SportsWrath

what are your realistic FA requirements

UK-Giantsfan

i cant see Reese trading and paying way over the odds for Boldin , and i hate the idea of TO or Ocho in blue !

all the talk about Haynesworth , Peppers and Vima is unrealistic.

I would like to see TJ and Dansby on our team next year

who do you think are realistic FA acquisitions ?

i cant see Reese trading and paying way over the odds for Boldin , and i hate the idea of TO or Ocho in blue !

Bolden to me is overrated.

I think Dansby is totally realistic.

Boldin's price will come down the closer we get to the draft. Teams aren't willing to give "Roy Williams" type compensation for him... as funny as that sounds. If we can give a first and third for him, I'd say get him.

I REALLY wanna see Dansby in Giant blue next yr. :flex:

I would like to see Dansby or Bart Scott, Scott is very reasonable and will be the odd man out in Baltimore, but he may the best of all the Ravens LB's. Kiwi/Kehl, Pierce, Scott makes for a great LB core especially behind our D-line, i think we go DE in the draft if a Michael Johnson is sitting there the draft is loaded with pass rushers Maybin,Brown,Orakpo,Johnson. WR we might be confident enough in Manningham, Hagan and Smith and a maybe on Burress, i don't think Reese is gonna overpay for a top notch wideout like T.J or give up 75 draft picks for what could be a locker room cancer like Boldin.

Heres my take:

To all of you that say Boldin is overrated - your out of your mind or simply have not watched him enough this year. This guy was putting up 100 yard 1,2,3 touchdown games all season long. In fact, I think he outplayed Fitzgerald for a majority of the season - A fact everyone forgets because Fitz went wild in the playoffs and Boldin missed a few weeks when he broke his face. Dude is a monster, espcially after the catch. The Giants basically shutdown those receivers better than almost any team did this year and I still think they all had like 80 yards or more (including Breaston) - This is all without a running game by the way. Boldin would be worth every penny (and with more draft picks than we have had in ages) why are people against this move?

TJ - Would be solid - wouldn't mind this move

T.O./Chad - There should be a fine for anyone who even mentions their names within 500 yards of Giants stadium

Dansby - I have been saying for weeks he would be a great pickup

I'm sticking with Plax being our #1 WR. TJ seem like a possibility at #2...

Also - if we don't get Boldin and we get a solid wr free agent for a lot cheaper (don't have any in mind at the moment) - the wr market is very very impressive next offseason. Something to keep in mind when we are throwing money around.

ALSO LET'S NOT FORGET: BOLDIN IS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE CARD'S HE IS NOT A FREE AGENT

HE'S JUST TRYING TO GAIN LEVERAGE FOR A NEW CONTRACT. IF HE SIT'S HE WILL LOSE MONEY.

I think he's a terrific receiver, but I don't know if he's a great fit, I think we really need a Plax type guy who can catch the high Eli balls and the jump ball in the end zone.

We do have a Plax type receiver already... He wears #17.

Funny

last week you wanted Plax ,Boldin and Smith <_<

I still do. But now some of you say getting Boldin is unrealistic... fine, it may be too expensive.. so what's the next best thing... we don't get Boldin, go after TJ... <_<

Dudes gonna see jail time, I can't see any way out of it....and if he don't, it's been made clear he wants out of NY. It's pretty apparent Plax's days in Giants blue are done.

I'm hoping for the best. I think the get out of jail free card is still in play.. and the NFL should take the same approach given the Giants suspended Plax which cost them their 2nd super bowl in as many years. The agent "shopping" plax is theater.. the dude is still under contract.