SportsWrath

Can we stop with the stupid jumpshot crap already?

mickeef2

Personally...the 'jump shot' thing is refreshing. It sure beats the overused 'muscle flex' and the chest pound. And I am soooo done with the 'duck walk' after every tackle.

Here's a novel idea: How about walk back to the huddle and get ready for the next play? :confused: Nah.

I guarantee someone will get hurt doing that or we'll be called for a huge penalty because of someone doing that crap. Enough.

Actually I don't think you can get called for a penalty on a celebration if you are the only one doing it, the penalty for group celebration would only apply if more than one player were doing the jump shot.... the penalty for taunting would only apply if they were to do it in the face of the opposing player.

Personally I don't have a problem with them doing it, I think that they kind of use it as a unifying act on defense.... whatever these guys need to keep them going & keep them going after the QB on every snap.

I think it is a good celebration, not over the top or in the other team's face. As long as it is done one guy at a time it will draw a flag...

I'm not so sure about that. TO got a penalty today for doing something by himself. Carr did it back to us and got a penalty as well (and that was a really stupid mistake for a QB, by the way). My point is, the refs are being really inconsistent with this celebration penalty, and we always seem to have dumb penalties go against us at the worst possible moment. I hope I'm wrong on this, but I could see it happening.

I'm not so sure about that. TO got a penalty today for doing something by himself. Carr did it back to us and got a penalty as well (and that was a really stupid mistake for a QB, by the way). My point is, the refs are being really inconsistent with this celebration penalty, and we always seem to have dumb penalties go against us at the worst possible moment. I hope I'm wrong on this, but I could see it happening.

T.O. penalty = he left his feet AND used the ball as a prop. Very clear

David "the dunce and I get sacked more than anyone including Bledsoe" Carr penalty = Taunting. Very clear!

Its fine by me. What matters is what internal purpose it is achieving. It seems like this Ballin nonsense has gotten our D to be more aggressive and gel together better. If thats the case then so be it.

Just that, it looks idiotic if it is over done. I mean, any fucking play you do then everybody starts jumping up and doing the jump shot thing, then it looks fucked up. But if it is done sparingly its cool.

PS - Carr is an idiot. Even the fucking Raiders are now doing it. I guess it worked for them too considering they beat the Steelers on D!

Our thing and TO is different. The NFL has acknowledged what we've been doing and they are fine with it. TO on the other hand was exactly what was being told not to do.

Was a group celebration nitwit...

What we need now is something to counter when an opposing team does it....

(fucking drama ain't it)