SportsWrath

Back in the Mix!

Sephiroth

I call BS. Especially since we all know no player like to play for TC. ;)

yeah did you see that also at the last game, they were giving Tom high fives and patting him on the shoulder. Everyone hates him. I think it was all Tiki doing this.

I am not too familiar with the rules and regulations concerning contracts and the CBA....if a team cuts a player and that player is on the waiver wire waiting to clear do they have to take a contract offer or can they tell any team contacting them to shove off cause they want to sign to a teams practice squad?

This whole thing makes no sense. why even chance having Mix on the waiver wire why not just cut Todd Lowber or Brandon London off from the practice squad and place Hixon there?

Besides what does this Hixon have other than he plays ST's .

Burress is one bad cut to turning his ankle and re-spraining his re-sprained ankle and where would our Height advantage be? If not for Mix to come in? besides Burress plays on ST's when again? why have his back up do it also ? IF Mix gets banged up on a ST's play , how could he step in for Burress for a few plays or even if he gets hurt?

BTW Hixon is listed as 6-2 Mix is listed as 6-5

I feel we should put Toomer in the slot and have Mix and Burress opposite each other anyway. Imagine the Hight advantage on all the CB's the Giants WR's would have.

I am still waiting to see the Annexation of the Meadowlands play :P

Burress wide left , Mix wide right , Toomer in the slot left Shockey lined up on the right end of the Line. Burress and Mix running fade routes Toomer up and out to the side lines and Shockey going post. while Jacobs holds back any blitz or runs out in the open flat created by the posting Shockey. :ph34r:

Mix signs to practice squad!

Wow, who'd have thunk it?

And he had interest, but WANTED to stay with the Giants!

Hallelujah! Hope this one pays off for us! :TU:

Of course he wanted to stay with the Giants... he knows the health issues with their WRs. He figures it is his best place to get a chance to start this season. If he signs else where chances are he would be on the Practice Squad there too

I thought he couldn't be PSed again but it seems the PS rules are fairly flexible.

• Eligibility: Only players under contract on the 53-man active roster, which is cut to 45 (plus a third quarterback) 90 minutes before kickoff on game day, can play. All players, including those on the practice squad, must be signed to the active roster by 4 p.m. Saturday.

• Pay: Practice-squad players get a minimum of $4,700 a week, and almost all are paid the minimum. If they are signed to the active roster, they are paid on a pro-rated basis at the minimum salary level of $230,000 a year. One week's pay is $13,529, based on a 17-week work schedule.

Practice-squad players are considered free agents and can be signed by any team at any time.

• Practice squad rules: Teams can have a maximum of eight players on the practice squad. The limit was increased by three in 2004. Players credited with two or more NFL seasons are ineligible. There is no restriction for age or last season in college.

• Benefits: Practice-squad players aren't eligible for pension credits, 401(k) participation and other benefits included under the collective bargaining agreement. They are covered by the master health and medical plan.

• Practice availability: The benefit to a team signing a player to the practice squad is that he can practice with the team. A veteran who is not under contract can't.

For example, Wade Richey is an experienced kicker who worked out for the Lions on Tuesday. After the workout, he could have practiced with the team only if he was under contract. That would have forced the Lions to cut somebody from the 53-player active roster.

No player had to be cut while Hamilton practiced because he was not on the 53-player roster.

• Transaction deadline: It is 4 p.m. Saturday for Sunday games.

This whole thing makes no sense. why even chance having Mix on the waiver wire why not just cut Todd Lowber or Brandon London off from the practice squad and place Hixon there?

Burress is one bad cut to turning his ankle and re-spraining his re-sprained ankle and where would our Height advantage be? If not for Mix to come in? besides Burress plays on ST's when again? why have his back up do it also ? IF Mix gets banged up on a ST's play , how could he step in for Burress for a few plays or even if he gets hurt?

I feel we should put Toomer in the slot and have Mix and Burress opposite each other anyway. Imagine the Hight advantage on all the CB's the Giants WR's would have.

Burress wide left , Mix wide right , Toomer in the slot left Shockey lined up on the right end of the Line. Burress and Mix running fade routes Toomer up and out to the side lines and Shockey going post. while Jacobs holds back any blitz or runs out in the open flat created by the posting Shockey. :ph34r:

I firmly believe that you shoud immediately become the OC for the Giants. You really seem to have a firm grasp on how to put a td scoreing offensive on the field. I would only offer one suggestion, trade S. Loss for several cases of beer that can be shared by Giant players who contribute to the offense.

Good.

Cutting him now was the perfect time. No team is going to sign a project like him mid way through the year, when he is useless on special teams and can't help out the team. The Giants knew what they were doing, and we've had a little trouble with kick return coverage so far. Maybe this Hixon guy can help.

Good.

Cutting him now was the perfect time. No team is going to sign a project like him mid way through the year, when he is useless on special teams and can't help out the team. The Giants knew what they were doing, and we've had a little trouble with kick return coverage so far. Maybe this Hixon guy can help.

What ???? cant help out the team???? I am glad he is not(was not) on special teams he has (had) to be fresh to step in for Plax if Plax were to go down. Every player does not have to play or excel on St's Shockey,Toomer, S.Smith did you see these guys on ST's?

yeah did you see that also at the last game, they were giving Tom high fives and patting him on the shoulder. Everyone hates him. I think it was all Tiki doing this.

They have NEVER quit on the guy, so they can't hate him that much, can they?

Are you serious? We have pure talent in Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss and you want to demote our most consistent WR in Toomer to place a practice squad player into a starting role against arguably THE BEST secondaries in the whole NFL. The NFC East's defensive backfields are excellent! Anthony Mix was playing in preseason against second and third teams and in the one game, starters who were going half assed! WTF are you smoking man? Height does not always equal success at WR.

What ???? cant help out the team???? I am glad he is not(was not) on special teams he has (had) to be fresh to step in for Plax if Plax were to go down. Every player does not have to play or excel on St's Shockey,Toomer, S.Smith did you see these guys on ST's?

Plaxico is tearing it up dude, it's not like injury is effecting him on the field, I really don't see where you're so concerned; if he has to stay off it a bit during the week but can still bring it come Sunday, in my book, he's fine. I just don't see why you'd ever want Mix on the field this season...sure, work him as a project to replace Plax, MAYBE if he develops, he could be like Plax...BUT until he gets some experience, put our more talented players out there.

Are you serious? We have pure talent in Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss and you want to demote our most consistent WR in Toomer to place a practice squad player into a starting role against arguably THE BEST secondaries in the whole NFL. The NFC East's defensive backfields are excellent! Anthony Mix was playing in preseason against second and third teams and in the one game, starters who were going half assed! WTF are you smoking man? Height does not always equal success at WR.

relax brother it would be for just one play :rolleyes:

Plaxico is tearing it up dude, it's not like injury is effecting him on the field, I really don't see where you're so concerned; if he has to stay off it a bit during the week but can still bring it come Sunday, in my book, he's fine. I just don't see why you'd ever want Mix on the field this season...sure, work him as a project to replace Plax, MAYBE if he develops, he could be like Plax...BUT until he gets some experience, put our more talented players out there.

has (had) to be fresh to step in for Plax if Plax were to go down. (how many times can you sprain an ankle before all you have is a stubb?)

You have look at what the depth chart was before this. Moss and Smith are there to come in for Toomer or special play calls. Mix was there to come in for Burress

Also height is key,Toomer is 6-3 Moss is 5-8 Smith is 5-11 on the other side Burress and Mix are both 6-5 and Hixon is said to be 6-2

Do you realize that Mix is one year removed from spending an entire season on PS and is still incredibly raw?

There's obviously a reason the Giants felt the need to cut him, it was because he would be no help to the team this year. I'm sure they were happy to take him back on PS.

Even if Plax godforbid missed a game who knows how Mix would perform.

I know he had 3 catches against the Packers but I watched him towards the end of the game and he was getting pressed at the line, and couldn't get off. On Eli's dumb INT to that DE, he barely got off the line and when he did, he didn't even complete his route.

Trust me, if Plax misses a game or two, Mix doesn't have that big an impact. Especially if Smith is back by then.