SportsWrath

Bold predictions.

Sephiroth

I've said before that you need at least 4 weeks into a season to get a clue as to what sort of team you've got. I think we'll know more after this Redskins game.

Right now, I think you toss out that Detroit game......1st game of the season, alot of new faces, new offense, going against a Detroit team that always plays its best ball at home, and early in the year.

I think both the Arizona and Houston games are a better indicator of what this Giants team will be.......a team that can easily fuck up enough to give away a game.....OR a team that can hang tough and even dominate when everyone plays their best and smartest football.

I was a believer in McAdoo before the season started, and felt his approach would be perfect for an uptempo, cerebral, intuitive QB like Eli Manning. Never been a huge Fewell fan, but when his system works, turnovers follow, and in this pass-happy league, maybe that's the most I should hope for from any NFL defense.

I think this will be a low-scoring affair. As BG said, DC is tough against the run. I don't think our offensive line is "solved" by any stretch, but I do think that they are gaining some collective rhythm along with their QB and receivers, and that's helping the offense in general.

If the Giants defense can keep playing the way they have, they'll likely give up some yards, but also come up with some big plays to flip the field.

I expect nothing from our Special Teams....the best I can hope for is that they don't fuck things up, because expecting them to do anything special to actually help the team is a pipe dream.

I think this is the Giants game to win or lose. If they keep the unforced errors to a minimum, and win the turnover battle, they win.

17-10 Giants.