SportsWrath

Can we stop with the stupid jumpshot crap already?

mickeef2

Ya know mic, when i first saw it i felt the same way, but 've changed my tune. It gives the team an identity, something i think we sorely needed. We're ballers now, and if thats what it takes to put 5,6,7, + sackas and for the D to play with emotion, I'll take it.

Plus, it gives opposing teams fans a reason to dislike us, i think it really irritates them. My brother in law (Skins fan) was trying to tell me how bad the Giants were and ofcourse i kept attempting to set him straight. He gets frustrated and says, "And ya'll just keep that jumpshot crap up too". I say "jumpshot? Thats ballin' baby"

:LMAO:

Seriously though, it's cool with the NFL as long as it isn't team celebration so it shouldn't cause any penalties. but like GO just said, when other teams do it, it should piss the D off and make them punish the other team. When Mario did it sunday, i said here we go, now the D is gonna punish Carr, but they didn't. :(

Just because you all for 55 years old and retiring doesnt mean you have to go into old ass man mode and go against all fun and thing to celebrate.

I am a country&western music fan, so I think it would be cool to have a fiddle straped on there back and when they have a sack break out the fiddle and play a little diddy.

Ya know mic, when i first saw it i felt the same way, but 've changed my tune. It gives the team an identity, something i think we sorely needed. We're ballers now, and if thats what it takes to put 5,6,7, + sackas and for the D to play with emotion, I'll take it.

Yeah, but my point is that everybody loves something like that until it ends up costing you big, then they can't understand why nobody nipped it in the bud.

Yeah, but my point is that everybody loves something like that until it ends up costing you big, then they can't understand why nobody nipped it in the bud.

I think that overly concerned about something that doesn't deserve it. We've been flagged for it once and haven't been flagged for it since... and it's not like they do it on EVERY play. They do it on GREAT defensive plays (with the exception of Kiwi's sack on Carr). Since when is it a problem to celebrate a positive defensive play? Did anyone have an issue with the Mile High Salute or the Dirty Bird a few years back? Both of those were "team exclusive" celebrations so what's the issue with the Giants being Ballers? I think that our team is smart enough to know not to take it to the level of taunting or anything else that could be detrimental.

Be happy this team has identity on either side of the ball. I like the flavor.

I think this team needs to be edgy, pushy, nasty, prolific, and maybe a little showy.

I don't want that to be all that we are, but with all that we are (and have been), we're only marketable because we're in NY, otherwise this team is a quite as Cleveland.

We need a Chad Johnson like confidence to match our current talent: I think we had it; it was called Shockey, but he was muzzled, quieted, and in some cases neutered.

I am a country&western music fan, so I think it would be cool to have a fiddle straped on there back and when they have a sack break out the fiddle and play a little diddy.

I think it's against NFL rule to carry a fiddle on your back during game play...I could be wrong though. :confused:

Yeah, but the NFL has adressed it, they said as long as it isn't a team celebratio where all of them is doing it in unison, then it's not a penalty.

Carr/Williams were penalized because it was an obvious spoof of the iants and they were attempting to degrade them.

TO was penalized because he layed on the ground and used the ball as a prop. 2 things that were said would be penalized prior to the season.