SportsWrath

Could the team bounce back?

osi724dasack

The season is looking really bad...but its not over

Next week is do or die

If the D shows up and plays well and gets some confidence then that can carry...but they need to make some starting lineup changes of course.

And the O should be able to pick the Skins D apart for a good 17-24 points.

The D has to stop Portis, and Moss though..and is Cooley still a Skin? If so then they are gonna have to have the middle of the field covered...perhaps a zone D??? ever think of that?

but ya its not looking good...but hey its not over just yet

The season is looking really bad...but its not over

Next week is do or die

If the D shows up and plays well and gets some confidence then that can carry...but they need to make some starting lineup changes of course.

And the O should be able to pick the Skins D apart for a good 17-24 points.

The D has to stop Portis, and Moss though..and is Cooley still a Skin? If so then they are gonna have to have the middle of the field covered...perhaps a zone D??? ever think of that?

but ya its not looking good...but hey its not over just yet

Lets just hope you are right. Im hoping they do, but the signs are ominous. This has a been a quagmire for too long and nobody has bothered to clean it up for the last few offseasons.

Somebody someday might make a casestudy of the NY Giants drafts the last few years and use it in a lot of schools and coaching centres on how not to draft.

Cooley, Santana Moss, and Antwaan Randel El should have big first halfs. Then comes Portis in the 2nd half. Then the play action. I can't wait.

Go Giants!

Look on the bright side, maybe our average points given up per game will drop below 40...don't get excited, I said maybe. It could increase...after all Cleveland did ring up 51 on the Bengals.

Cooley, Santana Moss, and Antwaan Randel El should have big first halfs. Then comes Portis in the 2nd half. Then the play action. I can't wait.

Go Giants!

Look on the bright side, maybe our average points given up per game will drop below 40...don't get excited, I said maybe. It could increase...after all Cleveland did ring up 51 on the Bengals.

:cwy::cwy:

This sucks, I cant believe how bad we are.

I can't believe how much this fan base gives up. You think the team gives up easily, you should take two steps back and see the way it looks.

That's why the stadium is quiet; that's why other teams have vibrant fan bases that stick.

I don't know if we'll rebound; so far, we look terrible on D. We can't get worse and I've never seen a team or a unit stay this bad all year.

So, to the originator of this thread: I think we'll bounce back too and show some guts. We can only go up and it's hard to keep good men down. Did we all of a sudden become the weakest on D? I don't think so...

We MUST beat Washington and then Philly the following week. Take care of the rest of the divisional games, and lose only 1-2 other conference games and they could be alright. But that's a tall order. The offense will have to score 28+ each game from here on out to realistically give this team any shot to win.

Right now this team need to be 3-3 to have some sort of shot at a decent season. Next 4 weeks are @Wash, Philly, Jets, @Atlanta.

In all honesty its still in there hands, if they can somehow win the next 2 get to 2-2 and 2-1 in the div things can look up, but I highly doubt it. This defense is a putrid as you can get and when you look at the guys who should be the leaders on this squad you shudder. In all honesty IMO ELI is the guy I have most confidence in to lead these schmucks, as opposed to perennial overrating stiffs like Strahan, Shockey, and of course the Chief Osi.

Right now this team need to be 3-3 to have some sort of shot at a decent season. Next 4 weeks are @Wash, Philly, Jets, @Atlanta.

In all honesty its still in there hands, if they can somehow win the next 2 get to 2-2 and 2-1 in the div things can look up, but I highly doubt it. This defense is a putrid as you can get and when you look at the guys who should be the leaders on this squad you shudder. In all honesty IMO ELI is the guy I have most confidence in to lead these schmucks, as opposed to perennial overrating stiffs like Strahan, Shockey, and of course the Chief Osi.

Eli seems fin this year, it's the defense, he can;t lead them, it seems like antonio is the only guy on the field.

I can't believe how much this fan base gives up. You think the team gives up easily, you should take two steps back and see the way it looks.

That's why the stadium is quiet; that's why other teams have vibrant fan bases that stick.

I don't know if we'll rebound; so far, we look terrible on D. We can't get worse and I've never seen a team or a unit stay this bad all year.

So, to the originator of this thread: I think we'll bounce back too and show some guts. We can only go up and it's hard to keep good men down. Did we all of a sudden become the weakest on D? I don't think so...

You are partially correct. But the 'Stadium being quiet' thing is a result of long time fans pissed at the product on D. You cannot tell a HARD working citizen that paid big bucks for his seats to LOVE this 'new' weak ass D we got! Would you like the Giants stadium fans to boo the D? Or remain quiet. Face it, I don't know any true Giants fans that can get used to this soft ass D. Blue used to wreck shop!!!!

And right now...I'd have to say that the Raiders, Texans and Detriot's D is better than the Giants. For real!

This defense is a putrid as you can get and when you look at the guys who should be the leaders on this squad you shudder. In all honesty IMO ELI is the guy I have most confidence in to lead these schmucks, as opposed to perennial overrating stiffs like Strahan, Shockey, and of course the Chief Osi.

Man, did you hit the nail on the head. A guy on Sirius was talking about Shockey today and said something to the effect of "people talk about him being a team leader and this and that... but Giants fans are beginning to realize that he is what he is. He's better than you've had in a long time but still not that great and overrated... shows up for a big play and a big mess-up each game."

The guy must have been reading my posts.

Strahan will probably still end up with 6-8 sacks (barring injury... hopefully he hasn't been doing the Jerry Reese conditioning program in SoCal), but will complain and blow up when things go south, as will Shockey. "Plax is lax" but he's not an overt asshole like some of the other people on this team are... if we have to keep a dickhead, I say we keep him.

Outside of Eli... these are the "leaders" on this team. Pierce has the leadership angle too, but hasn't backed it up this year so far.