SportsWrath

Anyone remember this?

Dragon

I dont' think Sehorn's ego got the best of him... in '96 and '97, he was a shut-down corner. The Giants would put Sehorn on a receiver, and that particular receiver would just disappear from the game.

What finished him was the injury. ACL before people really knew how to rehab it... and he was one of the first "microfracture" guinea pigs, back when they though that would speed healing (it sucks... actually slows healing). He tried rushing back after the injury and just did more damage (hamstring, knees, etc).

He was one of my favorites until he got hurt. If you wanna talk about ego, there are SEVERAL other Giants whom I'd think of before Sehorn.

I dont' think Sehorn's ego got the best of him... in '96 and '97, he was a shut-down corner. The Giants would put Sehorn on a receiver, and that particular receiver would just disappear from the game.

What finished him was the injury. ACL before people really knew how to rehab it... and he was one of the first "microfracture" guinea pigs, back when they though that would speed healing (it sucks... actually slows healing). He tried rushing back after the injury and just did more damage (hamstring, knees, etc).

He was one of my favorites until he got hurt. If you wanna talk about ego, there are SEVERAL other Giants whom I'd think of before Sehorn.

Well said.

That was a great play and it's one of a few that a fan never forgets.

Who could forget that one. What a play. He's had a few that really stand out. I remember one play were he smashed the QB just as he threw the ball, then got up and made the tackle, on a 3rd and long. That was sweet.

I think he would have been even better playing FS where he was facing the quarterback just about every play. He had a natural instinct for the ball. I could kill both him and the coach to let him have a chance returning kicks against the mother fucking Jets no less and suffer a career ending/shortening injury.