SportsWrath

Marion Barber was cut and is available Gentlemen

JackStroud

you guys are a tough crew but coming back a year later gives perspective

you have all lost the ability to dream positively......in other words you have become a bunch of negative hens

I am being kind.............bitches came 1st to mind to be honest.

How are you Nas how is your Musim life going......must suck to be stuck with that identity in the most Muslim hating country on earth,,,,,,,and most powerful. Why dont you pose as a non-denominational.......I wore a Canadian maple leaf pin in Europe on tour and life became much easier. :smartass:

super. the dog is still waiting for videos demonstrating his ability to perform when not given a large hole to run through, because you continue to provide evidence of all that the dog has been talking about with regards to jacobs. please be prompt, the dog has limited access today.

I agree Hotdog

Jacobs benefits from being on a hot passing team...hes a decent back no more no less........his biggest problem is he cannot run low......his legs are a big target

Put him on St Louis or Tampa and hes a 400-500 yd a year man

This is why these stats are so misleading..........you have to look at the context.......raw numbers do not cut it

super. the dog is still waiting for videos demonstrating his ability to perform when not given a large hole to run through, because you continue to provide evidence of all that the dog has been talking about with regards to jacobs. please be prompt, the dog has limited access today.

But dog, doesnt every RB need an Oline to give him a hole to run through? Thats Jims point, hes better than Barber. Without a hole. no RB is goin anywhere....well, except Barry Sanders. :smartass:

Your comment doesn't have any merit. He breaks tackles in plenty of the videos. Like I said, you're a dumbass.

Jack... Jacobs is 265 lbs and 6'4", he does well. I'm not insulting your intelligence, Jack, you are just a little whackadoo... but we still love you. It's part of your charm... but neither one of you can see that a running back that averages 5.6 yards a carry in the NFL is superb. Don't care about linemen, don't care about opposing defenses... it all averages out in the NFL.. besides, the O-line for the Giants did not have their best year last year. If it was so easy, everyone would do it.

Jacobs is a damn good back... he probably can't tote it 25 times per game every game in a season, but as complimentary back, he's as good as it gets.

The "dog" is a fucking moron. Just so the Dog knows, there are a LOT of Brandon Jacobs highlights on NFL.com... I couldn't post them all... this is of course just from last season. Not so with your hero Marion Barber. I think he only had one real good run last year... lol.

Come on shit for brains, what else you got?

Plenty of good running backs have played behind good offensive lines, and yet failed to acheive 5.0 yards per carry.

Case in point...Emmit Smith only broke 5 ypc once, and he played behind arguably the best offensive line of the '90s.

Jacobs is a beast.

5.6 yds per carry is excellent.........excellent

But I personally have never seen Marion Barber stuffed on a 3rd and 1......some other genius said he saw it happen once last year.

I've only seen Jacobs NOT get stuffed but 2 or 3 times..............hes is glacially slow off the mark.........he was supposed to be the 3rd and 1 answer HE IS NOT............now we have poor 180 lbs Bradshaw getting the 3rd and ones and frankly that's when he fumbles

I'd take Marion on just for 3rd and ones............years ago Parcells brought in a back from New Orleans Tony Galbreath .........he only got in on 3rd and short yardage.....they ran a draw everytime he came in and I'll be dammed if the guy did not average 10 yds on 3rd down just because he had a unique ability to avoid the 1st tackler

Thats Marion Barbers strength it takes 2, 3, 4 guys to bring him to the floor.

Pussyfoot runs right into his own blockers on 3rd and short and then falls down like hes been shot by Lee Harvey Oswald

5.6 yds per carry is excellent.........excellent

But I personally have never seen Marion Barber stuffed on a 3rd and 1......some other genius said he saw it happen once last year.

I've only seen Jacobs NOT get stuffed but 2 or 3 times..............hes is glacially slow off the mark.........he was supposed to be the 3rd and 1 answer HE IS NOT............now we have poor 180 lbs Bradshaw getting the 3rd and ones and frankly that's when he fumbles

I'd take Marion on just for 3rd and ones............years ago Parcells brought in a back from New Orleans Tony Galbreath .........he only got in on 3rd and short yardage.....they ran a draw everytime he came in and I'll be dammed if the guy did not average 10 yds on 3rd down just because he had a unique ability to avoid the 1st tackler

Thats Marion Barbers strength it takes 2, 3, 4 guys to bring him to the floor.

Pussyfoot runs right into his own blockers on 3rd and short and then falls down like hes been shot by Lee Harvey Oswald

From ESPN.com play by play:

Wk1 vs Redskins

1st and 4 at WSH 4 M.Barber up the middle to WAS 4 for no gain (K.Golston, L.Fletcher).

Final Line: 8 carries, 39 yards (4.9 YPC, not too bad. Long of 12)

Wk2 vs Bears:

1st and 1 at CHI 1 M.Barber up the middle to CHI 1 for no gain (D.Manning).

1st and 10 at DAL 49 (Shotgun) M.Barber up the middle to DAL 46 for -3 yards (L.Briggs).

Final line: 11 carries, 28 yards

Wk3 vs Texans

2nd and 10 at HOU 18 M.Barber up the middle to HST 18 for no gain (A.Okoye, A.Smith).

2nd and 4 at DAL 32 M.Barber right tackle to DAL 32 for no gain (X.Adibi; D.Ryans).

3rd and 5 at HOU 20 M.Barber up the middle to HST 22 for -2 yards (A.Okoye; B.Pollard).

Final line: 17 carries, 55 yards, 1 TD... 3.2 YPC

Wk5 vs Titans

Marion Barber was able to get yardage on all of his carries! All 6 of them for a total of 19 yards!

Final line: 6 carries, 19 yards

Wk6 vs Vikings

Again Marion Barber gained yardage on all of his carries! 10 of them for 31 yards! Lots of 2 yard runs in there, AGAIN!

Final line: 10 carries, 31 yards

Wk7 vs Giants

1st and 8 at NYG 8 M.Barber right end to NYG 8 for no gain (C.Canty).

2nd and 8 at NYG 8 (Shotgun) M.Barber right tackle to NYG 8 for no gain (J.Tuck). (back to back plays, lol) Cowboys don't give Barber the ball again for the rest of the game, lol, and the above happened in the 1st Qtr. Barber's final line: 4 carries for 6 yards.

Wk8 vs Jaguars

1st and 10 at DAL 44 M.Barber left end to DAL 39 for -5 yards (D.Cox).

1st and 10 at DAL 42 (Shotgun) M.Barber right tackle to DAL 42 for no gain (J.Durant).

4th and 1 at JAC 1 M.Barber left tackle to JAX 1 for no gain (Da.Smith; K.Morrison). The Replay Assistant challenged the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was Upheld.

Final line: Barber 9 carries for 16 yards, lol. He did have a 1 yd TD.

Wk9 vs Packers

3rd and 1 at DAL 39 M.Barber right tackle to DAL 39 for no gain (R.Pickett).

3rd and 1 at DAL 48 M.Barber up the middle to DAL 45 for -3 yards (C.Matthews). GB-R.Pickett was injured during the play.

2nd and 12 at DAL 33 (Shotgun) M.Barber right guard to DAL 32 for -1 yards (C.Woodson, C.Jenkins).

Final line: 6 carries for 14 yards

Wk10 vs Giants

2nd and 9 at DAL 46 M.Barber left tackle to DAL 45 for -1 yards (T.Thomas).

Final line: 8 carries for 47 yards (18 on 1 carry) Not a bad game though. Half of his carries were for 3 yards or less.

Wk11 vs Lions

1st and 5 at DAL 7 M.Barber right tackle to DAL 5 for -2 yards (J.Peterson).

1st and 1 at DET 1 M.Barber up the middle to DET 1 for no gain (D.Levy).

1st and 5 at DET 5 M.Barber left tackle to DET 5 for no gain (N.Suh).

2nd and 12 at DAL 49 M.Barber right end to DAL 47 for -2 yards (J.Peterson). PENALTY on DET-J.Peterson, Horse Collar Tackle, 15 yards, enforced at DAL 47.

1st and 10 at DET 48 M.Barber left tackle to DET 48 for no gain (L.Johnson).

2nd and 10 at DET 48 M.Barber left tackle to DET 48 for no gain (N.Suh).

Final line: 13 carries, 36 yards (hey, at least they finally gave him double digit carries) All but one of his carries were for 3 yards or less, he did have one 24 yard run. LOL. 6 times he went nowhere or backwards.

Wk 12 vs Saints

4th and 1 at NO 21 M.Barber right end to NO 21 for no gain (J.Dunbar).

2nd and 1 at NO 1 M.Barber up the middle to NO 1 for no gain (J.Vilma).

Final line: 10 carries, 19 yards, 1 TD (7 of his 10 were for 3 yards or less... 6 of those 7 were for 2 yards or less)

Wk 13 vs Colts

Did not play

Wk 14 vs Eagles

Did not play

Wk 15 vs Redskins

Did not play

Wk 16 vs Cardinals

1st and 8 at ARI 8 M.Barber right tackle to ARZ 9 for -1 yards (P.Lenon).

Final line: 8 carries, 58 yards, 1 TD (Probably his best game of the season, had a pair of 25 yard runs, one was for the TD, those 2 runs accounted for almost all his yardage).

Wk 17 vs Eagles

3rd and 1 at PHI 45 M.Barber up the middle to PHI 45 for no gain (D.Tapp).

Final line: 3 carries for 3 yards (Long run of 2 yds)

Barber was stuffed for no gain or for a loss on a full 25 times out of his 113 carries in 13 games. Truly a remarkable running back.

Jacobs was stuffed 25 times last year for no gain or a loss... here's the difference, though... Jacobs had 34 more carries than Barber... also Jacobs had more big plays, as has already been established, and 10 more first down runs than Barber. No matter which way you slice it... Jacobs has performed better than Barber in every way. First downs, rate of first downs per carry, big plays, TD's, plays for positive yardage, YPC (and not close). It just doesn't matter. Barber stinks. I'm not saying Jacobs is on par with Jim Brown. He's not, but he's way better than Barber.

I don't pretend to know everything there is to know about Marion Barber, but some things I've observed:

• I was always happy when Barber was playing, because that meant Choice wasn't. Speed kills our D.
  • I also knew that no matter how badly Barber hit us in the first half, he would disappear in the second half of a game. Whether that was scheme or him running out of steam by half-time, I'll leave to someone who watches the Cowboys more than myself.
  • The previous statement pretty much seemed to hold true over the course of an NFL season for Barber.
  • Crediting 5.6 ypc for Jacobs last year on the oline is a bit dubious considering the amount of shuffling on the line that went on from game to game. Unless our second-stringers are that much better than Dallas' starters, which I doubt. You could argue that we pick and choose when to run Jacobs, but the same could be said about Bradshaw--which is kind of the point in a 2-back system.

But dog, doesnt every RB need an Oline to give him a hole to run through? Thats Jims point, hes better than Barber. Without a hole. no RB is goin anywhere....well, except Barry Sanders. :smartass:

Marion Barber is capable of bending space-time and teleporting through the line...when he feels like it.

talking about peoples families? real classy jack.

wasn't it another poster recently who said (and was agreed with) that we don't go after peoples families here.

Yea the poster currently known as Prince.