SportsWrath

Dallas loses!

Sephiroth

Everyone saw this coming. I already had this marked down as an Egg-free week.

Of course if the Giants lose tonight he will be on to laugh that up while defending the boys "Well NE is a good team.....but you guys lost to a HORRIBLE team! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Oh wait that was supposed to be in all caps.

Everyone saw this coming. I already had this marked down as an Egg-free week.

Of course if the Giants lose tonight he will be on to laugh that up while defending the boys "Well NE is a good team.....but you guys lost to a HORRIBLE team! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Oh wait that was supposed to be in all caps.

The Cowboys having nothing to be ashamed about. They were within 4 points with about 10 minutes left, when it appeared as though the Patriots had them buried in the first. That's as much as you can hope for the way the Patriots are playing right now. Brady is amazing and they are on a record setting pace.

But it's hard to believe they can play at that level all year long. When the Cowboys see them again in Arizona, with a healthy Henry and Tank, it could be a different story. That's right. Mark it down. If the Cowboys stay healthy, they will be in Arizona come February. No question.

The Cowboys having nothing to be ashamed about. They were within 4 points with about 10 minutes left, when it appeared as though the Patriots had them buried in the first. That's as much as you can hope for the way the Patriots are playing right now. Brady is amazing and they are on a record setting pace.

But it's hard to believe they can play at that level all year long. When the Cowboys see them again in Arizona, with a healthy Henry and Tank, it could be a different story. That's right. Mark it down. If the Cowboys stay healthy, they will be in Arizona come February. No question.

I have to give it to the Boys for hanging in there. If the D had done anything (us Giants fans are all too familiar with this problem) the game would have been much closer. The Patriots had like 63 offensive play calls which would kill any D.

I am starting to buy into the idea that the Pats downright intimidate other teams. I have not looked into it but a lot of those penalties were mental errors....mental errors made I believe because the Boys were intimidated.

Don't get me wrong Dallas played a good game, but the Pats are damned hard to beat. You simply can't stop their passing game.

I am starting to buy into the idea that the Pats downright intimidate other teams. I have not looked into it but a lot of those penalties were mental errors....mental errors made I believe because the Boys were intimidated.

Don't get me wrong Dallas played a good game, but the Pats are damned hard to beat. You simply can't stop their passing game.

I actually went to the game and don't think they were really "intimidated." Even late in the game when the Cowboys kicked that last field goal (which made no sense) the players seemed confident during the tv time outs, trying to get the crowd back involved and so forth...

But I agree in the sense that the mental errors result from pressure the Patriots create. You have to be perfect against there guys for four quarters and that may not even be enough. And Brady is just ridiculous. They put more pressure on him than any other team this season but, unless you sack him, you're in trouble.

I also think the Cowboys knew that without Henry they had no chance of stopping the passing game. They are simply not deep enough at CB. Then again, I don't know what team is really deep enough...

Oh well, on to the Vikings.

So they were not intimidated....but I am right that the penalties came from pressure...aka intimidation....

I'm not going to argue you with you on this point. I think we are basically both saying the same thing. But I've always equated "intimidation" in the football sense as a team not believing they can actually win the game...l don't think that was the case yesterday.

There is a difference between believing you can't win no matter what, and believing that you can win but you must be perfect every single play in order to win.

In my opinion, if the Cowboys were "intimidated" they don't come back from 14-0, and the games is 35-3 at halftime, and not 21-17.

Not sure how anyone could gloat in this win. It was the toughest game the Pats had this year and Dallas really gave it to them but just could not hang around. That is unreal with 64 plays. Dallas is still the team to beat in the NFC East, let alone NFC. Green Bay has not impressed me that much. It will come back to haunt them not to have much of a running game. Skins aren't bad either but are not there yet.

Speaking of high scoring. Anyone watch that Boise St Nevada game that went into 4OT's? The score I believe was 69-67. I thought it was never going to end. If you like offense, that is a game for you.

Not sure how anyone could gloat in this win. It was the toughest game the Pats had this year and Dallas really gave it to them but just could not hang around. That is unreal with 64 plays. Dallas is still the team to beat in the NFC East, let alone NFC. Green Bay has not impressed me that much. It will come back to haunt them not to have much of a running game. Skins aren't bad either but are not there yet.

Speaking of high scoring. Anyone watch that Boise St Nevada game that went into 4OT's? The score I believe was 69-67. I thought it was never going to end. If you like offense, that is a game for you.

I saw the very last play and that was it. I can't take looking at Boise State's field for too long.

The only way to beat the Pats is with a big time running game.

Get Jacobs and Ward ready!

Agreed. The old Bill Parcells playbook vs. the Buffalo Bills is the only way to beat the Pats.

Run for three. Run for three. Pass for four. Run for three. Run for four... run for four. Repeat until touchdown... and 11 minues are off the clock.

That's the only hope a team could have.

Not sure how anyone could gloat in this win. It was the toughest game the Pats had this year and Dallas really gave it to them but just could not hang around. That is unreal with 64 plays.

The scary thing is, it wasn't even a tough game for them. You take away the 2nd qtr and they outscored dal 41-10. And the announcer was right, the pats didn't even look like themselves til into the 2nd half.

The Dog thought the Patriots were exposed to a degree defensively...The Colts have to be the favorite at this point if they get healthy, and the Steelers seem to have the pieces needed to compete and potentially beat NE...that being said, the Patriots seem to always find ways to win, and do so even when they don't appear to have as much talent on the roster (i.e., in past years, the WR core was overall fairly average in comparison to other teams, and at times, the defense appears very beatable, yet they end up pulling out wins...). The Dog for one is just happy that Vrabel didn't score again...really, don't teams ever catch on to that?

I actually went to the game and don't think they were really "intimidated." Even late in the game when the Cowboys kicked that last field goal (which made no sense) the players seemed confident during the tv time outs, trying to get the crowd back involved and so forth...

But I agree in the sense that the mental errors result from pressure the Patriots create. You have to be perfect against there guys for four quarters and that may not even be enough. And Brady is just ridiculous. They put more pressure on him than any other team this season but, unless you sack him, you're in trouble.

I also think the Cowboys knew that without Henry they had no chance of stopping the passing game. They are simply not deep enough at CB. Then again, I don't know what team is really deep enough...

Oh well, on to the Vikings.

Brady has the gunslinging arm of Favre mixed with the accuracy of Pennington and the field vision of Manning. He's unstoppable these days. Dallas did well...a lot better than we will do, most likely. The Patriots are unstoppable this year.

Score wise the field goal didn't make sense...but 4th and goal from the 5 against that defense...you just dont do it...you guys wouldn't have put up any points if you had tried.

You shouldn't put your cart before the horse.

lets see if Dallas can stop the new found running game that the Vike's have First.

OK Patrick Crayton, calm down. Lets not forget that the Cowboys team were also expose in this game.The Cowboys have a horrible defense, especially in the secondary. And don't tell me its because Newman and Henry were hurt. Concerns about the secondary were voiced since first day of training camp. Roy Williams and Hamlin had yet another horrible, horrible game. I'm sorry, but your defense will never be legit as long as Roy Williams plays for the Cowboys. He is without a doubt one of the worse cover FS I have ever seen in my life.

The 2 legitament offense you guys have played has scored over 80 points against your defense. Offense wins games, but defense wins championship. Right now, you don't have a defense. Not even close....

OK Patrick Crayton, calm down. Lets not forget that the Cowboys team were also expose in this game.The Cowboys have a horrible defense, especially in the secondary. And don't tell me its because Newman and Henry were hurt. Concerns about the secondary were voiced since first day of training camp. Roy Williams and Hamlin had yet another horrible, horrible game. I'm sorry, but your defense will never be legit as long as Roy Williams plays for the Cowboys. He is without a doubt one of the worse cover FS I have ever seen in my life.

The 2 legitament offense you guys have played has scored over 80 points against your defense. Offense wins games, but defense wins championship. Right now, you don't have a defense. Not even close....

Labeling a defense as "horrible" after losing to arguably one of the most prolific offenses the league has seen in years (Brady is on pace to set records, in the event you haven't been watching), yet also arguing that it is irrelevant that defense's two starting corners have yet to play a full game together all year? Very interesting position, indeed.

While your assessment of Roy Williams is true, the Cowboys defense is not horrible. They are good against the run, and they are just now beginning to establish a pass rush with Ellis back.

While injuries did not lose the game for the Cowboys, you cannot discount the value of Anthony Henry. Aside from QB, CB may be the most difficult position to play and the hardest position to find quality players. Giants fans know more about that than anyone. Also, with Henry and Newman healthy, they can move Roy closer to the line, which is about all he is good at.

Nobody wants Jacque Reeves or Nate Jones playing a significant amount of time, yet I believe Reeves has started every single game. This is a major problem. And while Burress is good, I certainly doubt he would have had the luxory of the 10-12 yard cushion that Reeves was generously providing him in week 1 had Newman been playing.

Interestingly, arguing the Cowboys are "horrible" on defense really takes away from what both the Giants and Partriots accomplished, especially in light of the Cowboys injuries. When Manning is playing well, the Giants have one of the best offenses in the NFC. So I am happy to win a shoot out there. The Patriots are an entirely different story. Aside from Detroit, I don't see another team on the Cowboys schedule that are as well rounded on the offensive side of the ball as the Giants and Patriots. So if the CBs get healthy, I'm really not concerned.