SportsWrath

Today's thoughts..........by jack hand...., I mean me

boohyah

I'm not going to write of the season yet, there's a lot of teams 0-2. Look around the league and you'll see a lot of teams losing their home openers. Perhaps not as badly as this, but still losing. I'd accuse the Packers of stealing our signs, but fact is, we didn't have any.

First things first, once again Derrick Ward stepped up. When Jacobs gets back, Ward has earned some right to share the snaps. He's been the one highlight.

Front line on the defense was okay. I've said this before but I feel Tuck has the potential to be a great defensive end. Robbins was better this week.

The Linebacking situation is absolutely shit. Kiwi was better, but it's fucking terrible having this kid out there hanging. That said, these are the types of games Pierce needs to step and be a leader and it's not the first time he's failed. Kiwi has played bad because of lack of experience, what the hell was Kawika Mitchell's excuse for that God awful display. I guess we can see what $1 million buys you, not much. He should have been pulled for that. And another thing, there's fuck all rotatation at linebacker. I don't think Blackburn should ever start, but he's an effort guy and it looks like he barely plays.

The secondary again a mess, but it's one thing to not be very good, it's another thing to blow tackles. Butler has done nothing in 2 games and with Demps gone now, we are left with this huge gamble. I want to give him more time though. That said, I backed up Corey Webster last year and in his 1st 2 games this year, he has shown how wrong it looks I'm going to be. Corey, wrap your arms around the fucking wideout will ya?

Madison was poor. If it continues like this then just throw Ross in there full time and see what he can do.

Doesn't Zak De Ossie snap?

Eli was so so, but that int was pathetic. It's the sort of thing that just keeps him looking so ordinary. I think his shoulder was truly bothering him.

Burress once again pulls up lame just running a route, WTF??. Shockey and Toomer showed deplorable leadership today giving away dumb penalities. The offensive line tried hard and did some good things out there.

I like Matthews, I think he's got a chance to stick around.

Our special teams play today was simply shit. Even on the Bradshaw fumble we had a player standing over fumble with the ball at his feet and he didn't even notice. Devin Hester has us pencilled in on his calendar as his "record breaking day".

Coaching: You know what, offensively it wasn't bad. Defensively, anything would have been better than last week, However Aikman made a good point, in that we simply don't have the personnel for Spagnolo this year. That's what happens when you don't draft according to your needs and you now have a defensive lineman playing linebacker I guess.

I don't pin this loss too much on Coughlin, too many guys, experienced guys mind you, played like rookies today.

Linebacking was abysmal ! ....but what options do we have ?

Kiwi , Pierce , Mitchell .........or DeOssie , Torbor , Blackburn , Wilkinson ......just not good enough.

...and where was the pressure and pass rush from our DE's ....nowhere !

This system has no chance without a pass rush !

Madison is too old , Corey is a bust

Robbins played well ....he was the ONLY one

Long Season ahead !

Linebacking was abysmal ! ....but what options do we have ?

Kiwi , Pierce , Mitchell .........or DeOssie , Torbor , Blackburn , Wilkinson ......just not good enough.

...and where was the pressure and pass rush from our DE's ....nowhere !

This system has no chance without a pass rush !

Madison is too old , Corey is a bust

Robbins played well ....he was the ONLY one

Long Season ahead !

Osi played good, esp since he just suffered a knee injury. He and Robbins were the only ones though.

I'm not going to write of the season yet, there's a lot of teams 0-2. Look around the league and you'll see a lot of teams losing their home openers. Perhaps not as badly as this, but still losing. I'd accuse the Packers of stealing our signs, but fact is, we didn't have any.

First things first, once again Derrick Ward stepped up. When Jacobs gets back, Ward has earned some right to share the snaps. He's been the one highlight.

Front line on the defense was okay. I've said this before but I feel Tuck has the potential to be a great defensive end. Robbins was better this week.

The Linebacking situation is absolutely shit. Kiwi was better, but it's fucking terrible having this kid out there hanging. That said, these are the types of games Pierce needs to step and be a leader and it's not the first time he's failed. Kiwi has played bad because of lack of experience, what the hell was Kawika Mitchell's excuse for that God awful display. I guess we can see what $1 million buys you, not much. He should have been pulled for that. And another thing, there's fuck all rotatation at linebacker. I don't think Blackburn should ever start, but he's an effort guy and it looks like he barely plays.

The secondary again a mess, but it's one thing to not be very good, it's another thing to blow tackles. Butler has done nothing in 2 games and with Demps gone now, we are left with this huge gamble. I want to give him more time though. That said, I backed up Corey Webster last year and in his 1st 2 games this year, he has shown how wrong it looks I'm going to be. Corey, wrap your arms around the fucking wideout will ya?

Madison was poor. If it continues like this then just throw Ross in there full time and see what he can do.

Eli was so so, but that int was pathetic. It's the sort of thing that just keeps him looking so ordinary. I think his shoulder was truly bothering him.

Burress once again pulls up lame just running a route, WTF??. Shockey and Toomer showed deplorable leadership today giving away dumb penalities. The offensive line tried hard and did some good things out there.

Our special teams play today was simply shit. Even on the Bradshaw fumble we had a player standing over fumble with the ball at his feet and he didn't even notice. Devin Hester has us pencilled in on his calendar as his "record breaking day".

Coaching: You know what, offensively it wasn't bad. Defensively, anything would have been better than last week, However Aikman made a good point, in that we simply don't have the personnel for Spagnolo this year. That's what happens when you don't draft according to your needs and you now have a defensive lineman playing linebacker I guess.

I don't pin this loss too much on Coughlin, too many guys, experienced guys mind you, played like rookies today.

Shockey, definatley. Toomers was bullshit. He got pushed down in the back, then was getting stepped on. That was complete bullshit.

Shockey slapped the ball down cause he was pissed that he got stopped. The penalty was supposed to be enforced after the play. The refs screwed up.

Toomer's penalty was bullshit and shouldn't have been called at all.

It was the right call. It's just a dumb rule. The new rule applied to spiking the ball is enforced as if the play is still going. Dumb, but they got it right.

And not as dumb as Shockey spiking the ball.

I heard on NFL radio this morning that Shockey's comments were something along the line of, "That's how I play. I can't play any other way. If they want me to play another way, maybe I oughtta start looking for a new profession."

Well, yeah... if you're going to cost your team third-down conversions and have TD passes bounce off your hands... THEN hurt your team with dumb penalties... I think you might be right, Shock. :TD:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we should have traded that guy.

It was the right call. It's just a dumb rule. The new rule applied to spiking the ball is enforced as if the play is still going. Dumb, but they got it right.

And not as dumb as Shockey spiking the ball.

I heard on NFL radio this morning that Shockey's comments were something along the line of, "That's how I play. I can't play any other way. If they want me to play another way, maybe I oughtta start looking for a new profession."

Well, yeah... if you're going to cost your team third-down conversions and have TD passes bounce off your hands... THEN hurt your team with dumb penalties... I think you might be right, Shock. :TD:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we should have traded that guy.

Weren't they (Aikman and that other guy) saying that a Senior official told them that it was ruled as if the play was over? I could be wrong, but I swear that's what I heard. Also if I'm correct, then why don't senior officials know the rules?

Also, they need to define SPIKING THE BALL, cause I'm pretty sure that Shockey didn't get up and slam the ball down on the ground. He slapped it out of his own hand. If that's called then they should be calling Delay of Game every time a player flips the ball out of his hand after a play. I understand trying to tone down taunting, but that rule is bullshit.

Weren't they (Aikman and that other guy) saying that a Senior official told them that it was ruled as if the play was over? I could be wrong, but I swear that's what I heard. Also if I'm correct, then why don't senior officials know the rules?

Also, they need to define SPIKING THE BALL, cause I'm pretty sure that Shockey didn't get up and slam the ball down on the ground. He slapped it out of his own hand. If that's called then they should be calling Delay of Game every time a player flips the ball out of his hand after a play. I understand trying to tone down taunting, but that rule is bullshit.

I think Shockey's penalty was bullshit too because he barely spiked the ball. Apparently the offsetting penalty call was correct though. I have to admit that this team has no discipline and doesn't seem to really give a shit if the season ends up 1-15 (especially Shockey and his whatever attitude). Coughlin is a lame duck.

And that bullshit about Spags not having the personell doesn't say much about him as a D coordinator. Any good leader has to make due with what personell he has and adjust. The Patriots hardly had all pro bowl teams but they found a way to win (like using a WR on defense).

That's what Aikman was saying at first...something along the lines of "I was lead to believe..." But then a little later he said that the call on the field was in line with the rule. They must have checked it out in the meantime.

MY THOUGHT: The road to the Superbowl runs through Dallas.

Dallas is going to dissapoint you. You and all the writers are crowning them after beating one dismal defense and another average D with an O that has NO receivers. Theyre not that impressive. Egg, dont tell me your dumb enough to believe in Dallas at this point?

Dallas is going to dissapoint you. You and all the writers are crowning them after beating one dismal defense and another average D with an O that has NO receivers. Theyre not that impressive. Egg, dont tell me your dumb enough to believe in Dallas at this point?

In the NFC, Badegg is not far off in his assessment (or homerism). Fact is the NFC is for grabs, and right now all you can see is Dallas and the Bears.

I gotta disagree with a couple things here.

#1 Ward sucks. He didnt play well at all. He had like 2 good runs the whole game.

#2 Eli hit shockey 5 different times right in the hands and he dropped all of them. if he had caught them, that would have made Eli 21 of 29. Which would have made Eli look really good. There were other drops to, which brings me to my next comment.

#2 Mathews sucks. I cant even conceive what it is about him that you like. So far he has dropped more balls than he's caught, including a perfect TD pass against Dallas. I give him pass, cause he's a rook, but he hasnt shown anything so far.

Aside from that , I agree.

#1 Ward sucks. He didnt play well at all. He had like 2 good runs the whole game.

#2 Eli hit shockey 5 different times right in the hands and he dropped all of them. if he had caught them, that would have made Eli 21 of 29. Which would have made Eli look really good. There were other drops to, which brings me to my next comment.

#2 Mathews sucks. I cant even conceive what it is about him that you like. So far he has dropped more balls than he's caught, including a perfect TD pass against Dallas. I give him pass, cause he's a rook, but he hasnt shown anything so far.

I brought this same fact up to egg before, ironically. :rolleyes:

I agree, fuckin crap, and dumb actions to boot.

Matthews is a good blocker and looks like he could have a career in this league. He dropped a bad pass last week but I think he could end up being a good number 2. He is only a rookie, a free agent one at that.

Ward did play fine, in the overall scope of the offense, he more than held up his side of the bargain.

Matthews is a good blocker and looks like he could have a career in this league. He dropped a bad pass last week but I think he could end up being a good number 2. He is only a rookie, a free agent one at that.

Ward did play fine, in the overall scope of the offense, he more than held up his side of the bargain.

Mathews hasnt had a "bad pass" thrown at him yet. Every pass he dropped hit him right in the hands. Ive been paying close attention to Mathews. So far, he sucks.

Ward did not play fine at all. He had a couple big runs to pad the stats. There wasnt any consistancy what so ever.

Mathews hasnt had a "bad pass" thrown at him yet. Every pass he dropped hit him right in the hands. Ive been paying close attention to Mathews. So far, he sucks.

Ward did not play fine at all. He had a couple big runs to pad the stats. There wasnt any consistancy what so ever.

But its only his second game and he showed the ability find the holes and catch the ball outta the backfield pretty nicely. 90 yds a game and one of them had over 300 yds passing? Not too bad.