SportsWrath

I'm sick of hearing blame on the def for the loss.

Nesta

Yeah they sucked all year, but they stepped it up for the playoffs.

You can't deny that a field goal wouldn't have helped the egals if we had taken advantage of what the defense gave us in the first half.

11 drives total and the d gave up 2 TD's and 3 FG's.

That's 6 drives they stopped. Not to mention the 3 they stopped deep in egal territory.

Our offense is supposed to be the strength of this team. They've got all the talent, yet don't produce.

Blaming the d for giving up a fieldgoal in the last drive is ridiculous when it was the offense who put us in the position to lose by a fg.

Drive 1

Philadelphia Eagles at 11:42

1-10-PHI9 (11:42) B.Westbrook left tackle to PHI 10 for 1 yard (B.Cofield).

2-9-PHI10 (11:05) J.Garcia pass incomplete short right to R.Brown.

3-9-PHI10 (10:59) (Shotgun) J.Garcia sacked at PHI 3 for -7 yards (O.Umenyiora).

4-16-PHI3 (10:28) D.Johnson punts 57 yards to NYG 40, Center-J.Dorenbos. R.McQuarters to PHI 49 for 11 yards (Q.Mikell).

Drive 2

Philadelphia Eagles at 09:03

1-10-PHI20 (9:03) J.Garcia pass incomplete short right to B.Westbrook.

2-10-PHI20 (9:00) B.Westbrook left end to PHI 24 for 4 yards (B.Short).

3-6-PHI24 (8:16) (Shotgun) J.Garcia scrambles left end to PHI 28 for 4 yards (M.Kiwanuka).

4-2-PHI28 (7:41) D.Johnson punts 24 yards to NYG 48, Center-J.Dorenbos, out of bounds.

Drive 3

1-10-PHI2 (5:10) J.Garcia pass short left to B.Westbrook to PHI 8 for 6 yards (G.Wilson, F.Robbins).

2-4-PHI8 (4:29) C.Buckhalter right tackle to PHI 10 for 2 yards (C.Blackburn).

3-2-PHI10 (4:29) PENALTY on PHI-R.Brown, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 10 - No Play.

3-7-PHI5 (3:24) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete short left to D.Stallworth (S.Madison).

4-7-PHI5 (3:20) D.Johnson punts 51 yards to NYG 44, Center-J.Dorenbos. R.McQuarters to PHI 46 for 10 yards (Q.Mikell).

Drive 7

1-10-PHI26 (14:53) B.Westbrook right end to PHI 37 for 11 yards. FUMBLES, ball out of bounds at PHI 37.

PENALTY on NYG-G.Wilson, Face Mask (5 Yards), 5 yards, enforced at PHI 37.

1-10-PHI42 (14:35) B.Westbrook up the middle to PHI 43 for 1 yard (W.Joseph).

2-9-PHI43 (13:54) J.Garcia sacked at PHI 35 for -8 yards (C.Blackburn).

3-17-PHI35 (13:16) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete short left to H.Baskett (G.Wilson).

4-17-PHI35 (13:08) D.Johnson punts 54 yards to NYG 11, Center-J.Dorenbos. R.McQuarters to NYG 11 for no gain (J.Hanson). FUMBLES (J.Hanson), and recovers at NYG 10. R.McQuarters to NYG 10 for no gain (T.Daniels).

Drive 8

1-10-NYG42 (10:53) J.Garcia pass incomplete deep middle to D.Stallworth (R.McQuarters).

2-10-NYG42 (10:47) B.Westbrook left tackle to NYG 43 for -1 yards (B.Cofield, M.Kiwanuka).

3-11-NYG43 (10:09) J.Garcia pass short left to H.Baskett to NYG 38 for 5 yards (G.Wilson).

4-6-NYG38 (9:37) D.Johnson punts 37 yards to NYG 1, Center-J.Dorenbos, downed by PHI-G.Lewis.

Drive 10

1-10-PHI29 (14:43) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass short middle to T.Tapeh to PHI 34 for 5 yards (B.Short).

2-5-PHI34 (14:08) B.Westbrook right end to PHI 37 for 3 yards (J.Bell).

3-2-PHI37 (13:25) B.Westbrook left tackle to PHI 39 for 2 yards (W.Joseph).

1-10-PHI39 (12:42) J.Garcia pass incomplete short right to R.Brown (W.Demps).

2-10-PHI39 (12:35) J.Garcia pass incomplete deep right to R.Brown (J.Bell).

3-10-PHI39 (12:31) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete deep right to R.Brown (J.Bell) [O.Umenyiora].

4-10-PHI39 (12:25) D.Johnson punts 49 yards to NYG 12, Center-J.Dorenbos. R.McQuarters to NYG 20 for 8 yards (O.Gaither).

The D gave up 23 points in total. Sure the D played ok but on that last drive they needed to do better than just ok. The sputtered in the 2nd and 3rd Qtr but that's coaching more than anything.

There's enough blame to go around O, D, or Coaching...

I cringe every time I think about how many times were were at the 50 or in their territory to start the game. We should have put up anywhere from 6-14 more points and possible put the Eagles into a hole they could not get out of. We could have put them away.

Just think of it like this Nesta. The O scored when they need too, and the D couldn't stop the Eagles when it counted. Game Over...

That's where you're wrong. The offense didn't score when they needed to. They sputtered and put up field goals when they should've gotten td's. They didn't even score when it was most convenient for them to do so. 3 trips into Eagle terriotory and 0 points. And you want to blame the defense cause we lost by a last second fg?

Our d has sucked all year, so don't you think that should put more pressure on the off to score? Let alone when they're given the gift of great field position?

Come on. The game is defined by 4 quarters not just the 4th quarter.

:confused:

They pretty much let Philly run it down their throats with a 150 lbs Runningback. I don't know who else to blame...

Westbrook is 203. 2lbs lighter than Tiki. They didn't run it down our throats either. One big play, and 3 or 4 good gains other than that one.

Our offense is supposed to be the strength of this team. They've got all the talent, yet don't produce.

Blaming the d for giving up a fieldgoal in the last drive is ridiculous when it was the offense who put us in the position to lose by a fg.

What Talent? 2 of our best players are IR'ed. And the other (shockey) couldn't walk let alone run? The only talent on the team right now is Plax, Tiki, and Eli. What good are Plax and Eli if they dont have any other Wr's?

Oh and teams win the game in the 4th Quarter...You dont win in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd you win in the 4th....Let me show a couple of exaples...Phili game 1...Tenn...get my drift

The O put this team in a position to win and thats a FACT.... the D did what it has been doing all year long...Shiting the bed in the 4th and thats a fact !!

Pretty much the defense had an answer for Jeff Garcia but the D NEVER had an answer for Westbrook. Westbrook = Giant Killer.

Who else is there to blam BUT the defense? Stiffs at outside LB, corners that are playing out of their style (Madison and McQ are press cover guys, but they were in prevent defense all night) and no depth at the DT position.

What Talent? 2 of our best players are IR'ed. And the other (shockey) couldn't walk let alone run? The only talent on the team right now is Plax, Tiki, and Eli. What good are Plax and Eli if they dont have any other Wr's?

Oh and teams win the game in the 4th Quarter...You dont win in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd you win in the 4th....Let me show a couple of exaples...Phili game 1...Tenn...get my drift

The O put this team in a position to win and thats a FACT.... the D did what it has been doing all year long...Shiting the bed in the 4th and thats a fact !!

The game is over in the 4th quarter, you win by the combination of all 4.

The O didn't put us in a position to win, they put us in position to lose by a fieldgoal.

And used up two time outs doing it.

Even if Philly didn't get that fg, we wouldn't have won.

You'd have a point if they'd scored a TD on our last drive and given us the lead.

The offense has been our strength all year. You want to argue that? Shockey played, yeah he was hurt but he played. It's the same old Giants Off. Sputter in the red zone settle for fg's to tie the game, and lose by a last second fg. Fans blame the def.

You want to use the Philly game as an example? Why don't you look and see how many yards we put up in that game. And how many points.

The Tennesse game? Look and see how two Eli int's were the key to Tennesse winning, and how our offense couldn't put the game away after scoring 3 td's in the first half.

Our off was ranked 14th, had the opportunity to score easy 3 times and came away with nothing.

Our def played well considering they were ranked 25th.

Shit, I'm not even saying that all the blame goes to the offense, I'm just saying they deserve a lot of it.

I'm sure most of the team feels the same way.

The game is over in the 4th quarter, you win by the combination of all 4.

The O didn't put us in a position to win, they put us in position to lose by a fieldgoal.

And used up two time outs doing it.

Even if Philly didn't get that fg, we wouldn't have won.

You'd have a point if they'd scored a TD on our last drive and given us the lead.

The offense has been our strength all year. You want to argue that? Shockey played, yeah he was hurt but he played. It's the same old Giants Off. Sputter in the red zone settle for fg's to tie the game, and lose by a last second fg. Fans blame the def.

You want to use the Philly game as an example? Why don't you look and see how many yards we put up in that game. And how many points.

The Tennesse game? Look and see how two Eli int's were the key to Tennesse winning, and how our offense couldn't put the game away after scoring 3 td's in the first half.

Our off was ranked 14th, had the opportunity to score easy 3 times and came away with nothing.

Our def played well considering they were ranked 25th.

Shit, I'm not even saying that all the blame goes to the offense, I'm just saying they deserve a lot of it.

I'm sure most of the team feels the same way.

Our red zone play call and execution is terrible. No matter who the offensive coordinator is.

I'm not sure you can but the brunt of the blame on either the offense or the defense, both had an equal hand in my opinion. The Offense couldn't capitalize on great field position early in the game, and the defense let the Eagles drive down the field when it counted most. They kept the passing game in check for the most part, but let them run all over the place.

To all morons who think the D lost the game: we had the ball at midfield 3 times in the first half. Not once, not twice, but thrice. What did we get off those possesions you ask? 0 points. You tell me whose to blame?

If winning football games is about stepping it up in the 4th quarter, then this defense sucks ass all year. In tennesse at 21-0 11 minutes left they stopped Young on a 4th and 10 scramble, only to have Frank Walker commit a 15 yard roughing the passer, drive continues, 21-0 becomes 21-7 and well you know the rest. Against the Boys at home our offense ties the game with a minute to go in the 4th, defense proceeds to allow them to get into FG range IN 1 Frigging play, with under a minute to go, you know the rest. 1 month ago at home for Philly, offense gives the defense a 1 point 4th quarter lead, with 6 and change to go. Defense proceeds to allows a methodic drive for a go ahead TD and then the bottom falls out. Philly, this week, offense ties the game in the 4th quarter on the road, comes back from a 10 point deficit and what does the defense do? Gives up 13 yards off RT on 1st down and allows Philly to methodically burn 5 minutes off the clock and win the game with a FG. I will not even mention the 4th quarter antics in week 1 against the Colts.

4 Times this year that this defense has failed to either hold a lead or tie in a big spot in the 4th quarter. If the NFL is about the 4th quarter and making plays, well our defense has been putrid all year in that regard. If our defense holds Sunday(like even an average defense might) and we get the ball back and score to win that game, all you would read about is what Manning and the offense did in a big spot on the road in the 4th quarter. With a poor defense like we have everything is magnified.

If winning football games is about stepping it up in the 4th quarter, then this defense sucks ass all year. In tennesse at 21-0 11 minutes left they stopped Young on a 4th and 10 scramble, only to have Frank Walker commit a 15 yard roughing the passer, drive continues, 21-0 becomes 21-7 and well you know the rest. Against the Boys at home our offense ties the game with a minute to go in the 4th, defense proceeds to allow them to get into FG range IN 1 Frigging play, with under a minute to go, you know the rest. 1 month ago at home for Philly, offense gives the defense a 1 point 4th quarter lead, with 6 and change to go. Defense proceeds to allows a methodic drive for a go ahead TD and then the bottom falls out. Philly, this week, offense ties the game in the 4th quarter on the road, comes back from a 10 point deficit and what does the defense do? Gives up 13 yards off RT on 1st down and allows Philly to methodically burn 5 minutes off the clock and win the game with a FG. I will not even mention the 4th quarter antics in week 1 against the Colts.

4 Times this year that this defense has failed to either hold a lead or tie in a big spot in the 4th quarter. If the NFL is about the 4th quarter and making plays, well our defense has been putrid all year in that regard. If our defense holds Sunday(like even an average defense might) and we get the ball back and score to win that game, all you would read about is what Manning and the offense did in a big spot on the road in the 4th quarter. With a poor defense like we have everything is magnified.

And it hasn't been all this year either. Last year the same thing happened on the road against Dallas in overtime and at home against Minnesota. Minnesota being the most frustrating because we shut them down all game.

In fairness to the D, our special teams let them start at the 34 yard, thanks to a shitty kickoff by Feely to the 15! and lousy coverage.

and he has the nerve to run his mouth after the season. he should've shut up forever after the seattle game last year

I can't tell if you're advocating my point or not, but nevertheless I'll add my two cents about those 4 games.

Indy: We were down by 2 with about 4 mins remaining when Eli threw an int. And let's not forget the off. had the ball last with a minute and change to work with.

Tennessee: Are you forgetting about 2 Eli turnovers? One that resulted in a td and another that gave Ten the winning FG. The drive that gave the winning fg started at our own 49. And let's not even bring up the fact that our offense did nothing in the 2nd half of that game.

Dallas: Yeah most of the blame falls on the d here. But there were a few faults to the offense.

A turnover by Dal that got 0 points. A 4th and 1 that we didn't convert. And 2 drives into the Dallas 5 that got just 2 fg's.

Philly: 4 turnovers and 14 pts off of turnovers, including the crucial game killer by Cole.

Special teams giving up a 64 yd return netting an eventual td. That's 21 pts and they beat us by 14.

Offense gets to the Phi. 29 and fg, Phi. 5 and fg, Phi 16 and fg.

And once again the game ended in the hands of our offense.

This was a BAD team this year PERIOD! And with No Tiki, and TC back and Eli not taking a step up from last year...the 2007 season can be a painful thing to watch. :cwy::(

I think we were a good team that became an average team with injuries and a tough schedule. It'll be interesting to see what Jacobs does with more carries. I'm excited about that. And yeah, Eli needs to take two steps up.

I think we were a good team that became an average team with injuries and a tough schedule. It'll be interesting to see what Jacobs does with more carries. I'm excited about that. And yeah, Eli needs to take two steps up.

I'd LOVE to see the Giants get another RB that is a different style runner than Jacobs. Jacobs/(say a Turner) would be exciting to watch. A full year with #83 Moss may be a bright spot...and Eli fixing his poor mechanics. Eli looks so good when he actually steps into his throws. The second TD to Burress was a great throw...but he slips back into that 'back foot' thing and that 'flinging it up with his back turned' deal. :confused:

I can't tell if you're advocating my point or not, but nevertheless I'll add my two cents about those 4 games.

Indy: We were down by 2 with about 4 mins remaining when Eli threw an int. And let's not forget the off. had the ball last with a minute and change to work with.

Tennessee: Are you forgetting about 2 Eli turnovers? One that resulted in a td and another that gave Ten the winning FG. The drive that gave the winning fg started at our own 49. And let's not even bring up the fact that our offense did nothing in the 2nd half of that game.

Dallas: Yeah most of the blame falls on the d here. But there were a few faults to the offense.

A turnover by Dal that got 0 points. A 4th and 1 that we didn't convert. And 2 drives into the Dallas 5 that got just 2 fg's.

Philly: 4 turnovers and 14 pts off of turnovers, including the crucial game killer by Cole.

Special teams giving up a 64 yd return netting an eventual td. That's 21 pts and they beat us by 14.

Offense gets to the Phi. 29 and fg, Phi. 5 and fg, Phi 16 and fg.

And once again the game ended in the hands of our offense.

Stop it...Realy just stop...The d gave up 24points in the 4th...Regardles of what the O did it had us up by 21 with 11 min left...Stop trying to blaim that game on ELI..Yeah he threw 2 int's...One was Burress's fault one was a stoopid throw...But they also scored 21 points...

Lets put it this way

The worst D in the NFL (49ers) gives up an average of 25 points a GAME the Giants gave up 24 points in 11 MIN!!! :confused: Yeah keep blaiming the O that make sence

Stop it...Realy just stop...The d gave up 24points in the 4th...Regardles of what the O did it had us up by 21 with 11 min left...Stop trying to blaim that game on ELI..Yeah he threw 2 int's...One was Burress's fault one was a stoopid throw...But they also scored 21 points...

Lets put it this way

The worst D in the NFL (49ers) gives up an average of 25 points a GAME the Giants gave up 24 points in 11 MIN!!! :confused: Yeah keep blaiming the O that make sence

Whoa, 24 points! That's a mountain that no offense can overcome. Not even if they already had 21 pts!

Please.

Our o did NOTHING in the second half of that game except assist Tennessee with 2 more scores.

Just one more score could've gotten us a win.

You can't blame the d for everything. The offense deserves a share of it too.

Is it all the O's fault? No! But it damn sure is not solely the D's fault.