SportsWrath

Marion Barber was cut and is available Gentlemen

JackStroud

what injury?

can you elaborate on that.....give us some details?

or are you talking out of your ass (my guess)

i hope he was injured, it might help to better explain his 3.3 avg last season.

i've always admired Marion Barber and so has TC ......i wouldnt rule this one out

( i must be getting old too Jack ........to find myself agreeing with you ! ...........ps. isn't Chase Blackburn a great player )

I love Marion Barber........hes a winner and one tough SOB............the anti-Pussyfoot

At one time Marion Barber was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. That time was 2007. Marion Barber is far from a home run threat... he won't take it the distance, he won't get out on the edge and take the corner, he is strictly a between the tackles type of runner. Also, Marion Barber has NEVER rushed for more than a 1000 yards in a season. Last season was his worst statistical season yet. As for the Cowboys not having a passing game after Romo, that is not true. They had Kitna, who passed for about 2,400 yards in only 10 games. They absolutely had a passing game, as evidenced by the 327 yards Kitna put up on us in our second meeting last season.

In closing, Tiki Barber would be a much, MUCH better signing at this point than Marion Barber. In fact, Barber may not find work before the season begins and teams lose running backs due to injury.

I'd love to see Tiki in our backfield...........Tiki is the man and do not be surprised if he goes to the Cowboys and lead the league in rushing.

Unless you fire Ol Tom that's about as likely as me winning the Mega Millions this week with my weekly single ticket

Barber can turn the still turn the corner.........get yourself a big screen HDTV, or a new set of glasses

then maybe you need a 70 inch LED 3D and LaserVision surgery ..........LOL :facepalm:

hes turned it on us many times and killed us with game ending drives...........and NO I'm not going to flip through Youtube to prove my point

don't have the time.......you do that

At one time Marion Barber was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. That time was 2007. Marion Barber is far from a home run threat... he won't take it the distance, he won't get out on the edge and take the corner, he is strictly a between the tackles type of runner. Also, Marion Barber has NEVER rushed for more than a 1000 yards in a season. Last season was his worst statistical season yet. As for the Cowboys not having a passing game after Romo, that is not true. They had Kitna, who passed for about 2,400 yards in only 10 games. They absolutely had a passing game, as evidenced by the 327 yards Kitna put up on us in our second meeting last season.

In closing, Tiki Barber would be a much, MUCH better signing at this point than Marion Barber. In fact, Barber may not find work before the season begins and teams lose running backs due to injury.

the dog thinks barber was fairly underrated. he was never really a feature back, so lost carries to others through most of his career which speaks to never having a 1000 yard season (a stat that is becoming less relevant now-a-days). he is under 30 years old, so he still may have something left in the tank, and quite frankly could land somewhere and be valuable, but the dog wouldn't see the giants jumping to take him. he always ran extremely hard and was very physical, but the dog didn't see many cowboy games last year to see if that still holds true. if he still runs with the same intensity that he did in past years, he can make some team better.

and yes, if given the choice between barber and jacobs, the dog would take barber...never saw jacobs the same way many have, but that is well documented on these boards...

I would take any of the young backs that are hungry to make an NFL team over Marion Barber. RB is pretty much "plug and play" anymore. There are a handful of backs that can cut hard and be a threat to go all the way if they break loose (Barber isn't one of them), but for the most part.....rb is plug and play (IMHO). The days of Jim Brown or Barry Sanders carrying a team are long gone. Especially since everyone has gone to a West Coast Offense these days. The primary purpose of a RB now is to add to the blocking and to keep the secondary honest to free up the receivers.

Jack, Barber is strictly between the tackles. They don't even call plays for him to run outside, so I don't know what you're talking about. He has NO speed. FORGET 1000 yards... Barber didn't run for 400 yards last year. Jack, I have a buddy that I watched football a lot with when I was in Kuwait... he was a huge Cowboys' fan and we watched several games together. This guy watches as much football as I do... and knows as much about the Cowboys as I know about the Giants. He hates Marion Barber and he couldn't wait until the guy was gone. He wanted Tashard Choice to take his carries last year.

Barber: 113 carries, 374 yards

Jacobs: 147 carries, 823 yards

Barber: 3.3 Yards Per Carry

Jacobs: 5.6 Yards Per Carry

Barber: 3 carries more than 20 yards

Jacobs: 10 carries more than 20 yards

Barber: 25 yard long

Jacobs: 73 yard long

Barber: 4 TDs rushing

Jacobs: 9 TDs rushing

Anybody who would take Barber over Jacobs is an absolute fucking idiot... please get hired as the Eagles GM immediately.

Jack, Barber is strictly between the tackles. They don't even call plays for him to run outside, so I don't know what you're talking about. He has NO speed. FORGET 1000 yards... Barber didn't run for 400 yards last year. Jack, I have a buddy that I watched football a lot with when I was in Kuwait... he was a huge Cowboys' fan and we watched several games together. This guy watches as much football as I do... and knows as much about the Cowboys as I know about the Giants. He hates Marion Barber and he couldn't wait until the guy was gone. He wanted Tashard Choice to take his carries last year.

Barber: 113 carries, 374 yards

Jacobs: 147 carries, 823 yards

Barber: 3.3 Yards Per Carry

Jacobs: 5.6 Yards Per Carry

Barber: 3 carries more than 20 yards

Jacobs: 10 carries more than 20 yards

Barber: 25 yard long

Jacobs: 73 yard long

Barber: 4 TDs rushing

Jacobs: 9 TDs rushing

Anybody who would take Barber over Jacobs is an absolute fucking idiot... please get hired as the Eagles GM immediately.

Whats missing in these stats is when you need a 1st down and a yd to go.........Pussyfoot can no longer get you that yd.......hes very slow off the snap, and no longer hits the hole with anger, Bradshaw can but he's 190 with lead bricks in his pockets.......Barber would be very good for those situations and I'm not saying get rid of Pussyfoot.......just realize he's not a short yardage back, even Crazy Coughlin must be realizing this by now.

Also Barber plays best when hes got that cocky atttitude

Its hard too have attitude when you play for a team of sorry ass losers like the Boys