SportsWrath

You all do realize why Shockey isn't playing...

Plow

For those of us who watched the whole Saints game, maybe you saw what I saw. The last few plays with like 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Giants were passing for some reason.

Well Eli threw an out to Shockey, which was behind him. Shockey stopped for a second to make a play and the defender tackled him. Shockey got up and was limping, which is probably where he hurt himself.

So, my point is there was no point in having the starters in in a blow out. I kept thinking oh my god, here is where eli's career is going to end. I know it, it's going to be one of these plays, God forbid, and Eli was going to get sacked and blow out his knee, instead Shockey sprains his ankle and cant play the last game.

This is another reason, why Coughlin should get fired. HE HAS NO FEEL FOR THE GAME.

Not many teams take out their starters, even in a blow out. This isn't the NBA, Isaiah Plow.

I've seen it done before. J-Load should have been in the game handing the ball off to Finn or Jacobs.

We take the starters out, we wouldn't get comeback wins like in Philly.

Do you really want a win Sunday prolonging the Coughlin era? Bench the starters if not for their incompetance these past 7 weeks than to get this moron of a coach we have out of here.

Seriously???

I am freekin' happy that Shockey isn't playing. One less fuck up, flailing armed crybaby to see on the national airwaves. And before you Shockey lovers say it....NO it isn't INTENSITY... It's stupidity on Shockeys part to be bitchin' about every pass he can't catch. Fuck u Shockey....I still haven't forgot that drop you made when the game was 10 - 7 and you needed to make that catch to convert a RARE Giants 1st down.

Do me a favor Shockey...take your civilian clothe ass, and your crutches and sit next to Tim Hassleback. DO NOT get in Eli's ear and start bitchin'.

And Tommy C...can we see a bit more of a short passing game esp to Tiki, S. Moss and Brandon Jacobs?

Seriously???

I am freekin' happy that Shockey isn't playing. One less fuck up, flailing armed crybaby to see on the national airwaves. And before you Shockey lovers say it....NO it isn't INTENSITY... It's stupidity on Shockeys part to be bitchin' about every pass he can't catch. Fuck u Shockey....I still haven't forgot that drop you made when the game was 10 - 7 and you needed to make that catch to convert a RARE Giants 1st down.

Do me a favor Shockey...take your civilian clothe ass, and your crutches and sit next to Tim Hassleback. DO NOT get in Eli's ear and start bitchin'.

And Tommy C...can we see a bit more of a short passing game esp to Tiki, S. Moss and Brandon Jacobs?

It's the intensity.

Seriously???

Eli will eventually be a champion...fortunately, he won't have Shockey to travel to Miami in the offseason so he can drop passes and not have good timing during the season.

Fuck Big Drop Shockey. Motherfucker has been dropping big passees since his rookie year. He then has the audacity to bitch when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way. Well, Shock, Shockster, J-Shock, see, you don't get thrown the ball in big pressure spots because you're the A-Rod of the Giants. You shrink under pressure. You fucking asshole.

Fuck Big Drop Shockey. Motherfucker has been dropping big passees since his rookie year. He then has the audacity to bitch when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way. Well, Shock, Shockster, J-Shock, see, you don't get thrown the ball in big pressure spots because you're the A-Rod of the Giants. You shrink under pressure. You fucking asshole.

:clap:

A fucken MEN!!!!

jeremyshockey.gif

I used to love Jeremy Droppey, but how can a guy who's always claiming his desire to win as a team fuels his on field antics NOT be in Washington with the team this weekend?

I'm done with this fraud. I'd rather stick my neck out for a guy like Eli, who never bitches or throws teammates under the bus when they drop passes or run routes like they are skipping their way to 3rd grade class.

I used to love Jeremy Droppey, but how can a guy who's always claiming his desire to win as a team fuels his on field antics NOT be in Washington with the team this weekend?

I'm done with this fraud. I'd rather stick my neck out for a guy like Eli, who never bitches or throws teammates under the bus when they drop passes or run routes like they are skipping their way to 3rd grade class.

:LMAO:

Jeramy Droppey!!!!

And like I said GOOD...stay yo'azz at home Big Drop Shock!

Wow... people were killing me on the boards two weeks ago for suggesting we get what we can for Shock and Plax (fuck 'em... they're both crybabies who are inconsistant and selfish).

Trade Shockey for a 2nd rounder.

Trade Plax to move up in the draft and get a blue-chipper (knowing us tho, we'll draft Cedric Jones).

Addition by subtraction. I'd much rather have an average player who's consistant than two hot-and-cold, "me-first" primadonnas.

Here's the question:

Did Shiancoe do enough to keep the spot? Shockey didn't even travel to play cheerleader. Is that the commitment to the team Coughlin is looking for?

The Giants won with some great play from their TE yesterday. Shiancoe made some nice blocks. Guaranteed if Droppey is "healthy," which we all know he'll be limping around and shaking his hand when ever anything goes wrong, they put him back in. I say, keep his ass out until the Giants win a playoff game. And then, keep him out for superstition sake.

Here's the question:

Did Shiancoe do enough to keep the spot? Shockey didn't even travel to play cheerleader. Is that the commitment to the team Coughlin is looking for?

The Giants won with some great play from their TE yesterday. Shiancoe made some nice blocks. Guaranteed if Droppey is "healthy," which we all know he'll be limping around and shaking his hand when ever anything goes wrong, they put him back in. I say, keep his ass out until the Giants win a playoff game. And then, keep him out for superstition sake.

If the Giants want to continue to run the ball primarily...keep Shiancoe in there. But IF and when teams take away Barber....and Eli needs to get a sure pass completed....then go with Shockey....errrr wait, scratch that, "Big Drop Shock" will fuck it up. :P

Here's the question:

So because Collingsworth said Shiancoe is a better blocker than Shockey, you believe it? This is the first game in 2 years that Shiancoe has had a positive impact on a game. Most of the time, he's dropping passes or getting dumb penalties. 31 teams in the league would love to get their hands on Shockey.

So, my point is there was no point in having the starters in in a blow out. I kept thinking oh my god, here is where eli's career is going to end. I know it, it's going to be one of these plays, God forbid, and Eli was going to get sacked and blow out his knee, instead Shockey sprains his ankle and cant play the last game.

This is another reason, why Coughlin should get fired. HE HAS NO FEEL FOR THE GAME.

I agree, TC is a pinhead. He has a history of playing starters at the wrong times and for pushing people with injuries that turn into career threatening lameness. He is just a drill sergeant, not a leader.

Happy New Year Plow.

KSP

So because Collingsworth said Shiancoe is a better blocker than Shockey, you believe it? This is the first game in 2 years that Shiancoe has had a positive impact on a game. Most of the time, he's dropping passes or getting dumb penalties. 31 teams in the league would love to get their hands on Shockey.

Oh lordy...ANOTHER Shockey defender. :P . Ummm let's see Dropley's 'intensity' is better than Shiancoe's, Dropley does flail his arms better than Shiancoe, and don't forget that Shockley can toss a helmet farther than a Shiancoe. Collingsworth didn't say that did he?

IMO, Shockey is SO ovverated. This may be true that Shiancoe isn't the answer BUT all of the shit Jeramy Droppey talks and gives up on passes and drops key 3rd downs? Maybe, Eli needs to front Dropley off when Dropley effs up. I say trade this guy for a quality LB and some draft picks. Giants need a new core on offense anyway.

It's got nothing to do with Collinsworth, let alone his wavering opinion. He caught the passes thrown to him and had a great day blocking.

If Shiancoe is 100% and Shockey isn't, I'd rather see the healthy guy on the field. It's ogt more to do with current team chemistry and actual performance.

It's got nothing to do with Collinsworth, let alone his wavering opinion. He caught the passes thrown to him and had a great day blocking.

If Shiancoe is 100% and Shockey isn't, I'd rather see the healthy guy on the field. It's ogt more to do with current team chemistry and actual performance.

...plus, what kind of bullshit is that? Shockey doesn't travel with his team in a crucial playoff implications game??? :confused:

...earlier in the year around Mini Camps, I wanted to 'defend' Big Drop. Defended him when he so called would go to Miami and work out. But fuck what can I say to defend him when he wasn't even there last night? Hmmmmn????

But fuck it...Shockey stay your ass at home. Pack it in...and NOW we see your true colors.

thats a bit of a back track from your original statement. to me, if shiancoe plays, the defense doesn't have to account for him. while if shockey plays, they have to double plax and put the ss on shockey.... which opens up other options.

thats a bit of a back track from your original statement. to me, if shiancoe plays, the defense doesn't have to account for him. while if shockey plays, they have to double plax and put the ss on shockey.... which opens up other options.

Jeremy Shockey was a great TE, for one year. There are now TE's that pop up all over that can do the same things Shockey does. Hell, LJ Smith can do what Shockey does and he's more durable.

It's not a bit of a backtrack, it's no back track. It's more of an addition. The healthy guy should play, and Shockey is not nearly what he was for one season, which includes a big drop in a big spot.

Shockey on the field should remove the double team from Burress not add it. Shiancoe has done nothing except what he's been asked to do. I like Shockey's intensity, unfortunately, it's been more talk than actual performance throughout his career. Think about it, his first multiple TD game was this year, that's not exactly big time. If he wasn't a lightning rod, he wouldn't make the pro-bowl.

Jeremy Shockey was a great TE, for one year. There are now TE's that pop up all over that can do the same things Shockey does. Hell, LJ Smith can do what Shockey does and he's more durable.

It's not a bit of a backtrack, it's no back track. It's more of an addition. The healthy guy should play, and Shockey is not nearly what he was for one season, which includes a big drop in a big spot.

Shockey on the field should remove the double team from Burress not add it. Shiancoe has done nothing except what he's been asked to do. I like Shockey's intensity, unfortunately, it's been more talk than actual performance throughout his career. Think about it, his first multiple TD game was this year, that's not exactly big time. If he wasn't a lightning rod, he wouldn't make the pro-bowl.

shiancoe's been a bonehead since he was drafted. if he's such a good blocker, why isn't he the 2nd TE in that set instead of Seubert?

most of the time, they are going to double plax, regardless of who the TE is. But Shiancoe, they guard with a LB is what I meant. eagles would be quite happy if shockey doesn't play.

shiancoe's been a bonehead since he was drafted. if he's such a good blocker, why isn't he the 2nd TE in that set instead of Seubert?

most of the time, they are going to double plax, regardless of who the TE is. But Shiancoe, they guard with a LB is what I meant. eagles would be quite happy if shockey doesn't play.

I don't think there is a TE in the league that can block like Seubert. His presence in the game has very little to do with Shiancoe's blocking prowess, and more to do with the scheme the Giants were executing. Seubert provided a nice jumbo look that worked for a while.