SportsWrath

Today's thoughts..........by jack hand...., I mean me

boohyah

Mathews hasnt had a "bad pass" thrown at him yet. Every pass he dropped hit him right in the hands. Ive been paying close attention to Mathews. So far, he sucks.

Ward did not play fine at all. He had a couple big runs to pad the stats. There wasnt any consistancy what so ever.

How many "big runs" does a running back average a game?. Would you rather he have none?. How does a guy pad his stats in a game where the Giants clearly had to focus on throwing the ball most of the second half?.

Matthews has had 2 games as a rookie. He blocks well (which is a good trait for a tight end). He came to camp as a rookie free agent and has already jumped in front of the project Boss. He dropped some passes but so did Shockey, are we saying he sucks also?

It was the right call. It's just a dumb rule. The new rule applied to spiking the ball is enforced as if the play is still going. Dumb, but they got it right.

And not as dumb as Shockey spiking the ball.

I heard on NFL radio this morning that Shockey's comments were something along the line of, "That's how I play. I can't play any other way. If they want me to play another way, maybe I oughtta start looking for a new profession."

Well, yeah... if you're going to cost your team third-down conversions and have TD passes bounce off your hands... THEN hurt your team with dumb penalties... I think you might be right, Shock. :TD:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we should have traded that guy.

I agree with you Seph. Two touchdown passes bounce off of his hands while not perfect passes were still catchable. Guarantee you Whitten catches those; its not as if Eli was ever mistaken for a cannon.

Dallas is going to dissapoint you. You and all the writers are crowning them after beating one dismal defense and another average D with an O that has NO receivers. Theyre not that impressive. Egg, dont tell me your dumb enough to believe in Dallas at this point?

What you say is true. Though the Dolphins defense is not horrible and Chambers is not bad. Right now, though, just two weeks in, the Cowboys look to be the most well rounded team in a suspect conference. We will see.

What you say is true. Though the Dolphins defense is not horrible and Chambers is not bad. Right now, though, just two weeks in, the Cowboys look to be the most well rounded team in a suspect conference. We will see.

Well rounded?? That would mean they have a defense. The Redskins sound more ROUNDED than the Cowboys.

How many "big runs" does a running back average a game?. Would you rather he have none?. How does a guy pad his stats in a game where the Giants clearly had to focus on throwing the ball most of the second half?.

A RB doesnt have to have any big runs. I'd FAR rather he just ran consistantly. Get us in 3rd and short situations. Unless his couple big runs go across the goal line, they dont do much for our passing game. Or give the element of surprise on 3rd down.

Matthews has had 2 games as a rookie. He blocks well (which is a good trait for a tight end). He came to camp as a rookie free agent and has already jumped in front of the project Boss. He dropped some passes but so did Shockey, are we saying he sucks also?

I know he's a rookie, I said I give him pass. Im just saying he's had quit a few drops that have REALLY hurt us. Shockey is a proven vet. We know he is going to have some very good games. But to answer your question, YES last sunday Shockey sucked.

ward had 90 yards on 15 carries. so what if he picked them up in chunks? that's how tiki used to get his yards too

And its one of the reason this team never went anywhere but a embarasing superbowl apperance, in a extremly weak NFC. Tiki hardly ever ran consitantly. He would litteraly suck 85% of games, then break out a couple to pad the stats.

Well rounded?? That would mean they have a defense. The Redskins sound more ROUNDED than the Cowboys.

New system. No Ellis. No Newman. Just wait.

And write this day down in history, as I will give credit where credit is due. Part of their "defensive problems" the first week of the season was the fact that Eli was on fire.

And its one of the reason this team never went anywhere but a embarasing superbowl apperance, in a extremly weak NFC. Tiki hardly ever ran consitantly. He would litteraly suck 85% of games, then break out a couple to pad the stats.

I can only say one word to describe this statement.

WOW!! :o

And write this day down in history, as I will give credit where credit is due. Part of their "defensive problems" the first week of the season was the fact that Eli was on fire.

:o

Back to storing canned goods in the basement...that comet is on it's way RIGHT NOW!!!

:P

I can only say one word to describe this statement.

WOW!! :o

Wow what? Its the truth. If you cant run CONSISTANTLY you cant win big games. Im not saying Barber never ran consistantly, but many many times he didnt. You tell me how getting -2, 1, then 40 yards helps your qb on 3rd down? Barber would either break one out, or it would be 3rd and long. This isnt brain surgery brother. If we can get and keep Jacobs healthy you will soon see exactly what I mean.

Wow what? Its the truth. If you cant run CONSISTANTLY you cant win big games. Im not saying Barber never ran consistantly, but many many times he didnt. You tell me how getting -2, 1, then 40 yards helps your qb on 3rd down? Barber would either break one out, or it would be 3rd and long. This isnt brain surgery brother. If we can get and keep Jacobs healthy you will soon see exactly what I mean.

Dude, for you to utter the comment "Tiki Barber sucked 85% of the time" makes me say "wow", for several reasons.

1) How did you calculate 85%?

2) You musn't have watched the same games I did, I mean almost realistic Giant fans would realize that Tiki pulled the offense out of the fire nearly every game since he stopped fumbling. He was in on nearly every down on offense. But now you've brought up Jacobs and said watch how Jacobs does it when he gets back. Jacobs is as guilty of getting zero yards as any, hell against the Pats in preseason he took 4 tries to get in from the one!.Furthermore, Jacobs has already missed games because of injury despite his size, how many did Tiki miss in a career. C-mon jay, you're going off on a tangent here.

As for this "pad the stats". How does a guy "pad the stats" when the team is trying to get back into the game. How many times over the years have the Giants been in a position where a guy played to pad his stats. Even when Stray broke the sack record on the Favre dive, the guy had 21 legit ones before that. "pad the stats" and Giants football simply don't go together.

Dude, for you to utter the comment "Tiki Barber sucked 85% of the time" makes me say "wow", for several reasons.

1) How did you calculate 85%?

The same way most statistics are made. :P

2) You musn't have watched the same games I did, I mean almost realistic Giant fans would realize that Tiki pulled the offense out of the fire nearly every game since he stopped fumbling. He was in on nearly every down on offense. But now you've brought up Jacobs and said watch how Jacobs does it when he gets back. Jacobs is as guilty of getting zero yards as any, hell against the Pats in preseason he took 4 tries to get in from the one!.Furthermore, Jacobs has already missed games because of injury despite his size, how many did Tiki miss in a career. C-mon jay, you're going off on a tangent here.

Well Tiki had other aspects of his game, his ability to catch outta the back feild was big. Is it fair to bring up the fact that Brandon took 4 shots to get in against 8 in the box? I dont think so. But even still, Tiki wouldnt have gotten in at all. He was never good on the goal line, hence the reason he has so few rushing TD's. I also said if we can get and keep Jacobs healthy. If his health is going to be a problem, then it wont be comparable, obviously. Everyone praises Ward for his 2 good runs, then craps on Jacobs for getting a litteral 4 yards a carry against the boys. As if that makes any sence at all. He was putting us in 3rd and short situations, and the offense was obviously thriving from it. That type of grinding offense is consistant, and very hard to stop.

I never bashed Tiki for being injured

As for this "pad the stats". How does a guy "pad the stats" when the team is trying to get back into the game. How many times over the years have the Giants been in a position where a guy played to pad his stats. Even when Stray broke the sack record on the Favre dive, the guy had 21 legit ones before that. "pad the stats" and Giants football simply don't go together.

Im not saying Tiki purposly padded his stats. It just ended up that way. When you subtract 2 to 3 running plays from 30 and it drops your average from 5.5, to 2.3, That means most of the game you were not consistant. I'd rather we had a running back that was able to get 3 to 5 yards everytime he touched the ball ( obviously not on goal line situations, but between the 20's) Then a runner who gets 1 to 3 yards a carry, and a occasional big run.