their offensive weapons fresh off a sloppy, embarrassing loss to the Cardnals.

IT'S ALL ON THE LINE THIS WEEK: The Season, Coughlin's future, Eli's credibility and possibly his future as well...

I WILL BE GLUED TO MY TV. What more can an avid football fan want? Giants vs. Lions at 1, Cowboys vs. Skins at 4... ;)

Let's see...

I could gloat over the fact that the "overrated" Cowboys front 7 had 5 sacks while the overhyped Giants' had 2. But I won't.

I could point out that the "horrible" Cowboys defensive backs, who are only now getting healthy, had 2 picks, and held Burress and Toomer to a combined 61 yards and no TDs. But I won't.

I could spend post after post talking about coaching on both sides of the ball. But I won't.

Even worse, I could remind you that the team you played yesterday was not Miami, the Jets, the Eagles, the Redskins, Atlanta :P, or Sanfrancisco :lol:. But I won't.

But I will say this: You Giants fans wanted a big game and now you've got one. Into the angry Lion's den you go, with them and all of their offensive weapons fresh off a sloppy, embarrassing loss to the Cardnals.

IT'S ALL ON THE LINE THIS WEEK: The Season, Coughlin's future, Eli's credibility and possibly his future as well...

I WILL BE GLUED TO MY TV. What more can an avid football fan want? Giants vs. Lions at 1, Cowboys vs. Skins at 4... ;)

Egg, I have been a NY Giants fan for more than 55 years, thru thick & thin, but I have to agree with everything you posted in this thread. Romo, an undrafted free agent is a great qb, unlike Opie who cost the Giants a lot and has never lived up to expectations. At his best, he is nothing more than an average qb. I curse Giant management who made the trade to get this cry-baby who did not want to abide by the rules of the NFL draft. Moreover, management could have drafted Big Ben, kept their draft picks and had an outstanding qb to lead the team.

Let's see...

The fact that the "overrated" Cowboys front 7 had 5 sacks while the overhyped Giants' had 2.

That the "horrible" Cowboys defensive backs, who are only now getting healthy, had 2 picks, and held Burress and Toomer to a combined 61 yards and no TDs.

I could spend post after post talking about coaching on both sides of the ball.

Even worse, I could remind you that the team you played yesterday was not Miami, the Jets, the Eagles, the Redskins, Atlanta :P, or Sanfrancisco :lol:.

I WILL BE GLUED TO MY TV. What more can an avid football fan want? Cowboys vs. Skins at 4... ;)

Thank you Captian Obvious. Ever though of working for ESPN? :);)

captainobvious.jpg

Let's see...

Actually the season will not be on the line next week, but all your other points are noted. Good win, Boys look good and should be the #1 seed in the NFC, hope we get another shot at em later on. I think there is still a good chance of that.

I like the tone of "you wanted a big game, now you got it." Remember that should you make it to the SB.

I can't wait to see you drop off the map after a crushing loss to a better team: the Pats. We are not a better team at this point and if we play again, I still don't know if our QB has what it takes, just the same, there's a constant in some fan bases:

our fans turn on the team quickly

your fans cray when you lose

cheeseheads, well there always on board

buffalo fans: in love with them even when they stink

and so on...

Cowboy fans though are always the worst, all crying and trying to talk people into believing that Troy Aikman is one ofthe top 5 QB's ever...never!

In fact, his commentary yesterday was so blindly biased that I couldn't take it and normally he doesn't suck.

I only wish we had Phil Simms on these games, he's a far superior and unbiased commentator. Perhaps his son will get traded into the AFC and then Phil can come commenate instead of Joe Buck and Troy (both of whom are somewhat annoying).

Remember this BadBreath: you want a big game, now you may just get one. Oh how I only wish it were us who could give you the beating as it goes: Bill B, Pepper J. and co are like family, can't wait for our big brother to whip your ass.

Now go post on your MB so you bitches can get all revved up about yourselves...the day is drawing near.

I like the tone of "you wanted a big game, now you got it." Remember that should you make it to the SB.

I can't wait to see you drop off the map after a crushing loss to a better team: the Pats. We are not a better team at this point and if we play again, I still don't know if our QB has what it takes, just the same, there's a constant in some fan bases:

our fans turn on the team quickly

your fans cray when you lose

cheeseheads, well there always on board

buffalo fans: in love with them even when they stink

and so on...

Cowboy fans though are always the worst, all crying and trying to talk people into believing that Troy Aikman is one ofthe top 5 QB's ever...never!

In fact, his commentary yesterday was so blindly biased that I couldn't take it and normally he doesn't suck.

I only wish we had Phil Simms on these games, he's a far superior and unbiased commentator. Perhaps his son will get traded into the AFC and then Phil can come commenate instead of Joe Buck and Troy (both of whom are somewhat annoying).

Remember this BadBreath: you want a big game, now you may just get one. Oh how I only wish it were us who could give you the beating as it goes: Bill B, Pepper J. and co are like family, can't wait for our big brother to whip your ass.

Now go post on your MB so you bitches can get all revved up about yourselves...the day is drawing near.

Interesting response in light of everything that transpired yesterday. If I read this rambling post correctly (and I am not sure that I did), you consider Bill Belcheck "like family", something akin to a "big brother."

If that is the case, it will be interesting to see what you think of "big brother" when he hangs 50 on your team, long after the game is over. And you know that the Patriots are capable of hanging 50 on these Giants.

The attack on Aikman, who I felt gave all the credit in the world to the Giants in the first half, is curious. The only explanation I can offer on Aikman being "blind" is perhaps the light was reflecting off his 3 Superbowl rings...

Interesting response in light of everything that transpired yesterday. If I read this rambling post correctly (and I am not sure that I did), you consider Bill Belcheck "like family", something akin to a "big brother."

If that is the case, it will be interesting to see what you think of "big brother" when he hangs 50 on your team, long after the game is over. And you know that the Patriots are capable of hanging 50 on these Giants.

The attack on Aikman, who I felt gave all the credit in the world to the Giants in the first half, is curious. The only explanation I can offer on Aikman being "blind" is perhaps the light was reflecting off his 3 Superbowl rings...

If you guys beat us and they own you up and down the field, they might put a real beating on us. 50 is about what they put on you though, so I can't imagine what happens when the real 81 plays. TO's good, but he's a poor man's Randy.

As for any comments by Aikman, yep, his commentary yesterday was one-sided even when the game was neck and neck.

I'm glad you'll be the one everyone on this board is looking at when you scurry off an hide like last year after the Romo debacle against Seattle.

Add another SB loss to your record; it's coming and then you'll be all so sorry that "you wanted a big game and now you're going to get one!"

Aikman isn't even in the top 5 of best QB's (as evidenced by his year's w/o M. Irvin and the resulting lack of rings.

Phil is a much more informed and even announcer and he doesn't even let the glare of his rings block out his view.

Even your current team is really a construct of Giants philosophy as instituted by Bill P: huge line, power back, 3-4, etc.

What kind of troll spends all his time at another teams' site anyway? Mommy didn't hold you enough, now you act up in class?

If you guys beat us and they own you up and down the field, they might put a real beating on us. 50 is about what they put on you though, so I can't imagine what happens when the real 81 plays. TO's good, but he's a poor man's Randy.

As for any comments by Aikman, yep, his commentary yesterday was one-sided even when the game was neck and neck.

I'm glad you'll be the one everyone on this board is looking at when you scurry off an hide like last year after the Romo debacle against Seattle.

Add another SB loss to your record; it's coming and then you'll be all so sorry that "you wanted a big game and now you're going to get one!"

Aikman isn't even in the top 5 of best QB's (as evidenced by his year's w/o M. Irvin and the resulting lack of rings.

Phil is a much more informed and even announcer and he doesn't even let the glare of his rings block out his view.

Even your current team is really a construct of Giants philosophy as instituted by Bill P: huge line, power back, 3-4, etc.

What kind of troll spends all his time at another teams' site anyway? Mommy didn't hold you enough, now you act up in class?

This is truely an absurd post. I'm not Troy Aikman's son or brother. I could care less if 100% of the football fans in this world view him as a top 5 QB, or the worst QB to ever win a Superbowl. Frankly, I have never he thought about whether he is in the top 5 QBs of all time.

He won 3 Superbowls while I watched him and, as a Dallas fan, I am satisfied. Kick him out of the HOF if you wish because he had a great supporting cast when he was in Dallas. I am still satisfied.

With that said, I care even less on how the world views him as a commentator. Fox can fire him today and hire Phils Simms to call all the games all by himself. Why would I care? Maybe his wife does, but I don't.

If the Cowboys are a "construct" of Giants "philosophy" and the Cowboys beat the Giants and keep winning, I am a satisfied fan. If it means the Cowboys are going to the Superbowl, they can call them the "Junior Giants" for all I care.

As far as the Superbowl goes, I haven't pencelled the Cowboys in yet. There is still a long road ahead. But if they get in, and they are healthy, I will give them a chance against anyone they play.

In fact, if I recall correctly, most people felt that, while the Patriots had a stingy defense and a young QB with potential, the Greatest Show on Turf was going to have little problem disposing of them and winning their second Superbowl. Any given day...

Good then, we agree, Troy Aikman wasn't good yesterday...I'm satisfied.

Yes, there's a lot of Giants DNA in the current incarnation of man teams; we've turned out a lot of great coaches...again I'm satisified.

As for what I expect the Pats to do to you guys, I'll be very satisfied and in your own troll-like words, "you asked for it, now you got it."

Watching you lose the SB will almost make up for having to watch that shit every Thanksgiving, another atroctiy that should be stopped.

Good then, we agree, Troy Aikman wasn't good yesterday...I'm satisfied.

Yes, there's a lot of Giants DNA in the current incarnation of man teams; we've turned out a lot of great coaches...again I'm satisified.

As for what I expect the Pats to do to you guys, I'll be very satisfied and in your own troll-like words, "you asked for it, now you got it."

Watching you lose the SB will almost make up for having to watch that shit every Thanksgiving, another atroctiy that should be stopped.

A true atrocity would be sending the Giants in there. The Jets may actually give them a game.

The Dog has to disagree...both are high quality receivers, but Owens tends to be more of a creator when the ball is in his hands...the Dog suspects if the two players switched their current teams, you would be saying the opposite...

The Dog might agree here, but would argue that he is in the top 10...and anytime you take away a QB's primary threat, the end result could be a decline in overall performance...if you remove jerry rice from Montana, one wonders what is ultimate success would have been...

The Dog thinks Simms has a secret crush on Ed Hocule (spelling??)...whatch carefully when he officiates a game that Simms announces...it can be creepy...

As for his rings, does he shine the ring that Hostetler earned for him? Only he knows the answer to that...

Interesting...so most likely, every team that experiences success of any kind is because they are a by-product of the Giants...the Dog hates to say it, but this just sounds like sour grapes...and the Dog hates sour grapes...

I don't generally think there's a need for a Dog catcher, but no, TO is not the calibre of Randy and sour grapes, well I should think not.

Randy is a dominant WR and is unguardable when he plays up to it. TO is a powerhouse, but he's not totally dominant and teams are more likely to fear Witten.

As for the sour grapes, I think you neglect the footprint that the Giants have on the league. It may not totally rival the Bill Walsh tree, but we have many branches and I'll take our Parcells, our Billicheck, our Schottenheimer, Lombardi, Landry, etc., to Walsh's tree, minus Holmgren.

As for Phil loving Hocule, what's not to love. If Phil loves him, then it must mean that Hocule brings something special to the love game.

Eggy, I feel sorry for you.

You're the sucker who feels like the only successful season is one with a superbowl victory.

And you and I both know you're not going to get that.

So in essence, your season is already over.

Most of us here will be happy to make the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row. ;)

Can we address to 'coincidental' appearance of Italian HotDog...right after a BadEgg post?

:unsure::mellow::confused:

I find it more compelling that BIGBLUE01 has not showed up on here to jump in Egg's..shi...well salad if you like . about how we coulda shoulda woulda. and he was the one who noted Egg wasn't around for a few weeks after the Pat's beat the Boy's .

I don't generally think there's a need for a Dog catcher, but no, TO is not the calibre of Randy and sour grapes, well I should think not.

Randy is a dominant WR and is unguardable when he plays up to it. TO is a powerhouse, but he's not totally dominant and teams are more likely to fear Witten.

As for the sour grapes, I think you neglect the footprint that the Giants have on the league. It may not totally rival the Bill Walsh tree, but we have many branches and I'll take our Parcells, our Billicheck, our Schottenheimer, Lombardi, Landry, etc., to Walsh's tree, minus Holmgren.

As for Phil loving Hocule, what's not to love. If Phil loves him, then it must mean that Hocule brings something special to the love game.

The Dog will agree to disagree on the Owens-Moss who is better debate, as both are capable of taking their team to the next level when behaving maturely...

And the Giants are an organization that spans many decades and so has many opportunities to spawn a number of high quality coaches over time, where as Bill Walsh is one man in a short-term coaching assignment that spawned a great number of successful coaches in the NFL - difficult to compare, but the Dog has to believe that Walsh's protoges (Holmgren, Shanahan, Reid, Rhodes, Gruden, Seifert...) are pretty talented...

I'd take TO anyday. Moss sleepwalked for 2 years in Oakland and stole millions. He's a front running phony.

The whole "aikman is biased towards the Cowboys" is so old at this point. Anything he said yesterday was fine.

I never noticed any Aikam bias towards the cowboys since he became an announcer. I always thought he waqs very fair when covering Giants games, and have even thought I detected some amount of love for the Giants, especially when he talks about shockey.

I never noticed any Aikam bias towards the cowboys since he became an announcer. I always thought he waqs very fair when covering Giants games, and have even thought I detected some amount of love for the Giants, especially when he talks about shockey.

Aikman is forever saying that Shockey doesn't get enough passes.

Some people think that if Aikman is saying bad stuff about the Giants, that means he is pro cowboys.

In fact, if I recall correctly, most people felt that, while the Patriots had a stingy defense and a young QB with potential, the Greatest Show on Turf was going to have little problem disposing of them and winning their second Superbowl. Any given day...

:rolleyes:

Yeah, except drawing parallels with this Cowboys defense and the Patriot defense of '01 is the true definition of insanity, the Patriot defense of '01 allowed 30 or more points ONCE during that regular season and not more than 17 to any playoff opponent..... this Cowboys defense has already allowed 35 or more points TWICE in 9 games... not to mention having given up almost 2500 yards through the air through 9 games where the '01 Patriot defense gave up only 3300 yards all regular season.... can this Cowboys "defense" that you speak of hold it's remaining opponents to less than 122 yards passing per game for the rest of the season..... the evidence says NO!

Take off the rose colored glasses son.