SportsWrath

Yeah maybe we should have not traded Rivers for Manning

jranieli

eh, i sitll dont like rivers better than manning. give manning ladainian tomlinson and a head coach not named tom coughlin and we'll see a stark contrast in stats.

manning sucked, but come on guys, it was pouring rain.

It was pouring rain for Grossman also.

Yeah, but the Bears did what we should have done. They ran 30+ times. We stopped blitzing and sat back and let him choose his target.

Eli was set up to fail last night. We stopped running and couldn't protect him.

VG, when Grossman threw down the field last night he was hitting his receivers for the most part. When Eli threw the ball last night, the ball looked like it was going to the moon. How do you explain how down around the 20, he throws a ball at Plax that was over his outstretched arms, and Plax is 6-5!!. The pass required touch and he launched it into the stands almost. And he got no reprimand. Yes we should have run more, and the blitzing part is not as big of a deal as people are saying.

And I don't know why people are saying we didn't protect him. He got time to throw the ball guys.

VG, when Grossman threw down the field last night he was hitting his receivers for the most part. When Eli threw the ball last night, the ball looked like it was going to the moon. How do you explain how down around the 20, he throws a ball at Plax that was over his outstretched arms, and Plax is 6-5!!. The pass required touch and he launched it into the stands almost. And he got no reprimand. Yes we should have run more, and the blitzing part is not as big of a deal as people are saying.

And I don't know why people are saying we didn't protect him. He got time to throw the ball guys.

I'm not saying he played well, he did look horrible. but I don't think he played bad enough to warrant bench time. He threw some bad passes, lots of those were from throwing off his back foot.

If you think he had protection, I really don't know what to say. What I saw was Whittle getting owned and Eli getting his arm swatted on a few occasions, and constant pressure making him throw from his back foot.

I'm not saying he played well, he did look horrible. but I don't think he played bad enough to warrant bench time. He threw some bad passes, lots of those were from throwing off his back foot.

If you think he had protection, I really don't know what to say. What I saw was Whittle getting owned and Eli getting his arm swatted on a few occasions, and constant pressure making him throw from his back foot.

I didn't say bench him at first. I said give him a tongue lashing at least. Do something!. Don't let the guy walk right off the field, drop his helmet, put his cap back on and then look like" boy I really enjoy wearing this cap".

Whittle???

Eli got time to throw in this game. he did't get as much when we were losing but he still had time.

Let's not forget that Eli could not step up in the pocket for most of the game. The Bears DTs are the best in the game. That's a recipe for disaster for any QB when you not only have pressure coming from the left end but you can't step up either.

For the guys that want to see us run the ball more, we did after the Plax fumble. It was 3rd and 12 and we handed it off to Tiki for 2 yards. We played for a fuckin FG, it could have been 17-3 instead of 13-3.

eli did have a shitty game, but again it was raining and he had no protection against one of the best defenses in the league. The coaches are more to blame for this loss. they should let eli go no huddle earlier in the game, let him make plays the way he wants to

Yeah, this team is not going to the playoffs. And oh yeah, Tiki is retiring at the end of the season

Nem, you are smarter than that. THis team is 6-3, in FIRST FRIGGING PLACE in their division, by 1 game, over 2 teams THEY HAVE ALREADY BEATEN ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEELAX everyone it was a bad game, we will be fine.

By the way, anyone that thinks Rivers would do any better as a QB playinig in Giants stadium on a regular basis is not paying attention. He mechanics and more importantly arm strenght or lack thereof would not flourish in this environment. Like Phil Simms once said, 8 games at Giants STadium is why a Giants QB will never lead the league in passing.

Manning was horrible but I'm still glad we have him. This was a total team loss including special teams. Witfield got owned after Petigout went out. When we were going in after the score was 24-20, we only needed a few yards for a managable FG to pull within 1 point. The coaches need to play it safe once in a while.

In my mind, this was a huge loss with the Eagles and Cowboys winning and half our team out with injuries. I only hope that this team can come up with some answers. Manning better wake up and play as the first overall pick, because he is gonna need to win some games down the stretch. I still have faith that the light will come back on.

Thanks for putting things in perspective. Yes Rivers looks good to a lot of people now but seriously, how many of us thought he was better than Eli then? I remember the same things being said about Rothlesburger... who would you really rather have?

Let's not forget, we played with a make-shift Defense and Bob Whitfield got owned... Eli was rattled. I'm not sure why Shockey wasn't involved in more plays.. maybe he just never got open... We lost this game because Coach Coughlin decided to go for a 52 yard field goal knowing the weather conditions and his kicker's leg strength.. or lackthereof.

The otherside of the coin, Tim Lewis stopped blitzing and Grossoman got comfortable.. that lead to our D staying on the field and exposed.. because of the injuries of course... It's a very tough loss and I kid you not I don't remember a single play after that 108 yard TD return.

This game is very similar to Seattle's game last year... both we could've taken the NFC lead.. we didn't.. we shot ourselves in the foot.. in BOTH...