SportsWrath

I am dumbfounded at what I am reading and hearing today

xxi-xxv

I cannot believe some of the stuff coming out of peoples minds here today. Fire the coach, ELI will never be an elite QB, this team is not making the playoffs! INCREDULOUS!

We are 6-3, first place, 3-0 in the division, 2 wins against the teams chasing us on the road.

Yes we played terribly and yes we were severely outcoached, outhustled and more importantly outmanned by a VERY GOOD TEAM, coming off a BRUTAL loss at home, staring down 3 ROAD GAMES IN A ROW.

Before we all declare doom and gloom can we at least see what happens in the next few weeks?

Geez guys keep it in perspective.

I cannot believe some of the stuff coming out of peoples minds here today. Fire the coach, ELI will never be an elite QB, this team is not making the playoffs! INCREDULOUS!

We are 6-3, first place, 3-0 in the division, 2 wins against the teams chasing us on the road.

Yes we played terribly and yes we were severely outcoached, outhustled and more importantly outmanned by a VERY GOOD TEAM, coming off a BRUTAL loss at home, staring down 3 ROAD GAMES IN A ROW.

Before we all declare doom and gloom can we at least see what happens in the next few weeks?

I'm with ya, this place is almost as bad as GMB. We just lost our first game in 6 weeks with a half banged up team. The injuries are my only concern. There is good news though, Manning has played much better on the road than he does at home and 3 of the next 4 are on the road.

I'm with ya, this place is almost as bad as GMB. We just lost our first game in 6 weeks with a half banged up team. The injuries are my only concern. There is good news though, Manning has played much better on the road than he does at home and 3 of the next 4 are on the road.

i definitely agree..i truly believe the only thing that can stop us is our injuries. if we are healthy our team is too well balanced to let anyone roll on us. we can beat anyone.

I'm not predicting doom and gloom, I'm just utterly disappointed in the performance this team put on the field last night. And the thing about it is that a lot of the mistakes made, specifically on Eli's part, are becoming a regular part of his play, which is concerning. I'm not writing off the season, because I think we'll still make the playoffs, but again, it's just utterly disappointing to lose games that could, with some decent play, have been wins.

I'm just glad to see it's not just GMB that does this.

I'm pissed about the loss and I wish this didn't make me think of a preview to a bleek playoff run, but it's over now and they need to regroup for next weeks opponent.

Bad loss though and Eli is regressing as he did this time last season. I expected better of him in such a huge game.

I'm not predicting doom and gloom, I'm just utterly disappointed in the performance this team put on the field last night. And the thing about it is that a lot of the mistakes made, specifically on Eli's part, are becoming a regular part of his play, which is concerning. I'm not writing off the season, because I think we'll still make the playoffs, but again, it's just utterly disappointing to lose games that could, with some decent play, have been wins.

I agree sadly :(

It was very tough to watch us last night. All these things were preventable and we had Grossman in the palm of our hand last night. The difference is they made adjustments. They went over the middle more, and we did nothing to cover that. They went to Muhammad a lot over the middle in the second half, that was no coincidence. Just horrible coaching.

But keep in mind where we were coming off the bye week. We'll be fine.

Guest JACKSTROUD7
It was very tough to watch us last night. All these things were preventable and we had Grossman in the palm of our hand last night. The difference is they made adjustments. They went over the middle more, and we did nothing to cover that. They went to Muhammad a lot over the middle in the second half, that was no coincidence. Just horrible coaching.

But keep in mind where we were coming off the bye week. We'll be fine.

your boy Pierce cannot cover the middle zone..........put blackburn in there, and Muhammed does not get one more of those "gifts"

just one game.

we get a split on the road with Tenn and Jax and come back relatively healthy for the remaing 3 nfc east games in Dec.

season is hardly "over"

given how banged up we where we played pretty well. we get a stop on the 3 - 22 at the end of the first half and punt the ball instead of an ill advised field goal attempt in q4 we win that game last night.

I'm with you gate

I can agree with most of that. But this team is not, nor will be an elite team. Two years in a row we had the chance to be the best in the NFC and two years in a row we failed to win those games in a way only the New York Giants can lose. This team (including the coaches) found every way to lose this game. Eli is already showing that he's fading...even earlier than last season.

Really, this team shows no indication of winning a superbowl. I'm happy that Tiki feels that football does not define him and he isn't sticking around so he can get into Canton...he'll go off into the sunset as the greatest Giants RB, without a ring.

Let me be clear, this team is good and they will have the same results as the good team in 2005. Sure the season is not over but this team will not be champions.

your boy Pierce cannot cover the middle zone..........put blackburn in there, and Muhammed does not get one more of those "gifts"

Pierce isn't assigned to play 20 yards back dickwad. Our safeties should've closes in there. And considering they didn't really have a fast deep threat that could beat someone down the sidelines, there was no use of having all that safety help towards that section.

All this talk of Eli fading like last year. Some posters like pulling straws out of a hat. You really can't listen to Lockhart and treat it like gold. Eli played very good in Washington (game 15) last year, his WRs couldn't catch a cold. He had 65% completions in the second Philly game albeit he threw 3 INTs in the second half. Just because we ran the ball against Oakland and Kansas City doesn't mean Eli tanked.

I would really like to see one game where I don't see a pass bouncing off the chests or in and out of our receivers hands and see what kind of numbers get put up by Manning, just one friggin game just to see what his numbers would be.

I'm not claiming Eli to be perfect and he did suck yesterday. I just know that QBs need to get into a rythm and they also need to build their confidence up. Dropped passes eliminates them both.

After every loss.

I say it after every game. Lewis has success with the blitz, and reverts to a passive defense. Tiki accounts for 40% of our offense, and has only touched the ball 10 times in the 3rd quarter.

I agree a lot of the criticism is unwarrented, but I see the same problems reoccuring these past couple games, win or no win.

Look, to think at this point, after the amount of inconsistency that Eli has shown that he will NOT be an elite QB is not too far of a stretch. Granted all QB's have bad days, but I'm tired of having to say that all QB's have bad days. You know what, Grossman looked fine out there. The wind and weather weren't effecting his throws. Eli has been protected by myself and others for long enough. He's not living up to first round expectations. Hell, he's not living up to what even slighty resemble a trade worthy of what was given up to get Eli. He's been carried by great players for long enough. When it came time for him to stand on his own, he fell flat on his face. Twice now. Chicago and Carolina. A leader gets his team up and ready to play. It's tough to lead when your screwing the pooch yourself.

well i've been bitching about coughlin for a while--win or loss. i haven't lost faith in eli and i still think we'll make the playoffs. but i honestly can't say coughlin has impressed me.

these next 7 games will be a good indicator of how strong of a grip coughlin has on this team. the injuries are piling up and we just came off a tough loss. if we get embarrassed monday night and we have some more injuries, let's see if the team quits on him. something tells me this team would quit on coughlin fast

I am by NO means a "glass half full" kind of guy, but I can't figure out the gloom and doom attitude, either.

We're 6-3. We just went up against the best team in the NFC at 75% strength, which was diminished to about 50% 15 minutes into the game... and we hung with them for three quarters. If anything, that encourages me that at 75%-90% health, we are a better team than the best team in the NFC.

The coaches are dumbasses and we just have to live with that... their game-day adjustments and playcalling are some of the worst in the NFL. Uh... why not run Barber with the game on the line? Why don't we kick the shit out of a small D with a gigantic back like Jacobs? Why get away from the blitz when it's worked all night? I have no fucking clue.

But we have a good team. If we can split the remainder of the games, maybe eek out a win in the next few weeks while we're still hurting, we'll be in good shape heading into the playoffs.