SportsWrath

INTO THE LIONS' DEN!

BadEgg

OMG. Nothing is worse than seeing a fellow Giants fan make excuses and take credit for other coaches because they were once assistant coaches for the Giants. UGH. Are we going to take credit for Sean Payton, too? Except we fired him! If the Giants were smart he'd be our head coach now. But I'm not going to root for the Saints and call them the Giants' "little brother". To hear someone say that the Patriots are the Giants big brother is repulsive.

exact-a-mundo my friend. The guy is a weasel-like troll who will be talking shit until the lose the SB and then it will be an avalanche of excuses...

Looking forward to watching it...

This may be a foreign concept to a Giants' homer like yourself, but I don't make excuses for the Cowboys when they lose.

OMG. Nothing is worse than seeing a fellow Giants fan make excuses and take credit for other coaches because they were once assistant coaches for the Giants. UGH. Are we going to take credit for Sean Payton, too? Except we fired him! If the Giants were smart he'd be our head coach now. But I'm not going to root for the Saints and call them the Giants' "little brother". To hear someone say that the Patriots are the Giants big brother is repulsive.

:clap:

To further the point, give credit where credit is due. Dallas outplayed and outcoached us. Romo clearly is more accomplished and a better qb than Eli right now, Dallas is just a better team. I hope that we get the chance to play them again in the playoffs and give them a better game.

And blunatic is spot-on. TO, despite his past antics, has never quit competing for his team. He's never "taken plays" off, much less at least two SEASONS off like Moss. Moss has no heart, unlike TO, who is an ultimate competitor who sometimes can't keep his mouth shut when he should. I would take TO over Moss any day of the week as well.

To further the point, give credit where credit is due. Dallas outplayed and outcoached us. Romo clearly is more accomplished and a better qb than Eli right now, Dallas is just a better team. I hope that we get the chance to play them again in the playoffs and give them a better game.

And blunatic is spot-on. TO, despite his past antics, has never quit competing for his team. He's never "taken plays" off, much less at least two SEASONS off like Moss. Moss has no heart, unlike TO, who is an ultimate competitor who sometimes can't keep his mouth shut when he should. I would take TO over Moss any day of the week as well.

:clap::clap:

To hear someone say that the Patriots are the Giants big brother is repulsive.

you sir, are a total idiot, but barring that I haven't seen you on this board very much, so I suspect that you're not an old school fan.

All that said, championship families stay together forever. That's not to say that Bill B. isn't a Patriot and may prefer to be associated with them since it's his show, but he was part of a champinship effort and part of his gameplan for the SB against the Bills is in the HOF on display.

So, save your UGH for someone who's a troll stirring up what you may call your brothers in arms on the side of the G-men.

TO has dropped more catchable balls than Moss. I can't remember but one time that I distincly recall Randy dropping a catchable ball and it was when Martin Lawrence was the QB of the Raiders and thew him a screen.

Otherwise the balls weren't all that catchable.

You certainly aren't saying that TO's efforts outweigh the destruction he's left in his wake for Eagles. I've never heard of Randy calling his QB gay or dividing a whole team.

On the field though, if you have one play to go and it's even reasonable, you can throw to Moss or TO. I find it unlikely that anybody who knows both players picks TO.

Remember this, TO's questionable catching was almost his undoing; he was a nobody in the championship game for the 49er's (against the Packers) dropping the ball repeatedly that game only to catch the final one. Were it not for that, he would have faded into oblivion or at the very least been seen for what he somtimes is...questionably handed.

Moss is the winner there.

you sir, are a total idiot, but barring that I haven't seen you on this board very much, so I suspect that you're not an old school fan.

All that said, championship families stay together forever. That's not to say that Bill B. isn't a Patriot and may prefer to be associated with them since it's his show, but he was part of a champinship effort and part of his gameplan for the SB against the Bills is in the HOF on display.

So, save your UGH for someone who's a troll stirring up what you may call your brothers in arms on the side of the G-men.

Than Norwood must be a second cousin since he handed the Superbowl to both Bills on a silver platter. You should write to the NFL and have Norwood enshrined in the HOF as a Giant.

I also think Tom Landry should get credit for that Superbowl victory over the Bills. You see, Everson Walls was on that Giants team and CB is a very important position. But Walls was drafted by Dallas so, part of his "championship effort", can be traced back to Landry, the Dallas coaches, and the Dallas "family."

In fact, let's give KEVIN BACON a Superbowl ring as well. I heard that Bacon knows someone who is the coursin of the person who served a Big Mac to Bill Parcells right before the Bills Superbowl game.

I also think Tom Landry should get credit for that Superbowl victory over the Bills. You see, Everson Walls was on that Giants team and CB is a very important position. But Walls was drafted by Dallas so, part of his "championship effort", can be traced back to Landry, the Dallas coaches, and the Dallas "family."

Good point, Landry's part of the Giants family too; he was our DC when Lombardi was our OC. You sir, are right on board with me and I like that...

I root for Giant even when the are no longer Giants, like when Pepper went to Cleveland or when Kerry went to the Raiders or even Sean Payton last year.

If it comes down to rooting for a former Giant to a non-Giant, I'll always go with the former.

I don't attribute a player or coach's success to us when they're not with us, but it's easier to root for them.

I'm sure there's a much more interesting discussion on a Dallas MB, I intive you to go join it.

TO has dropped more catchable balls than Moss. I can't remember but one time that I distincly recall Randy dropping a catchable ball and it was when Martin Lawrence was the QB of the Raiders and thew him a screen.

Otherwise the balls weren't all that catchable.

You certainly aren't saying that TO's efforts outweigh the destruction he's left in his wake for Eagles. I've never heard of Randy calling his QB gay or dividing a whole team.

On the field though, if you have one play to go and it's even reasonable, you can throw to Moss or TO. I find it unlikely that anybody who knows both players picks TO.

Remember this, TO's questionable catching was almost his undoing; he was a nobody in the championship game for the 49er's (against the Packers) dropping the ball repeatedly that game only to catch the final one. Were it not for that, he would have faded into oblivion or at the very least been seen for what he somtimes is...questionably handed.

Going back aways, huh? Again, TO has never given up on his team. Wow, he called his QB gay, and I think that was even AFTER they weren't teammates anymore. Either way, I fail to see how that relates to the play on the field. And oh no, he yelled at Donovan. Should he have done that? No. He hurt his relationships on that team, but he never gave up on the field. The very reason he got in Donovan's face was because he wanted to win so badly and felt that he wasn't getting the opportunity to help his team do that. For the record I think Donovan and Andy Reid handled that situation very well, and TO came off looking badly. But again, he never took plays off. What Randy did in Oakland was despicable. He took Al Davis' money for two years for zero effort. Sure, it's easy to talk big and put in effort when things are going great and your team can't be beat. But it takes a MAN to give the same effort and hard work when your team is down. And because of that I don't even consider Randy Moss a real man. TO, while exercising poor judgement at times (not this year or last year for the most part) has always competed hard, always kept himself in impeccable shape and put in the hard work, and for that, at least that, I can respect him. Moss is the most gifted receiver in the history of the NFL but he is a shitbag with no pride in my opinion and in the opinion of many others. And while TO had a lot of drops last year, he also led the NFL in TD's. And BTW, our very own Giants didn't seem to have an answer for him on Sunday either. Spare me. And you are on crack to think that a talent like TO wouldn't have still made it if he hadn't made that catch. Why do you think he was being thrown the ball (and even on the field) to begin with? Because he was the best receiver on the field. And the fact of the matter is that HE DID make that catch that WON THE GAME. I'll take his few drops and double digit TD seasons every time over someone who will quit on your team when the going gets tough.

And also, don't call me an idiot because you are talking shit to a guy whose team just beat your team because some other team (who is NOT your team) is conceivably better. It is sour grapes, and it's very unbecoming. Another thing a real man does is take their lumps with class and shakes the hand of their opponent when they've been handed an ass-whipping like we received on Sunday. You couldn't do that, and it is repulsive. Claiming some obscure connection to the Patriots because Belichek was on the Giants' staff 16 years ago is just dumb and irrelevant. And yes I was around for both Superbowls and watched them happily. But he's the Patriots coach now and I have no feeling whatsoever for him except to acknowledge that he's smudged the game with his cheating, runs up the score on opponents, looks like a bum on the sidelines, and (like you) shows zero class when he's been beat, even when the person who beat him was his protege (see Mangini, Eric 2006). Hell, most of the time he shows zero class, whether he wins or not. I'll give him he's a great coach but I'm not going to root for him because he was our linebackers coach and DC a long time ago on our championship teams, and I'm certainly not going to claim him because his team can beat the Cowboys and ours can't. That shit IS WEAK! And if you were "old school" like you claim to be you wouldn't say shit like that either.

Good point, Landry's part of the Giants family too; he was our DC when Lombardi was our OC. You sir, are right on board with me and I like that...

I root for Giant even when the are no longer Giants, like when Pepper went to Cleveland or when Kerry went to the Raiders or even Sean Payton last year.

If it comes down to rooting for a former Giant to a non-Giant, I'll always go with the former.

I don't attribute a player or coach's success to us when they're not with us, but it's easier to root for them.

I'm sure there's a much more interesting discussion on a Dallas MB, I intive you to go join it.

Trust me. There is nothing more interesting than you on the Dallas board. By all means, keep posting... :lol:

Trust me. There is nothing more interesting than you on the Dallas board. By all means, keep posting... :lol:

In fact, let's give KEVIN BACON a Superbowl ring as well. I heard that Bacon knows someone who is the coursin of the person who served a Big Mac to Bill Parcells right before the Bills Superbowl game.

That was fantastic. I got a good laugh out of that one.

Trust me. There is nothing more interesting than you on the Dallas board. By all means, keep posting.

Did you invent sarcasm, yes you did. Did you do that right here on a Giants MB? We're so lucky.

Now get ready for your short march to the SB where (as I've made it plainly known) you will be dismatled again. It may go over 50 points and then you can go back into hiding.

Did you invent sarcasm, yes you did. Did you do that right here on a Giants MB? We're so lucky.

Now get ready for your short march to the SB where (as I've made it plainly known) you will be dismatled again. It may go over 50 points and then you can go back into hiding.

[/quote]

You call yourself a Giants' fan? Quitting in Week 11 and handing the NFC Superbowl birth to the Cowboys? You must not watch much football.

The Dog is pretty sure he was also a rookie during that game...and do you recall Randy Moss leaving the field early during a playoff game in GB? Neither has a consistently good approach, but the Dog still thinks that Owens is more of a big play creator once the ball is in his hands...

I'm a Giants fan and I have only three degrees of Kevin Bacon, so he's already in.

You call yourself a Giants' fan? Quitting in Week 11 and handing the NFC Superbowl birth to the Cowboys? You must not watch much football.

I've watched the Giants for long enough to know what we are in a given year and what we're not. I don't give up necessarily, however I'm realistic about the variables it takes to go big and regrettably, the Cowboys have those this year.

So, in answer to your queery, no, I'm not giving up, however I'm most certain that we're not going to take the long wild card march to the SB.

The Dog is pretty sure he was also a rookie during that game...and do you recall Randy Moss leaving the field early during a playoff game in GB? Neither has a consistently good approach, but the Dog still thinks that Owens is more of a big play creator once the ball is in his hands...

Dog, we'll just have to agree to disagree. This is not to say that TO is bad, I just do not believe him to be as prolific of a threat as Moss. I don't actually know if that was his first year or not; not matter, sounds like we've got different takes on these things.

This is beaten into the ground. I stand by my assertion that Dallas is better than us this season. I stand by my other assertions that Romo is better than Eli and I also stand by my assessment that the Cowboys will get there's in the SB.

The only thing worse than the Cowboys not getting their's is if someone beats the Cowboys and then we have a Seattle, Detroit, Tampa, or some other NFC contender that will get murdered by the Pats.

One can only wonder what we'd be like with a Romo-like QB? If only....

Than Norwood must be a second cousin since he handed the Superbowl to both Bills on a silver platter. You should write to the NFL and have Norwood enshrined in the HOF as a Giant.

Anyone who knows football knows that 47 yard field goals are not "chip shots". They'd also probably agree that the fact that the Giants held the ball for 40+ minutes, keeping it out of the hands of the explosive Buffalo offense, had more to do with winning that game than Norwood.