SportsWrath

most of us agree that a coaching change needs to happen

ccase39

If we did let go of coghlin this offseason(which we wont, although i do feel like they will let go a couple of assistants) who else is out there that can do a better job in your opinion?

i actually like coughlin. i think he's been doing an excellent job with this team. every coach make mistakes, or calls a bad game every so often. i'm not trying to make excuses for this team, however we are battered with injuries. regardless, we should have beat the bears last night. our season is far from over, and we are still in a good position to do some things. this team could have easily folded earlier in the season, and i think coughlin did a great job motivating our guys to play hard and show some resilliancy. as long as we can make the playoffs with a mostly healthy squad i really think we can do some things.as a matter of fact i don't think it will be coughlin we have to worry about when that time comes. it's eli.

Yesterday, we sucked rotten eggs the second half.

We usually suck rotten eggs the first half.

We got it backwards this game.

Although we sucked, and I mean really sucked, I don't think the blame can be laid completely at TC.

Lots of injuries.

Lots of inconsistency.

Eli did not do too well.

rushing attack faultered.

defense was highjacked at halftime and replaced with St.Francis High School's second team.

Tom Coughlin is a disaster and reason numero uno why this team is a laughingstock. Coughlin has never won a Super Bowl, and never will. He can take a team only so far, and he is at that point with the Giants. Too bad for this team, because they can certainly be better than they are. But with TC, and the buffoons he has hired, a legitimate run at a championship is nothing more than a dream.

Start with a new head coach, someone young and innovative from the college ranks, and that's the first step towards the necessary rebuilding that the organization will require.

Then, they need to address the quarterback issue. . .ugh.

Tom Coughlin is a disaster and reason numero uno why this team is a laughingstock. Coughlin has never won a Super Bowl, and never will. He can take a team only so far, and he is at that point with the Giants. Too bad for this team, because they can certainly be better than they are. But with TC, and the buffoons he has hired, a legitimate run at a championship is nothing more than a dream.

Start with a new head coach, someone young and innovative from the college ranks, and that's the first step towards the necessary rebuilding that the organization will require.

Then, they need to address the quarterback issue. . .ugh.

Hello Lockhart Obrac. Cowboys are still behind the Giants.

i actually like coughlin. i think he's been doing an excellent job with this team. every coach make mistakes, or calls a bad game every so often. i'm not trying to make excuses for this team, however we are battered with injuries. regardless, we should have beat the bears last night. our season is far from over, and we are still in a good position to do some things. this team could have easily folded earlier in the season, and i think coughlin did a great job motivating our guys to play hard and show some resilliancy. as long as we can make the playoffs with a mostly healthy squad i really think we can do some things.as a matter of fact i don't think it will be coughlin we have to worry about when that time comes. it's eli.

well said, i think the coaching staff felt it was understaffed last night and it affected their decisions in crucial situations. a healthy giants team beats a healthy bears team. hopefully, we'll meet again.

OK guys, if you're gonna make excuses for the coaches bringing up our injuries, lets discuss them

On offense we started without Toomer. Then lost luke.

On defense, we were down to using a DT as a DE. Strahan, Osi, Tuck. All injured. Our D was patchwork at best.

how did we call the game?

Well, we threw the ball ofcorse. You have Tiki running wel, and you have jacobs on the sideline. We could have ran the ball relentlessly. We could have ate up the clock and keep the D on the sideline. Instead, we throw the ball in a cold/windy/rainy game with our # 2 WR not playing and our LT getting injured.

Please do not make excuses for these coaches, yes we have countless injuries, but the coaches dod not play to our advanteges. Our coaches gave away this win, bottom line.

While I'm not saying can Coughlin now, I think everyone is understating just how stupid the call for the FG was. We lost the game because of the outcome. Feely couldn't make a 52 yd Fg even if he was in a Dome, off a Tee, AND with a wind at his back(in a dome :LMAO: ), let alone in Giants Stadium in that weather. I think they had a better chance at making a 1st down, as hard as that would have been. Even if didn't make it, still within a TD, if D held them.

While I'm not saying can Coughlin now, I think everyone is understating just how stupid the call for the FG was. We lost the game because of the outcome. Feely couldn't make a 52 yd Fg even if he was in a Dome, off a Tee, AND with a wind at his back(in a dome :LMAO: ), let alone in Giants Stadium in that weather. I think they had a better chance at making a 1st down, as hard as that would have been. Even if didn't make it, still within a TD, if D held them.

All he had to do was was punt, even if the ball went into the endzone the bears would have at best started on the 20.

I want to see 2 back offense.... Jacobs and Barber. Run Tiki 3/4 and Jacobs 1/4 and not just running Jacobs on the short yardage plays. I think after a half of pounding from him, the defense would soften up for the passing attack.

1st half, Run 65% and pass 35%.

2nd half, run 50% and pass 50%.

I think this would change things.

How bout this.

H.C. - Ron Rivera; Bear D.C. It's a matter of time before he's a HC and we need a defensive coach.

O.C. - Jim Fassel. Yeah i said it, he's an offensive guru and he has familiarity with some of the players and the team.

D.C. - Mike Singletary

Or at O.C. how about Jim Caldwell, the Colts QB coach.

At least Fassel knows how to use Shockey.

I've been saying this all season long, Huff is a horrible OC. Shockey is underutilized. Tiki and Jacobs spend more time blocking than running or even going out for screens or short passes. Because of how disinterested Huff seems towards the running game opposing defenses are constantly sending a heavy pass rush at our line, swarming what is not a great pass protecting line and giving Eli little time to make a play. It is so frustrating watching our opponents QB have plenty of time week in and week out and then having to watch Eli try and scramble just to give himself extra time. We all know Eli is a pocket passer, yet he seems to never have a pocket worth working from.

As far as Lewis goes, I swear he leaves the stadium after the first half to beat the traffic. Because in almost every single game so far this season our defense has been aggresive in the first half, and passive in the second. I don't know if it is because they are tired, or some other excuse, but for some reason our DC likes to mess with success. They are two completely different defenses and I can only blame that on playcalling.

Guest JACKSTROUD7

I say we stick with Coughlin unless Bobby Petrino, Jon Gruden, Greg Schiavo, or Charlie Weiss wants the job........or until they do.

CCase.......whats with the Saints Helmut..........are you calling for Coughlins head or Peyton's

BTW.........I always liked that guy.....wish we had kept him, and ditched Fassel

I'd only be interested in 2 guys if they were to become available. Shanahan and Jeff Fisher. I'd be curious to see how long Shanahan stays in Denver if they don't make it this year to the Superbowl. Can you imagine the offense?

I'm a fan of Fisher. He's a players coach who can actually coach and again, his situation in Tennessee would be interesting to watch, although they are a team that could turn the corner very quickly next season.

I'd only be interested in 2 guys if they were to become available. Shanahan and Jeff Fisher. I'd be curious to see how long Shanahan stays in Denver if they don't make it this year to the Superbowl. Can you imagine the offense?

I'm a fan of Fisher. He's a players coach who can actually coach and again, his situation in Tennessee would be interesting to watch, although they are a team that could turn the corner very quickly next season.

Yeah both of those guys would be excellent choices.

I say its time for lewis to go. He's to inconsistent as a head coach. When he calls for blitzes and they are effective against teams, he stops using them? What the fuck? Now Huffy, oh boy. People say oh we had Top 10 offense the last two years, its the players that got us the rank, not Huffy! Huffy is also inconsistent. How many times did we give Tiki the ball? 15? 15? for 145 yds? 145 yds? What the fuck again. We should have ran that shit down their throats! When its time for him to adapt or deliver an effective play its totally useless!!! (most of the time) Why the fuck are we passing so much ? Establish the run first, then pass.

Guest JACKSTROUD7
I say its time for lewis to go. He's to inconsistent as a head coach. When he calls for blitzes and they are effective against teams, he stops using them? What the fuck? Now Huffy, oh boy. People say oh we had Top 10 offense the last two years, its the players that got us the rank, not Huffy! Huffy is also inconsistent. How many times did we give Tiki the ball? 15? 15? for 145 yds? 145 yds? What the fuck again. We should have ran that shit down their throats! When its time for him to adapt or deliver an effective play its totally useless!!! (most of the time) Why the fuck are we passing so much ? Establish the run first, then pass.

Tiki gained 90% of those yds on 4 plays...........15 times he got stuffed

Tiki is feast or famine.........you need a Jacobs or Larry Johnson type against the Bears.......somebody who can push the pile if there is no hole

At least Fassel knows how to use Shockey.

I've been saying this all season long, Huff is a horrible OC. Shockey is underutilized. Tiki and Jacobs spend more time blocking than running or even going out for screens or short passes. Because of how disinterested Huff seems towards the running game opposing defenses are constantly sending a heavy pass rush at our line, swarming what is not a great pass protecting line and giving Eli little time to make a play. It is so frustrating watching our opponents QB have plenty of time week in and week out and then having to watch Eli try and scramble just to give himself extra time. We all know Eli is a pocket passer, yet he seems to never have a pocket worth working from.

As far as Lewis goes, I swear he leaves the stadium after the first half to beat the traffic. Because in almost every single game so far this season our defense has been aggresive in the first half, and passive in the second. I don't know if it is because they are tired, or some other excuse, but for some reason our DC likes to mess with success. They are two completely different defenses and I can only blame that on playcalling.

Amen to that brother...at least he knows how to use Shockey and he would come in his pants if he had Jacobs as opposed to that wasted draft choice Dayne. ;)

Tiki gained 90% of those yds on 4 plays...........15 times he got stuffed

Tiki is feast or famine.........you need a Jacobs or Larry Johnson type against the Bears.......somebody who can push the pile if there is no hole

Not just Tiki though, Jacobs should have gotten 15-20 carries Sunday night in that weather. He got 2.

Not just Tiki though, Jacobs should have gotten 15-20 carries Sunday night in that weather. He got 2.

That is a reoccuring theme with Huff. He seems afraid of running the ball. Texans game Tiki has only 10 rushes at one point in the 3rd quarter.....Tiki who accounts for 40% if not more of our offensive production has touched the ball TEN times?! You don't need to be a brain surgeon to realize there is something seriously wrong with our offensive playcalling.

I bet if Eli didn't check to a run play at the line a couple times during a game Tiki would be averaging 15 touches a game. I miss the days when Tiki would get the ball 30 times.

Listen closely Huff: THIS IS HIS LAST SEASON! It is not like you are trying to keep your 31 year old HB fresh for a couple more seasons. This is his last shot at a SB and you are squandering away his talent.