SportsWrath

It does not matter now but

xxi-xxv

Crayton was offsides on the last TD. Profotballtalk reported it this morning and also heard it on Sirius. Watched it on my DVR and saw it. No complaints because they just would have converted the 3rd and 12 instead of 3rd and 7, but you never know.

Crayton was offsides on the last TD. Profotballtalk reported it this morning and also heard it on Sirius. Watched it on my DVR and saw it. No complaints because they just would have converted the 3rd and 12 instead of 3rd and 7, but you never know.

thats pretty much par for the course when the Giants are playing

1 phantom calls on them

2 no calls for them.

I'm not sure what the true interpretation of the rule is, but it looked like Eli may have been horse collared on the play in which he was injured as well.

I'm not sure what the true interpretation of the rule is, but it looked like Eli may have been horse collared on the play in which he was injured as well.

I was actually driving home when the 2 point fail happened. Listening to it on the radio. The announcer said "Where's the facemask?" Then he goes on about how its blatant and all that, next thing you know a flag is thrown and he says" There it is, so this will be Giants ball and they'll get to try again". The call....Illegal formation on the offense, you pretty much felt the announcer thinking, what the fuck? lol.

I was actually driving home when the 2 point fail happened. Listening to it on the radio. The announcer said "Where's the facemask?" Then he goes on about how its blatant and all that, next thing you know a flag is thrown and he says" There it is, so this will be Giants ball and they'll get to try again". The call....Illegal formation on the offense, you pretty much felt the announcer thinking, what the fuck? lol.

I don't remember seeing a facemask, but the defender definitely had his hand inside the back of Eli's pads. Do they teach this technique in Dallas??

also, I still don't believe Owen's first td was a catch.

I burned the game to dvd and watched it 50 times, I still think he didn't have control when they were counting that first foot down. Doesn't matter now tho....

I'm glad someone brought this up, because I remember thinking the same thing.

They probably would have scored anyway, though............................

Oh, and on one of those 3rd down conversions they made the playclock ran out according to the clock on the TV.

I saw that, the :00 was there for a good second at least and no flag. Either the playclock on the screen was wrong or the officials gave Romo an extra breath....I am going to go with #2.

Since we are going with the missed call thread, how about the missed blatent holding call on Barbers touchdown run around the right side of the defense. I'm not sure who the offensive player was (TE or WR) but as Barber made the cut to the outside, the blocker grabed Kiwi (I think) under both sides of his shoulder pads. Kiwi tried to push him of 3 times but got pulled back. Kiwi was on the outside of the blocker.

It must be easy to seal the corner when you can hold the defensive players by their shoulder pads. Again no comment or replay from Michaels or Madden.

I rewound this play 3 times to watch it. Blatent hold not called allowing a touchdown.

also, I still don't believe Owen's first td was a catch.

I burned the game to dvd and watched it 50 times, I still think he didn't have control when they were counting that first foot down. Doesn't matter now tho....

Im glad you pointed this out. I stopped complaining about things like this, because it just comes off as a sore loser. But that was ABSOLUTLEY NOT... a TD. No question.

Since we are going with the missed call thread, how about the missed blatent holding call on Barbers touchdown run around the right side of the defense. I'm not sure who the offensive player was (TE or WR) but as Barber made the cut to the outside, the blocker grabed Kiwi (I think) under both sides of his shoulder pads. Kiwi tried to push him of 3 times but got pulled back. Kiwi was on the outside of the blocker.

It must be easy to seal the corner when you can hold the defensive players by their shoulder pads. Again no comment or replay from Michaels or Madden.

I rewound this play 3 times to watch it. Blatent hold not called allowing a touchdown.

I thought they showed a replay of that one from field level....because I saw a Giants player get held in just the way you describe and he points at him and yells at the official after Barber scores. Hockulea's team is one of the teams that the Giant's have had on their radar ever since the SuperBowl and Hockulea's guy called the phantom hold on Hamilton. That I have still not seen. :brooding:

I thought they showed a replay of that one from field level....because I saw a Giants player get held in just the way you describe and he points at him and yells at the official after Barber scores. Hockulea's team is one of the teams that the Giant's have had on their radar ever since the SuperBowl and Hockulea's guy called the phantom hold on Hamilton. That I have still not seen. :brooding:

Its Ed HOCHULI. I used to work for him in one of his firms here in AZ.

Bastard has something out for us, Im still pissed about the phantom holding call on HAmmer. :brooding:

Its Ed HOCHULI. I used to work for him in one of his firms here in AZ.

Bastard has something out for us, Im still pissed about the phantom holding call on HAmmer. :brooding:

Thanks for the correction BB...I think Hochuli had some connection with the Giants in the past....either as a mediocre undrafted free agent; or worked for the main office. :huh: I believe the Giants would have still lost this game...but there have been too many instances over the years that Hochuli's crews come up with some inventive calls or selective blindness. Whenever I see him or his crew I know the Giants will have at least one illegal crackback called; an iffy TD called a touchdown for the other team; and no or at most one holding call against the opposing line. I would like to see his crews stats on calls for illegal crack backs against teams that specialize in them like the '69'ers. :rolleyes:

And concerning the infamous call on Hamilton. I have been watching football since the year the Jets won the Superbowl against the Colts; and I had yet to see that penalty called, that is until the Giants played the Ravens in the Superbowl. The OL and DL do everything in the trenches except marry each other...and you are going to make a call that no one in their right minds would call otherwise, during a critical moment in the game. I have a ton of relatives in Baltimore and the first thing I ask them is "do you still light your candles at the Hochuli shrine at the stadium?". That usually shuts them up. I bet Trent Dilfer gives him a complimentary blow every year as payback for disallowing Dilfer's patented giveaway interception for a touchdown once every other game. ;)