SportsWrath

You all do realize why Shockey isn't playing...

Plow

I used to love Jeremy Droppey, but how can a guy who's always claiming his desire to win as a team fuels his on field antics NOT be in Washington with the team this weekend?

I'm done with this fraud. I'd rather stick my neck out for a guy like Eli, who never bitches or throws teammates under the bus when they drop passes or run routes like they are skipping their way to 3rd grade class.

He stays home because he needs extra rehab time. Strahan got hurt by being with the team against the Cowboys. I'm not faulting him for that one.

He stays home because he needs extra rehab time. Strahan got hurt by being with the team against the Cowboys. I'm not faulting him for that one.

I don't believe that. I'm sure there are adequate facilities in our nation's capital that Droppey could have taken advantage of if he really needed to "rehab" his sprained ankle. A true team player, as Droppey describes himself to be, would have said,"I may not be on the field, but I will be with my boys on the sideline doing everything in my power to support them."

Why stay home and rehab when it was possibly your team's last game?

I recall seeing Chad Pennington on the Jets' sideline all of last season while recovering from a much worse situation, and his team having much less at stake. THAT'S a team player.

Another Shockey defender! Wow!!!! :P

...anyway, Strahan and I do believe Toomer was at the Washington game and BOTH are on I.R.!!! Face it, Dropley is a selfish overrated punk. He provides no spark on offense. He did when Fassel was here but for whatever reason this year he isn't 'it'. And Shock is a big baby and prolly stayed home because he blocked too much. Get rid of this guy while he's worth a lil something to a team who needs a prima donna TE.

I like Shockey, but we need to get rid of these "Barret Green's" on our team!..

definiton of "Barret Green's" are players who are pro-bowlers who can't play 2 straight games without some sort of injury, for those that didn't know.

It's either his hand, foot, calf, or some other shit... we need durable players... if all our guys were healthy we'd be a Super Bowl team, but of course we either have old ass people like Whitfield, Strahan, Madison, and Morton who are either old, or constintly injured... then we get bad ass players who can't finish a season.. no wonder why Ernie worked so hard in getting us depth, because the starters can't play a whole fucken season

Another Shockey defender! Wow!!!! :P

...anyway, Strahan and I do believe Toomer was at the Washington game and BOTH are on I.R.!!! Face it, Dropley is a selfish overrated punk. He provides no spark on offense. He did when Fassel was here but for whatever reason this year he isn't 'it'. And Shock is a big baby and prolly stayed home because he blocked too much. Get rid of this guy while he's worth a lil something to a team who needs a prima donna TE.

click me to read

COUGHLIN:

We left him here so that he could get continuous treatment and would not be standing on it to the point where we’d have a good chance to get the swelling down,” Coughlin said. “So we’re very hopeful, but I wouldn’t be able to tell you that (if Shockey can play) right now.”

You gotta get off Shocks back. Sure he has dropped passes this whole year the the NFL as a whole has too many dropped passes. whats his catch:drop:over/under thrown ratio? You think he is complaining about stuff all the time he is waving his arms around ? how do you know he isn't mad at him self for drops? does he go over to the Sideline and hollar in Eli's face (TO/ROMO style)? The way I see it he is wearing his heart on his sleave for us all to see. He is the most passionate player we have next to jacobs. if his arm waving and some times jawing can get us going I say let him do it. how many games has he played in that he was hurt? Didn't he have a broken thumb a few weeks back last year he played with a broken sternum. Don't question his toughness or his heart .